Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First 2 GP's of the season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-slowth-

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: First 2 GP's of the season Reply with quote

You lot used to discuss your race afterwards and i enjoyed reading the different perspectives given but the last few races have gone unremarked.
Is it defunkt now that you're all on vent or are you just not bothered anymore?

Race 1:Steady race,never had to restart at any checkpoints but a few clipped kerbs kept me away from the front pack.Finished 13th (i think) after Shadowfax nailed me on the line for 12th.

Race 2: had to leave and return between race 1 & 2 because i couldnt get rid of the birds eye view of the track waiting for finishers from race 1 and panicked that it might still be there for the start of race 2.Came back and a few racers commented that i was showing as Hotswat and him as me.Didnt affect anything race wise though.He stayed fast,i stayed mediocre.Another steady trundle round with no respawning but not fast enough to worry anybody.Hovered between 10th and 15th and finished 12th or 13th.

How did you get on?
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set my sights pretty low this week, between my still cack graphics + consistent lag, I coudln't expect great speed + consistency.

1st race

Pretty much went perfectly. Got into 3rd after the first few corners and aside from moving position when SWAT crashed/recovered, had a lonely race. Had to concerntrate every lap with my issues and was well chuffed with 3rd.

2nd race

Awful first 2-3 laps put me dead last. Then slowly moved upto 13/14th and noticed Moldo was only a few secs ahead. Anyway he zoomed off and I was unable to go very fast OR consistently (dirt jumps = argh). I picked off a few people and then gained like 3 more places without passing anyone. c3b was just ahead of me all of the last lap except when I used my ch33ting powersliding skillz to overtake on the last corner. Hooray 8th!
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1: curbs n walls interupted my rythym thruoght

R2: loved it, i had a good start made an error dropped back recaught up around lap 15 with buns and co, then around lap 17made a lil error put me 5 secs behind the buns group. the last few laps were imense closeness. Smile

---------
why were the tracks 2 tracks picked from the MAD server? i always enjoyed having fresh tracks for GPs (the 2nd track was put in few days ago) the 1st was about a week ago?

c3b

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race

The first race was quite good for me. No crashing or respawning and I finished in 5th place

2nd race

I knew the second race would be harder for me and I started real bad and had to overtake a whole lot of racers in the beginning. When it all settled down I was fighting for quite a few laps with Tyke. I finally managed to pull away a little when all of a sudden Danski came speeding past on the last corner and I finished 9th.

Last edited by c3b on Sun May 04, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
THUG brixton inmate

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race complete nightmare computer crashed at the very start do i have to go on 2nd race bad start was 14th wife started banging on at me lost a 5 plaices normally move up the feild but dew to respawn no one crashed out and steyed there all the race . never been grate with short tracks anyway preff faster tracks but hey had a good time ,thanks and see you next week
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare weekend.

1st race : My favourite track of the event and i had an invalid time, that's very frustrating.

2nd race : I was 3rd for a good part of the race and then i begun to go nuts to be 4th and finally totally miss my end to finish 7th. Very disapoited but that's the game

Congratulations to HotSwat for his wonderful victories Wink
tyke65

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race.
terrible start, just about hit every corner on the first few laps and i think i was down to dead last at one point.
Eventually sorted myself out and tried to shut you lot out on vent...Dan dont you ever shut up...!!!!! Laughing think i finished about 14th..?

2nd race.
Much better start and got down to a good pace (for me !!) early on.
Although this was a very tricky track and when i thought i was hitting the same jumps in same way the landing always seemed to be different...sometimes good sometimes bad.
had a great battle with c3b and i think we were fighting for 8th at one time.c3b pulled away from me and i then concentrated and getting a top 10 finish only to be beaten on the last lap by DTM....11th..??
Overall i wasn't too disappointed and i had no respawns, which is one thing i think will spoil our GP's,for me if you crash out you should be finished... Mad
ps....its great to be teamed up with Shadowfax and Damadman.... Cool
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Race
Went pretty well, kept looking at the sectors even though I knew it still wouldn't show up the top 4 or something. So had no idea who was behind me and how far. So, then I had one crash in lap 23 or something and suddenly I see Swat passing me. Pissed Razz

Second Race
Horrible Razz Had to respawn early on, putting me in 18th. Then 2 laps later again, putting me in 18th once again, and there I see Dantski in front of me o.O anyway, I started driving consistantly, overtaking people and stuff, eventually coming in 3rd Smile wp to Dodgy and HotSwat, cause even if the race was 100 laps... I wasn't coming any closer ^^

Gratz Swat with the double Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swat won both? good lad Very Happy
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race
Flawless*

2nd race
Flawless*

*By my standards
-slowth-

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THUG brixton inmate wrote:
bad start 14th wife started banging on at me

Made me laugh.All other problems like late starts,pressure to do well for team,tough competition,crashing pc's etc are nothing compared to the nightmare of the 'wife banging on at you'.When that happens,it's game over. Razz
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1,
loved it, was loads a fun, found a bit of rhythm, crashed on last few laps tho,
Quote:
Dan dont you ever shut up...!!!!!
,, no, sorry

Race 2,
Got quite hypnotised by the track, till a retard started typing n interupted my flow, then i got all baffled by the positions and fell off, nicked 10th off tyke (sorry) by .03, (or summat)
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1: fantastic track. first 5 or 6 laps saw me and moldo neck and neck.
moldo pulls ahead after a while and i try to pick up the pace. this was when i smacked into the chicane.... (my only mistake of the game i'm glad to say)... and i fell behind to just beside dantski and c3b.
i busted my arse tryin to get past those 2, and was in 2nd place by about the 20th lap, but i was still about 8 seconds behind moldo. 23rd lap...well...read moldo's post.. Razz
i might not be so lucky next week hehe

race 2: I owe this win to jumping into the chicane. (u know the one)
for some reason, i got it every lap Razz
dodgy was catching up a lot before the end, but just managed to stay ahead.

good games all Smile thx to mad for hosting Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race: i did ok, for me, and was actually in the top 10 for about the first 10 laps. i then realised i'd left my pizza in the oven and started worrying about it (good excuse?). so i then fell back to about 18th or 19th. caught up with a few people to about 15th, hit the chicane on about lap 20 and ended up somewhere around 15th-19th.

2nd race: never did any good on this, stayed around 20th until the last few lapswhich i then managed to get up to about 13th somehow. finished somewhere around the 14th place.

so overall i think i did well... for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: