Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carried on from Cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Carried on from Cars Reply with quote

Original Thread

That was the original thread where this was started.

Anyway, theres more pieces and dirt and flat pieces but when racing it, it seems slower, the cars dont go as fast or arent as responsive. Thats probably just me, it might be the same but it feels different. And its almost impossible to slide the car now on stadium.

And im not saying its rubbish, just maybe a little worse, and i still like it Very Happy .
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practice only TMU and trust me, less than one week will be needed to love it Very Happy
You can already delete TMN from your computer Mr. Green
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, I was expecting Sid James, Charles Hawtrey, Kenneth Williams and Babs Windsor... Crying or Very sad

Steve, you pretty much sum up my opinion, which I think was expressed in the last forum. Without doubt, the stadium in TMU is brilliant, but the rest are pretty bad with the possible exception of Coast. I do think Nations is leaner and I know what you mean about responsiveness, especially online. It could be analogous with Internet Explorer/Firefox, or Windows/Linux, perhaps. I think Nations benefits from being a bit stripped down. I wouldn't say I was disappointed with United and I was happy to give Nadeo some money for all the fun they have given me, but I'd rather pay £20 for Nations than £30 for United ...
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the game is just a bringing together of all their old games with some modifications, I think some people were expecting too much Smile

I also think that nadeo are not interested in united. Maybe there just testing the new technology of manialinks and trying to improve their game engine but I think they have their focus on other games which I'm sure we'll hear about in due time. The reason I say this is because.....

1. They certainly wern't interested in the beta or fixing bugs in the beta which I think had nothing to do with testing and everything to do with hype.
2. It is so full of lazy and obvious bugs, months after it's release that it's obvious they are not giving it the time of day.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmh i think you could well be right Mad. That's true they look to do nothing to improve the game and fix the (several) bugs. The manialink page is freezed for months and they don't want to add the new ones, so it's always the same who are visited, i'm a little bit disgusted by this point.

But still. The game itself is great and, in my opinion, very far better than Nations which i consider like a little crap (but you all know that now Mr. Green )
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I agree with Pepper that United is far, far better than Nations. I also find that it looks better and runs much more smoothly online than Nations, even with my rubbish PC.

I can't say I've noticed any bugs and problems yet other than the way you can't tell what position you're in in laps mode other than clicking on 'Sectors', but I do think Nadeo should give United a bit more of their attention. Personally I'm excited about the rumour of new environments coming at some point. Whatever you decide to do Nadeo, I'll take oversteer instead of understeer please...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: