Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F1 grouches need not read. (or Michael Grade.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: F1 grouches need not read. (or Michael Grade.) Reply with quote

So ITV have finally lost the F1 gig. Yippee!! No more ad breaks!! (When will I take a leak now?) I have lost count of the number of times some vital overtake has been missed or a front-runner's engine has exploded because I've been watching ads for stringy cheezy wands, the new Audi or (most infuriatingly) that in a few weeks I could go to Oulton Park and watch some racing. YES. THAT WOULD BE NICE. WATCHING A RACE. Then it's the 20 second ITV intro and we're back with the commentators saying "oh, this just happened" and we watch a replay then spend the next 15 minutes following a safety car procession ... F1 cars are 200mph adverts. F1 tracks are bordered by adverts. F1 end-of-race press conferences feature three overpaid versions of the "golf sale" guy talking nonsense. We don't need more advertising!

And as for last week's informal sofa chat between Hamilton and Kovalainen ... was I the only one cringing while I nibbled on my stringy cheezy wand?
-slowth-

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: F1 grouches need not read. (or Michael Grade.) Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:

And as for last week's informal sofa chat between Hamilton and Kovalainen ... was I the only one cringing while I nibbled on my stringy cheezy wand?

I had a little snigger to that too.They looked like a couple of primary school children making friends after being put in the same class for year 2. (Alonso was expelled for bullying in year 1)
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I was lucky with that informal chat thingy - I was half asleep and had coffee making/breakfast preparing to distract me Wink

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the removal of James Allen from the entire proceedings (assuming the bbc don't do what itv did and take the commentators too). I just can't stand his useless drivel

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

tyke65

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the downside i will miss Martin Brundles excellent grid walk chats...or lack of chatting sometimes, thats assuming he doesn't move over to the beeb.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol funny read as always Buns Smile , it's all good innit? Fleetwood Mac are the biggest winners of course lol

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
lol funny read as always Buns Smile , it's all good innit? Fleetwood Mac are the biggest winners of course lol

I've heard that the Mac have lost out to Timbaland for the new F1 them tune.

It's still the chain but everyone few notes a fat rich guy called Timbaland says either

Eh
Oh
Bo
Day
Tay

Then charges Mick Fleetwood half a million dollars for working magic on a tune that didn't need it.

Go timbaland you chubby hack Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again, I can still hear you saying you must never break the chain"...goes all quiet, acoustic bit...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brundle will likely switch, Louise Goodman too maybe.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brundle is my fave motoring journalist, he really gets stuck in with amazing economy, just short of rudeness. Now if they can just lure Suzie Perry away from bikes ... Very Happy

Skin by Baino
Gording

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
Brundle is my fave motoring journalist, he really gets stuck in with amazing economy, just short of rudeness. Now if they can just lure Suzie Perry away from bikes ... Very Happy

Brundle-fly used to be good, but now he's stymied by teams who won't speak to him, or by Bernie Ate-a-stone, who always introduces him to some inbred blue blood, or political brown nosed ego tripper.

But Suzi Perry...heavens forbid, NOOOOOO!

The pinnacle of UK TV presenters (the rest of the women are in the line somewhere behind Mutley on the watchability scale, and none of the men are a patch on Dick Dastardly either!) is perfect just where she is : in the world of motorcycles where racers can have personalities, bother to talk, AND actually overtake each other too! Thems be skills thems be.

The ever clever, lovely, funny, and purely delish Suzi is at her best on channel 5's : The Gadget Show....starting very soon too. Shocked

http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.jsp?lnk=461&featureid=19&description=Suzi%20Perry&section=presenters
http://www.suziperry.com/
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to agree with you there Gord, the motoGP and gadget show is where Suzi can really shine, but it wouldn't surprise me if the beeb at least tried to get her to do the f1

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

MyBoozyHell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the rumour I've heard is that the beeb have got Richard Hamond to host the show rather than Steve Ryder moving back....
panza

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ive heard the same but its not sorted yet

richard hammond is there choice but will he go as he says hes not an f1 buff

defo murray walker is my choice on commentary thou with brundle on grid walkabout

studio should be suzi perry naked with hammond and clarkson but them two in clothes please
MyBoozyHell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panza wrote:
yeah ive heard the same but its not sorted yet

richard hammond is there choice but will he go as he says hes not an f1 buff

defo murray walker is my choice on commentary thou with brundle on grid walkabout

studio should be suzi perry naked with hammond and clarkson but them two in clothes please

Phew!!
Glad you added that last comment then panza!
I was starting to get really horrible thoughts of Clarkson (with that perm) and the hamster in their birthday suits wandering round the paddock....!! Shocked
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyBoozyHell wrote:
Clarkson (with that perm)

Are you talking about the one on his head?
MyBoozyHell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know of another one then that's fine with me.....
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad its going to BBC1 due to there being no adverts, and not really bothered about who presents it because I only watch the race (usually turn the TV on about 5 mins before race starts).

Currently I find myself watching the first 10 laps of a race then getting bored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: