Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you happy with forever?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Are you happy with forever? Reply with quote

Well...

...are you?
I'm not sure yet.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Forever, but i'm not happy with my computer. not at all.
da dude 24

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's better with all the new pieces but it's very glitchy =[
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im okay i guess

Steve

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why change something that was working perfectly well in the first place?

Problems: Its glitchy. It crashes to desktop only at the most annoying times. Dirt just sucks, and is terribly inconsistent. The lighting and graphics look good, but its incredibly annoying... much like Vista then. The extra stadium pieces are useless, and rubbish for racing on. And now people are making rubbish tracks with these rubbish pieces. There are no times of people behind you, but there are times for people infront of you! I congratulate nadeo on fixing only half the timing problem from United. Well done. Mad

So basically, its a no from me. Sad
Racer_X

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say I'm still undecided on forever just yet.
I'm still trying to configure around the many problematic glitches there seem to be.
And on a personal note... THE DIRT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool
Steve

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has opinions, and everyone is entitled to post their opinions... but your just wrong Laughing Laughing

Only joking Razz In the second GP tonight, i was in the middle of the track, and about to go over one of the dirt jumps... and somehow it launches me into the side, and my car turtles. Which ended my GP through no fault of my own... which is frustrating.
-slowth-

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its got novelty value at the moment,its fun racing new tracks and its pretty but my pc is struggling to cope.Crashes to desktop,often starts me 5-15 secs late in races and other racers times and positions missing is a silly and unnessasary loss.

Biggest disappointment of all is the GP's now.The highlight of a gaming week.There was a huge amount of tension and concentration needed during the race,playing TMN.It was all or nothing,**** or bust,glory or the grave.Now it's just a cartoon race with TMF in comparison.Any fool can get round now with the checkpoint respawning.Still fun but not nearly as exciting.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the landing on dirt from jumps is abit bizzare. I actually find its becoming more time efficent on dirt to not accelerate loads especially near areas where you jump. because the jump itself sometimes ends up sending you bit squiref by time you land ur all over the place. if going slow less time spent in air more time in ground.

as for the second track today.

the dip before the jump is awful. if you didnt get the dip exactly right it caused you to get the jump wrong.
but people who seemed to go full at that section ended up being slower in the bends, but where i was taking the jump slower i would catch them up just as they land and be faster going round the bend. believe i was abit faster coming out too.

the tarmac slows me down lol.

-------------------
the lighting in places is awful, some of the tracks...are way to dark in places. onm one track i cant actually see anything? maybe ive got a setting wrong or something O.o

DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPepper wrote:
I am with Forever, but i'm not happy with my computer. not at all.

Same as me then Pep.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to say that after upgrading united
to united forever that IT works a little better
than nations forever does for me. Go figure.
tyke65

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-slowth- wrote:

Biggest disappointment of all is the GP's now.The highlight of a gaming week.There was a huge amount of tension and concentration needed during the race,playing TMN.It was all or nothing,**** or bust,glory or the grave.Now it's just a cartoon race with TMF in comparison.Any fool can get round now with the checkpoint respawning.Still fun but not nearly as exciting.

well said and my thoughts exactly.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion Razz

Steve wrote:
Why change something that was working perfectly well in the first place?

Problems: Its glitchy. It crashes to desktop only at the most annoying times. Dirt just sucks, and is terribly inconsistent. The lighting and graphics look good, but its incredibly annoying... much like Vista then. The extra stadium pieces are useless, and rubbish for racing on. And now people are making rubbish tracks with these rubbish pieces. There are no times of people behind you, but there are times for people infront of you! I congratulate nadeo on fixing only half the timing problem from United. Well done. Mad

So basically, its a no from me. Sad

Yesterday, 2nd race, got 5 dirtbugs in the first 4 laps o.O randomness kills speed

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of.

I hate the dirt, and i easily prefer the tarmac racing. One thing I've noticed about the mad laps server recently is there are more tracks with less dirt been made (a lot of dans) which is great. But for the tarmac I just go to classics/RS for that, so problem solved.

Running wise, it crashed to desktop a few times yesterday (but thats the first time its ever done it), so graphics arn't really a problem. I only ever get late starts nowadays on a track called 'moon roofs II'. I just keep my graphics on the lowest and the resolution on the lowest and I'm fine.

But still, I would probably have been happier if forever never came out in the first place, as I think the classic tracks are still much more fun Exclamation
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't restrict landing woes to dirt ... I find that landing on any surface is a hit and miss affair. It really can send you off at the strangest angles, even if you're a couple of minutes off centre.

A big difference I've found that really isn't positive is that when you do a long jump, your nose never come down. You used to be able to time your brake mid-jump so that when you defied physics and froze your pitch you could land more or less on four wheels no matter what direction the slope is.

I don't mind the new pieces; they add diversity and when used well they can be great. The grip on all the old pieces is redically different from TMN - rooftops are very slippy now - but it just need learning.

Finally, and this seems to be affecting mainly me ... the game does freeze sometimes for about 5 seconds, but of course in cyberspace it hasn't frozen and when I thaw out I'm smacked into a wall or on the grass.

I suppose, with all these random elements in place, being able to regenerate in a 25-lap GP might make it a bit fairer. Not that I needed to yesterday :p
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slowth said:

Quote:
Any fool can get round now with the checkpoint respawning

Hehe, i can can`t I

Steve said:
Quote:
Everyone has opinions, and everyone is entitled to post their opinions

Quote:
Problems: Its glitchy. It crashes to desktop only at the most annoying times. Dirt just sucks, and is terribly inconsistent. The lighting and graphics look good, but its incredibly annoying... much like Vista then. The extra stadium pieces are useless, and rubbish for racing on. And now people are making rubbish tracks with these rubbish pieces. There are no times of people behind you, but there are times for people infront of you! I congratulate nadeo on fixing only half the timing problem from United. Well done.

Cheers steve, from us that put the effort in to try and keep you entertain with our inventiveness, we salute you, as i keep saying to people, MAKE SOME TRACKS, you know what u like, share the `love` man

P.S, i like it, the grip of the cars is excellent, and the weight of them too, i often go back to TMN and find myself eating loads of walls, just outta losing grip, feels fresh too, all new fancy lighting is a pain tho, blinds you on some hills and u`ve got no visor to pull down like in real car, also, when (if) the bugs get ironed out it`ll be much better.
But nadeo may have to work through 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.00 lines of code again, the bugs will prob stay till 2010.
Steve

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have...

But 1 person, thanks mad, has replied, and that was posted when TMX was working. I dont mind if people say 'Its rubbish, dont make anymore tracks like that'. At least i know if its any good and maybe make some improvements, or complete trash and delete it.

I dont know where its gone, perhaps people just dont have enough time anymore... but everyone used to comment on other peoples tracks. Just in my track threads for Hyssop, and Pace is the trick, loads of people replied with ideas for improvements, which bits didnt work etc... And other tracks like Drift draft almost became a community track, not just the authors... although, Swat still gets the credit for it Razz

Im going off topic... sorry. Embarassed
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the problem with your tracks steve is, they're too hard.
but they're bloody brilliant.
if u put yourself in the shoes of a n00b, u wud find yourself making some fantastic tracks
(my threads are made to go off-topic Razz )
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you make a track, you know there will always be people that dislike it. You can't make a track that pleases everyone

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first hated the new grip and weight of the car but I`m starting to like that more and more. I get alot of late starts and that is a bit irritating but not the end of the world. I also don`t like the respawning and luckily I didn`t have to use it yesterday during the GP`s. The new timing system really sucks, as you can only see who is infront of you. if/when Nadeo decides to fix the bugs and hopefully the timing then I will be quite satisfied with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: