Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warhawk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Warhawk Reply with quote

To be honest this is pushing the FPS name of this section of the forum a bit as it's not a FPS at all, so feel free to move it if you want Mid. It involves using aircraft, vehicles, mounted weapons and good old guns to wipe the floor with the opposing army. None of this takes place in the first person, but it's damn good fun. It's only on PS3, however.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds a tad like a game i play on pc occasionaly www.wulfram.com

hovercrafter/spaceship warfare.

but judging by this video its not like wulfram
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZuNijEbDc

Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a shot of it on the brother in laws PS3, not my usual kind of game but would play it again.

BTW is it true the 40GB PS3 won't play PS2 games at all?.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid so Spanky. Only the 60GB one had backwards compatibility...Sony were too tight-fisted to leave it in for us European gamers. I bet the Japanese get it in all versions.
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
I'm afraid so Spanky. Only the 60GB one had backwards compatibility...Sony were too tight-fisted to leave it in for us European gamers. I bet the Japanese get it in all versions.

Yeah typical little tojo gets and the rest of us pay over the odds for something that doesn't work as well.

Think I'll buy an x-box 360 but on the other hand with the death of HD DVD I'm probably stuck with a PS3 for gaming and hi-def DVD

Curses foiled again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a purist I wouldn't say I made the wrong decision getting a PS3 but I do think the XBOX 360 is better for general gaming. It's just got plenty of good ideas that leave me wondering why the PS3 doesn't have them. Like being able to listen to your own music in every game, for example.

Wait a second, we are talking about Sony after all. Stuff missing from the 40GB PS3 = two of the 60GB model's USB ports, 20GB of hard drive space (obvious I know), PS1/PS2 game backwards compatibility, Super Audio CD support and flash card readers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After tonight's events, perhaps I did make the wrong decision when I bought my PS3. I bought a 32" HDTV last night with a HDMI cable and when it eventually arrived (oh the horrors of City Link) connected the PS3, starting with the AV cable that comes with the console but connecting the HDMI ready to switch over.

So, I turned on the PS3 with the output settings on AV and the TV set to recieve that. No problems; it looks crap but it works fine. Hello, what's this? HD output device detected, would I like to use that? Sure would. I selected Yes and put the TV in HDMI mode. Nothing. Not a sausage. No picture, no sound.

This, after looking on the interweb, does not seem to be an unusual kind of problem. It's being experienced by players worldwide too. So yes, Sony hate Europe, but they also hate everywhere else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> FPS Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: