Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silly car skins,,, aaargh

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Silly car skins,,, aaargh Reply with quote

I`ve d/l a car, painted it, made a loc file, uploaded it to fileden and it won`t work, tried another online storage site, no joy, this keeps happening again and again, i`ve only got a car with no wheels ( veyron)

Also, can u delete all the nations skins u don`t want, i only want uk skin
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to leave the Nations skins there. I'd certainly advise it.

As for the hosting thing, I believe you have to use direct file hosting or something like that. Over to Mad and Gord...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Silly car skins,,, aaargh Reply with quote

DanTheMan wrote:
Also, can u delete all the nations skins u don`t want, i only want uk skin

You can delete any & all the Nations, they're in the same TMN\GameData\Skins\Vehicles\StadiumCar folder, but there's nothing to be gained by doing so, except recovering 300 - 500+k of Hard Drive space per country.

Removing any/all of the Country skins, will immediately force the game to use the default "sliver/grey" Stadium car & skin. But that uses as much graphics RAM for textures as any of the Country cars.

If you have a low end PC with wheezing graphics there may be better things to do. Go to the car folder above using Winblows Exploder, hold the CTRL key down, and mouse click on all the official country skins. Now :

1. Right Click on the highlighted block of cars
2. Choose "Properties" from the bottom of the pop up list
3. In the Properties window's "General" tab, at the bottom untick (uncheck for USA!) the "Read Only" box
4. Apply
5. Ok

Now in the painter, choose each country one at a time, go into the TM painter, and SAVE (nothing more is required...just save). What this does is halves the resolution of the 2D skin from 1024x1024 down to 512x1024. When you've done all that go back to #1 in the list, but this time put a tick (check) in the box, to return all the cars to "Read Only" status.

This means car textures now take up half the amount of graphics and system RAM as before (and you've lost all those high resolution skin textures!) which may help your PC out no end. Other tricks like replacing the default stadium car (a very polygon heavy beast of a thing!), or replacing even more textures with low res equivalents get progressively more and more tricky to accomplish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: