Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with building new system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racer_X

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Help needed with building new system Reply with quote

I'm currently starting to get things underway on building a new pc. I want to stick with intel processor and nvidia graphics. due to a limited budget I can't go all out but any and all sugestions and/or points in the right direction would be most welcome.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmh i don't have a lot of experience in it but... i think i can suggest you to use an optical mouse. Embarassed
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if the budget allows it, get a G5, the new one. The old orange one doesnt have a forwards button whic this one does, and the new one looks better Cool

panza

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all go here

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

this is were i get everything from
a pc is only built once you know the uses you want from it
its not much use to you building a budget pc then wanting to play dx10 games like crysis cause it just aint going to happen

if you like give me your budget price then let me have a go for you i can usual design sum pretty awsome machines for a little money

also plz contemplate amd as there cpus at the moment are rock bottom prices
same as ddr2 memory at the moment is cheap as chips
the mouse mentioned above is the bees knees but you can also saves a quid or two by buying the mx518 which is still and adjustable dpi from 800-1600dpi

let me know i love this sort of crap

built me m8 a pc the other week for 450quid he can tap into nasa lol

and yes i now own nasa

cheers panza

Last edited by panza on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panza he's based in the states......... dont think the site will help too much though the specs might be useful.
MMMBat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racer X, do you want to buy on-line or goto a store to buy?
Racer_X

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been checking out prices and specs on tigerdirect . com but it makes things difficult to buy without a credit card. and as for the monitor, keyboard and mouse I've already got those covered. Just working on the hardest part of it. As for amd processors, I've burned out way too many of them to want another one. What I want to do is start with a good mobo and processor (something that will handle a dual core processor) and a good nvidia vid card ( can't afford an 8800 gtx or ultra just yet Crying or Very sad )
but it has to HAVE a wireless network card. Where my desk is and where the cable modem are don't quite reach. (About 24 ft.) Again any and all help is MOST welcome
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-DG834G-54Mbps-Wireless-Firewall/dp/B0000TZ8Z8/ref=sr_1_1/026-1207154-6473220?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1188942744&sr=8-1

Thats a very good wireless router. I use it for BF2 and tmn and normal browsing, like this and the only time it went slow(ish), was when i forgot to reboot it for nearly 1000 hours Shocked Shocked I use the WG111v2 adapter with it, and i have tried 2 other adapters with the router, but the WG111v2 is the best one i've used. Never tried a card with it Confused And it also has 4 ethernet cable slot things, so you could use a wire if you wanted to Wink or a printer.

Hope it helps Razz

Mad, have you somehow modified the text, so i can only put one space after a fullstop??? I usually put 2, but i cant on here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: