Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with United server, or with my connection?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Problem with United server, or with my connection? Reply with quote

From time to time I join the United server and after a while I'm told that the match has been interrupted and it's returning to the menus. If I try to rejoin, usually the screen stays blank for a while before I'm told the same thing again.

I'm also sometimes told before I get this message that everybody else is getting kicked as well, but I'm not convinced that this actually happens as the server list shows the people I was racing are still on and on one occasion when I actually managed to rejoin, the person I was racing was a lap ahead and presumably unaffected.

It might not be a problem with the server as my internet connection does some really daft things from time to time. It disconnects itself without warning and won't reconnect unless I disconnect the Speedtouch modem and plug it back in again first. Also, when I used to host Racing For Shropshire sessions on TMN and TMO (myself, JonnyGreenGiant, another two local lads and whoever else decided to take us on on our own tracks), everybody would be suddenly turfed off in a similar fashion to what happens to me on United, leaving me on my own. So thinking about it it's probably some kind of problem with my connection, except I don't know what.

Can anybody please shed some light on this unfortunate situation? and will the server eventually be able to show my current race position and split times?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
and will the server eventually be able to show my current race position and split times?

This is nadeo being lazy, nothing to do with the server.

And with the disconnections and others showing they've been kicked, its probably problems your end. When i get disconnected/kicked/banned Rolling Eyes it shows everyone else being disconnected aswell. Are you on a wireless connection??
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, internet access here is via one of those rubbish Speedtouch single PC modems. I'm hoping to get a better PC for playing TM with better graphics up in my room at some point, which will need internet access (I'm thinking HomePlug might be an idea). This will also mean I can be online without having to shift my brother from that IMVU rubbish he uses.

And sorry about the positions confusion too.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server very rarely kicks people though everyone got booted last saturday I think it was Smile.

I would always recommend using a modem router not a usb modem as it protects your computer with its firewall and does not impact your computers processing. routers cost from £30.

The seemingly random disconnections from the internet is the cause. It could be a dodgy modem, a dodgy signal, a dodgy adsl filter. ensure all telephones have filters and that all telephone connections use the filters. also swap the filters round and see if the problem changes. A good router will tell you signal strength and provide logs of disconnections.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
and will the server eventually be able to show my current race position and split times?

Thanks to Madman, you can see it if you click on "sectors" near from the top of the screen, on the left.
The system starts after the first player cross the first checkpoint. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: