Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NSR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: NSR Reply with quote

This is some French racing game that looks suspiciously like a TM clone. I don't really know any more than that, except that there's a demo and it's about the same size as Nations was to download, so I may just give it a go. It has a website; www.nitrostuntracing.com.
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks DC Exclamation

Skin by Baino
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget that TM is a clone of many older games and it should have been written much better.

Nitros looks good and very well drawn, it looks to run on low spec machines too and is also written by a bunch of amatuers.

Unfortunately the track selection is extremely limited and currently their are no plans for an editor which is the one thing that has kept TM alive and kicking.
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunts from early 90's is adorable. tm a clone of stunts?

DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunts eh? I'm sure there's an open source version in development called Ultimate Stunts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, i failed to get it to work few years ago.

bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The similarities with TM end with the fact that wheeled vehicles are used. Looking at the video, they are not ghosts. If this works it could be coolio. Might d/l ...
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded this in the middle of last night as I couldn't keep my curiosity at bay any longer. So, a short summary of my opinions on the game can be found below. This isn't neccessarily fair as this was the demo; one track, one car and all on a PC that contains a graphics card that I now realise was fantastically overpriced. It ran fairly smoothly in the demo's duel mode, but didn't look great.

Any good? S'Alright.
Worth downloading? Yeah, probably, if your PC's better than mine (that's probably not going to be a problem. Oh, hi Tred Smile )
Would you buy it? Nope, not at least until I have a new PC and all three stages are released with online modes.

I realise that many of you will want more detail, so here goes. The handling is an odd mix of arcade and simulation that leaves the car sliding nicely into a corner one second and spinning out after a few side to side twitches the next. The controls themselves are pretty normal and simple until you take to the air and realise that there's in-air control available too. It might just be the way I've set it up for my PS2 pad but there was too much to remember. Worst of all though, it's not much fun. It's like the fun police have come along and taken everything away as evidence.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol my thought too Smile

The handling is more realistic and the constant use of nitros annoying. The graphics draw well and it goes ok but you'd never play it for any length of time. There is also no trak editor and no plans on their site for adding new tracks... go figure. the full game only comes with THREE.

Now, if it had an editor and they removed the nitros..........

The handling and the car view actually reminded me of the old amiga stunt car game... bang bash whollop etc.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a topic on the TM forum about this too and the peeps there have already got to work on slagging off NSR without having played it. I copied my comments from here and a few people have since tried it and said it was rubbish.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has even been a "work in progress" 3D model on Carpark, but it hasn't been released and was aborded i think... It was in Copyright hard discussion context...

http://www.trackmania-carpark.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2982
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: