Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP 23rd Feb...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: GP 23rd Feb... Reply with quote

Tracks are on and its going to be a doozy of a race.

The first track is a request and the second track is pure inspiration Smile
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve.. ..don't mess up this time please.
your qualifying times are so good
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, i spent about an half an hour late last night racing the tracks, and i still dont think thats as fast as i can go. Theres about an .5 of a sec to come off both tracks i think Razz

Edit: Lmao, your times arent to shabby either Insane Razz 19.22 on agadoo Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, when I had a go last night I had the 2nd record on each track, although I was a long way behidn steves times, so I doubt that I've stayed there Razz But it makes things look a bit better for Brabham this weekend anyways Wink

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

retoon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1:

Hit windows key when track intro was running and by the time i was back in everyone was moving and i still had the 3sec countdown going, crashed everylap for about 5 laps then i start speeding up untill on lap 12 i hit a corner and flew across the tracka nd over the side, and with no recovery point was game over.

race2:

Start well and was enjoying the race running in 3rd/4th untill i messed up just after the last checkpoint and hot when by, got racing again and was catching him untill i made another mistake when i was just behind hot and dan went by. then tried to catch and notices dan had gone missing and i was running in 5th but i then did what i did in the first race and went flying over the side on the last corners.

thanks to everyone and i may see you on the laps server sometime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did a retoon week 1 - and forgot about it totally

McInSanE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Race: Brabham: 1st and 2nd. AND A WIN.

Second Race: Bad start. didn't get a good flow until lap 8 or sth. was in 2nd 2-3secs behind moldo for a couple of laps but couldn't catch up. made too many mistakes and ended up 4th =(
but steve got 2nd so that's a 2nd and 4th for Brabham again.

nice nice nice Cool
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First ever team 1 2. Laughing Laughing Your never going to hear the end of this Razz

Great weekend for me, 2 2nd's and 2 qualifying points Very Happy Greatest weekend of both GP seasons for me Very Happy
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race was going BRILLIANTLY. I was 5th, with 4th in sight, and had a good pace going, with only 4 laps left.... but then I clipped the inside wall, which sent me into the checkpoint, and I ended up balanced on my side. I struggled with it for a minute or so, to no avail, and was just typing about my retirement, when it righted itself! I had lost 3-4 laps, and gone from 5th to 13th, but at least I managed to finish.

But had to leave before the 2nd race Sad

EDIT: for those of you who knew about the RFR race that I'm meant to be in right now... I fell off on lap 15 of 70, battling once again for 4th place :'( Stupid elevation changes Wink

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

[RFR]Steve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Picked up numerous positions from crashers, ended up 14th, not too bad Smile

Race 2: Was right at the very back, and going off once didn't help. Then between lap 15-20 I landed awkwardly at the jump, and turtled it Sad

[RFR]Tred wrote:
EDIT: for those of you who knew about the RFR race that I'm meant to be in right now... I fell off on lap 15 of 70, battling once again for 4th place :'( Stupid elevation changes Wink
Well the conditions were hardly ideal Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-slowth-

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My debut GP!

Thought i'd read on here that the GP's were 5pm so turned up only to find a couple of people practicing.Figured it must be 7pm instead so turned up then only to find a few more practicing.At 7.05pm i see Supergrinch say 'i'll be back in 25 mins'.Aha,race must be 7.30 then...turn up at 7.30 and (rather cleverly i think) actually ask someone what time the race is..

Ahem Embarassed

Back for 8pm

Race 1:A bag of nerves like i'm on my first date or something.Determined not to crash as wasn't sure of the restart rules Smile Had a steady,unspectacular run and finished 12th.

Race 2:Flew out of the blocks,concentrating real hard for 5 laps or so,thinking 'im doing alright here' only to hear Mad say 'are we ready then?'.I thought the warm up was the actual race...
Switched to autopilot and took no chances,bringing the Bentley home in 12th again
I cant describe the relief i felt at actually finishing my first 2 GP's.Im hooked!
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Great stuff Slowth. Time for another history lesson me thinks...

Back in the day.....

Nah, on my first GP, i got so nervous. Heart pounds a little bit, and sweaty fingers and palms, which doesnt help when using a keyboard. They were nice tracks for a 1st GP this week. I got Nemesis, which is a great track, and Scary GP!!! Evil choice for a debutant from mad Twisted Evil I lasted 3 laps Embarassed
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race - drove sh*t

2nd race - drove ok for a bit, then it all went to hell and I just got fed up and left.
Medi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First racing I was doing quite well, battling for position 8 or something I think versus Mad. Had to go afk halfway the race though and at the end I was 2 laps short of finishing because of that I think.

Second race I crashed the very first jump so I had to restart. Had a nice race catching up some people. Apologies for not reconnecting, I wasn't aware I had to do this. (I don't crash as often as you guys Razz )
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
First ever team 1 2. Laughing Laughing

Actually Steve, you want some history? Laughing
It's Brabhams first Wink but Penske was the first for a 1-2 with Dantski and me in race 4 season 1. Then came Maserati with Geezer and Retoon in race 11. And Bentley had it in the last race of the season with JGG and Swat. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhh. Stop ruining our fun Twisted Evil
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you type the first time? Laughing I saw an unread message by Steve, I go to the topic and the last post was from me. You deleted it! Razz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, hehe. Basically the same thing... Embarassed
c3b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry I couldn`t be there yesterday. It was all my own fault, The pre season party was to much fun and I ended upp drinking way too much Confused (The drinking way too much part was true) Wink
DodgyGeezer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a solid weekend for team jps, up 3 places in the constructor championship. Smile

1st race: churning around behind mcinsane and fell victim to "watching the chat" syndrome. lots my rythm for a couple of laps and steve was on me like a crocodile on a duck. we seem to have a couple of laps of synchronised crashes before steve got away from me. Played mr insane.

2nd race: terrible couple of laps around 3-4 put me about 15th, worked my way through to a respectable 6th

nice tracks and great close racing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: