Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you ever get bored?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Do you ever get bored? Reply with quote

I'm just wondering.

I find I'm not enjoying the game as much as I used to, even with Forever coming out in a couple of days. I get really frustrated when I crash and sometimes just stop (not all the time). I used to be able to spend an entire sunday afternoon on the game (about 6-7 hours, which is quite sad), but now I can barely manage an hour and a half.

Uh, I dunno. I keep thinking whether I should just not go on the servers as much (as I am on alot), but that way I'm scared that I may lose interest altogether. I seem to do that with video games, keep interest for about a couple of months then move on to the next one.

Hm, see how the next evening of racing goes..
da dude 24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do sometimes. i get really annoyed because i suck so bad i just give up...

if you get really bored and find yourself not going on for whole weekends or something, then take a break. that's what i did... twice!
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone gets bored sometimes Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a little sabatical on some french servers... just fancied a fresh challenge. without the challenge it can get boring pretty quickly.As you seem to have speeded up pretty quickly you'll find that when theres 5 or 6 equal racers on its awesome, but if you go on and beat everybody by 20 secs or so its no fun.

Im really looking forward to forever, a new challenge.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2 years, i've been bored a few times, it's normal.
I play another game or i do something else, and 2 or 3 months later, i'm back... stronger, faster, ... Mr. Green
panza

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know wot u mean

ive not really played the game atall since gp finished and im finding i will probably only start again when gp is getting close

not that i dislike the game but a break will just make me more wanting to play it again once started

see you guys soon
JawZ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it when i get bored of all games, that has been happeneing quite bit of late due to no job and too much time.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel Razz Its gets to a point where only about 10 people can keep up with you if you race properly... then when they arent online, its only the records and the chat that kept me from going insane.

As Dodgy says, when 5 people of about the same speed are online... it gets seriously competitive, and great fun, but its quite rare. Embarassed

Just take a break if its gets really boring. I have for about the last month. Might come back for a few races before tmn dies though Very Happy then i'll continue my break until after my exams.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
I have for about the last month. Might come back for a few races before tmn dies though

Reborn you mean ? Mr. Green
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple of things help the boredom......

1) vent... and friends.. voice chat adds an extra something and you can play other games etc with the same group of friends. We have the server up and running and while you won;t get on with everybody, there are plenty of channels to go find some space.

2) As already said, new challenges and being part of a community help. seeking out new servers and having an aim/challenge.

3) Have a break. Play for a bit, leave it for a bit. IT gets too heavy if your just playing one thing.
Dantski

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well most of [z] got bored with TM

for the first time in 5-7 months we had a bunch of the old guys playing today, we actually had 20 people back in the server which was great

so yeah, people get bored of TMN, just don't play it when you're bored of it or you'll start to dislike it
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, I know what you mean DG. I come on on an evening and if I see names that I have close racing with I get quite excited and enjoy myself. Say on a sunday afternoon when there's no competition in the server I usually hop over to Gentlemans world and race there, as its suprisingly quite fun even if you don't know what they're saying.

Forevers out tommorrow though, so thats good. I'll be sticking it on d/l overnight.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, drive different kind of tracks, hop from mad laps to a tech server to a speed server to a noob server etc Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As other people have said, just keep trying new servers and new tracks. It's not betraying Mad or anything (in fact you're freeing up slots on what is often a full server!!!!!), and if you're building tracks you'll get new ideas to bring to the Mad party. And of course, you'll get a bit used to the game and it can get a bit less interesting once the learning curve is almost horizontal. I'd definitely recommend having a break for a week or so. This is going to be a good week though, because everyone will be handicapped by the alterations in physics, landscapes and such like, so the playing field will be levelled.
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

retoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ste, thats just why i stopped playing. i lost the fun in the game and i just wanted to win every race and if i didnt i would get pissed off with myself, but even if i won i wouldnt be happy because i know i should have been faster and cleaner. might start getting back into it now but seems everything has moved over to forever which is too much like united. who is running it all now and are the gp's still running. am so confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should come back just to try it retoon. Its not all bad... the racing seems to be alot closer than it was on nations. The medium paced people from nations, (no offence to anyone) such as mid, jawz, pep etc... seemed to have got alot faster, and im some cases have overtaken me. Shocked

Makes it more fun for me though. I quite like not being so fast compared to everyone else as i actually get to race other people for the entire race instead of just the first lap. Wink

And please dont take it the wrong way, im trying not to sound big headed...
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no point in using a small font Steve, when you do I copy it into Word and it comes out normal size.

My TM playing is not ideal at present due to my PC's inability to start races on time, even on minimum graphics settings.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find tmnf cars easier to handle than tmn, but bboy still whoops major arse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: