Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season 2 GP 4
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Season 2 GP 4 Reply with quote

So, what happened? I've done five hours of boring work and want to know what the tracks were and what happened. Please.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracks were Short 'n' Sweet by Mark, and Pipe Smoke (i think) by Rustray.

And im not commenting on it, because i raced for four laps, spent the rest of the time minimised, so i dont know what happened.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race everything for me was going smoothly by my standards so i was hovering about 10thm then i hit a corner with 5 laps to go. causing me to have to go back abit to get some speed, i ended up dropping back abit, 12th i think i finished in end

2nd race, was more luck that i finished, think everyone who finished was lucky to finish by soundsa things.

that race a did a cartwheelm rode some barriers, flips, sumersaults, pratically everything apart from touch the grass ^_^

at one point i was 5th for few laps then alot of errors and i dropped back to 12th

retoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crashed out both races. likes the first one by mark but hated the second one and i dont think it should have been a gp track imo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race went pretty good

2nd race too Smile nearly fatal crashed at the 'cut' at the end, so decided to drive safely from then on, so Insane got closer but never close enough Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race, I had to pull back (together with Tred) to get that second jump so I was already half a lap behind within 2 laps. Then I crashed just after the booster and didn't finish Crying or Very sad .

Second race was a great race I think. Lots of risk-taking and Insane and I were fighting quite a bit of the race. After 10 laps or so I decided not to take the dangerous cut anymore as Dodgy was 2 checkpoints behind, but then Insane crashed and caught up with him again, so I decided to take the risky cut again till about lap 22 when Insane had won a second again.
To be honest, I don't understand why the second wasn't a good GP-track. You didn't actually have to take any risks if you didn't want to.
panza

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race1 got lost view in the pack and hit first jump wrong and ended up down the side of building but managed to get out and was well behind.then had quiet race picking of peeps one by one to come from last to 14th so was pleased

race 2 lol

well again had nightmare start as we all went down the hill i hit a pillar head on and was last yet again.then i put in some surprisingly quick laps and took the cut well and found myself on lap 12 in seventh.then i missed the cut to fall about 100ft to the bottom but landed on my wheels then ran till end and finished 9th i think

i didnt think the second gp was really that bad as medi says if you dont like the risks of it,dont take them.

big up again to the organisers and all who was involved

cheers again

by the way mad i think you asked me on vent how many would finish the secnd gp and i said 10 , i think i guessed it spot on didnt i lol
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think 12 finished panza

race 1 I ran just behind moldo for a bit then started crashing 1 corner again and again. I then dropped down off the platform right onto a barrier and flipped. After 5 or so secs I was able to right myself. I caught up with SWAT and race, after getting past them I just hoped Moldo would crash! Embarassed

race 2 was my 2nd first lap DNF. Went far too wide on the platform and smacked into the CP. It put me perfectly on the side of 2 wheels. I then restarted, crashed and got flipped pretty randomly. Sucked since the warmup went so smoothly for me.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very memorable Meeting this weekend, tracks superb and great company, guys Smile
Race1: a simple street circuit, harmless enough? Nope - Lap 23 got a bad landing and turtled out of 11th.
Race2: my start was delayed as I took a phonecall (soz for holding up the field for a coupla mins), played fast and loose with the cut and long jump, got a Finish yay! 12th i think.

Skin by Baino
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1 : rushed back from lunch so at the start of the race was short on pace, took ages to find some rythmn, spent ages just watching panza and then rat, Lap 8 -10 finally found some pace and the fightback arrived. Lap 12 or so heard rat saying that he had just been lapped over vent, i knew it would be my turn soon. Yet b4 moldo had caught up with me i already had overtaken mad and was racing with Rustray for 5th, caught the wall near the end and watched rustray fly past, got him on the last corner with a brilliant last couple of corners. 5th (1st 7 races this season 4th-6th)

Race 2 : Crashed after 2 laps Left and restarted. Heard that rat had returned so left and rejoined so that the times would be equal and began the hunt, lap 15 overtook rat, lap 16 crashed before 1st jump and had the land short and rejoin just before the 1st checkpoint, left me approx. 15 seconds down, got it down to 4 on the last lap before some celebration of last before the line, 12th ending my run of 4th to 6ths

Not sure if that should count ...

if it does i beat Tred's record with 11 finishes in a row

if it doesn't i equal Tred's record with 10 finishes in a row
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first race: crashed before second jump, went back a little and took it again (lapped by moldo by then) just like Tred and Medi i think
race was pretty boring. i was 18th but ppl dropped out and i got back to 12th. i then eventually found some other cars going the same way as i did and was able to overtake them until i reached 9th. last corner, i didn't break, hit the wall but reached the finish and stole a point from tyke. =D

second race: most dangerous race ever. i was about to flip once or twice but i don't think i should be complaining. the whole race, i just wanted moldo to flip but suddenly as i almost flipped myself medi overtook me and i was in third. we swapped positions cause one of us would lose 3-5secs. because of not getting a cut right. i finally stayed in second because medi didn't want to risk anything. moldo made a mistake or sth. in last lap and i gained 6-8seconds but i still was 5 seconds behind in the end.. ..GG
thx to mad 4 hosting
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
moldo made a mistake or sth. in last lap

I actually drove very slowly to the finish in the last few meters cause I was happy I made it Very Happy then when I saw you popping up on the checkpointstime I figured I should finish Razz

Quote:
Lap 12 or so heard rat saying that he had just been lapped over vent, i knew it would be my turn soon

Never realised you guys pay attention to that, I never see who I'm racing as I turn off the names

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just keep on pressing the ` button. Also use tab if I'm on a straigt part of the track.
panza

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see by voices report and the scoreboard that his points and finish are legitemate but i also was led to believe that if you restart after first lap due to crash you didnt get any points

can this rule be cleared up or am i missing something

dont want to be a grinch as i dont want anyone to lose points but i was just led to believe that was the rules

would just like to know as i often crashed after first lap but i usually retire as i thought that was the way to go
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will point out that i waited so that i waited a bit making me last

i also did what serveral racers have done before left... so that they didnt overtake anyone when they finished and so that they came last

although i dont mind if it's taken off me or points reduced down to 1 or whatever

let the mad one descide i say
panza

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree with wot your saying mate i would just like to know for my own sake in case this happens to me again thats all

just want to clear that up Very Happy Very Happy
retoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i crashed out of both races and didnt carry on. i have allways gone by if you crash or out no matter what lap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not real life, but if you crash an F1 car, you dont get to jump in a new one and start again.

I crashed 2nd lap both races. So your saying i could have restarted, then drive like a maniac, and maybe caught a few people up and get points for it...?
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retoon wrote:
i crashed out of both races and didnt carry on. i have allways gone by if you crash or out no matter what lap.

i normally do but i heard rat say over vent (USE IT AS IT HAS ADVANTAGES) he had just got there so i thought it could have been a good race, and it was
retoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still dont think its right. you crash out then you should get 0 points, goes for everyone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: