Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exam Results
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Exam Results Reply with quote

Anyone else get results today, or any others last week?

I got 5a*, 2a, 2b, c, d

But the best thing is.......NO MORE ENGLISH, EVER

(and D was basically an A/S level, not GCSE)
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, steve. No wonder you couldn't sleep last night. Cool

I got my exam results precisely 21 years ago. Just think, in 21 years you could end up like me!
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Steve, with those results you can go on to do pretty much any A levels, unless you're trying to get into a real top class establishment that requires 9000 A*'s... :p

When I finished my GCSE's (years ago now) I thought I wouldn't have to do English any more either... I ended up doing A level English lit and I ended up doing better in that than any of my other A levels Razz
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

I cant stand english. One of the worst things that happen in school was doing well in the Year 8 english exam. 3rd highest results in my year, so i was dumped in top set from then on. At the end of each year, i would hint that i wanted to move down, but they just look at the page with the results, see that one exam, and say 'I think your doing fine'. Hated it, I think i managed to get 1 piece of course work in on time for english, the teacher tried her best but i just couldnt be bothered. But still managed 2 b's.

Sorting out A/S levels tomorrow Laughing
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like you tred ... I performed very averagely in English Language at school, and actually got a U (unclassified) in Eng Lit. Now what am I doing? I'm a writer and copy editor! It's funny how life changes your opinions about things. I'm sure it's the way we taught.

I did actually get an A* in track design, and now I'm reduced to making circuits that are impossible to complete.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I was always good at english, I just didn't much like all the writing you had to do in it Razz My teachers were always getting annoyed with me becuse all my homework and coursework was completely half arsed Razz I always did well enough in the exams though to make up for it, so my results were always decent Razz Actually, my sociology GCSE is a good example - the coursework was worth about 40% in that, and I really hated sociology, so only ended up with a D for the coursework (which I did the night befre the deadline I might add Razz), but then I must've got over 90% in the final exam, as I finished with a B overall...
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're english and you can't stand it ? Question Question
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing , its not that.

Spending hours analyzing a few words on a page is beyond me. You read books for enjoyment, not to analyze every last word. Same with poems. I dont know why literature exists tbh.

And language, i know how to write in english, surprising i know but, i can. I dont know why i was made to write 1596832 pages of crap which the teacher then has to waste her life marking it.

note : (Im welsh) but i know what you mean
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, for me, United Kingdom is one big country. I know there is Welsh, Scotland, England and North Ireland (nothing more ?) but i don't know if English is the only official Language.

But yes, about the 1596832 pages of crap, i also know what you mean and, fortunately, it's far behind me too Very Happy
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

English GCSE was horrible. I can spell and I can proper grammar Wink

But English GCSE, i hated it wasn't really anything to do with the language. A more apt name would be "How to over-analyse everything". I never understood why every line in a poem needs 47 different meanings.

Well done Steve, better than me. I got really crap GCSEs My best grade was a B in maths. Everything else was C or below. Though I never tried at school.

I finished university 2 months ago with a first in software engineering although i never really tried much there either Razz
MARK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to problems i only did 6 GCSEs but I got 3A*s, 1A, 2Bs in GCSE and in AS i got 83/100 for C1 maths (A) and 77/100 for C2 maths (B). Im happy with that Very Happy

Off to 6th Form in September and will be studying Further Maths, Psychology, Geography and Philosophy & Ethics

Well done Steve with your results Very Happy
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fascinated by the idea of further maths. What number do they go up to now?
MARK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Quite sure what you mean but since ive done 2 modules this year, i will finish the normal maths A level next year (6 modules), and then in year 13 i will do further maths which is another 6 modules, so essentially 2 A levels. If i remember rightly there's Calculus 1-4, Decision maths 1-2, Statistics 1-4, Mechanics 1-5, and im not sure but i think in year 13 theres Further Pure maths 1-3 aswell Laughing
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@)

further maths goes up to 1712271627293004 and calculates pi down to 0.000000000000000000004 Smile

crickey I thought you would have known that bunsen Twisted Evil

I did an engineering degree at university and strangely the maths was the most enjoyable part. Some of it was pure bonkers though, like calculate the force on the hull of a yatch, 2m below the waterline in waves shaped like this at 20 knots with a fat bloke at the helm Smile thank goodness I need to do that anymore.
[RFR]Steve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I got a B and a C in Maths and Statistics respectively.

This year I got 2 C's in Science, 2 C's in English (I can study Law at sixth form next year Very Happy Very Happy ), C in Electronics, D's in Business Studies and German, E in RE and a U in Additional Maths ( Laughing ).

It's enough Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mad, I knew it went higher, obviously, but I didn't know the precise number. When I was at school they had only really discovered up to 1712271627292005, but there were rumblings that new, higher, numbers were on the cards. These suspicions have obviously proved correct. I bet it won't be long before they go higher, but surely the reserves of new numbers must be dwindling?
MARK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think theres actually a bigger number than that, its called infinity (∞), its a bloody big number Laughing
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see that I'm not the only one who hates the way English and English Literature's taught in schools. The whole over-analysis thing, the stupid amount of coursework and the way you're expected to write an essay in half an hour at the end of it all. Still, I can't complain too much; I got an A in both despite completely messing up the final exams.
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you've just finished GCSE, or A and A/S levels, so come on, spill the beans Wink Wink

I've just started college today, getting up at 7:30 in the morning truly sucks when your used to waking up whenever, usually after 11am Laughing
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that sounds familiar, except I start next Wednesday and I'll probably be getting up before 7.

GCSE results-yeah, I'm happy with them. 5 A*s, 3 As, and a Merit in GNVQ ICT (4 Bs).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: