Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is Galahad and Galt?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MARK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Where is Galahad and Galt? Reply with quote

Just wondering where they are, was the move of forum because galahad has given up or just because we needed a new one? Just wondering as they were founding members of servalot
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The domain and hosting ran out and galahad had setup and paid for the servalot site. He was prepared to move it to a free hosting site but it was easier to host it here where the action is.

I havent seen galahad or galt on trackmania in six months either. They spend far too long in second life now.
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the servalot website died then? When i click on it, it still loads up for me Confused Is it a sort of offline page??
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sincerely hope they will come back to Trackmania in the future.
I guess at least Galahad knows where to find us ?
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The servalot website has finally died Sad Sad

In the short time i knew him, i dont think i made it to Galahad's christmas card list Laughing
da dude 24

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i never met either of them but they sound like nice people Smile
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure they are Wink
I don't know Galt as well as i know Galahad (even if i don't know him so well lol) but they are nice people and good racers.

That's too bad they have been taken by Second Life. Crying or Very sad
danimal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both created an incredibly inviting environment to race in. I know a lot of people liked to call it something like a "gentleman's gaming fraternity" without top-secret initiation rituals. If you behaved and didn't screw around you were welcome. It's fun to race on some of the legacy tracks like "Galt Arena" and "Oberland Speedway" every once in awhile.

Miss racing with them but hope they're having fun with whatever they're doing. I've never played Second Life but I wonder what kind of stuff the both of them are getting into........
Galahad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig up such an old post but..... I came across something that made me think about online racing, which made me think about Servalot so I googled it and found this thread as well as this.

http://www.realf1racing.com/media/newsletter/01-10-07.pdf

I had never seen that before, or this thread. On page 4 Bboy gives props to Servalot and the Servalot guys. Reading these really made me think back on some great times and how lucky I was to have had such great people and skilled gamers come together there and call it home for awhile. Racermark, mad, cj, bat, target, then friendships with some of the RFR crowd... way too many fantastic regulars to mention. I never imagined it would become as popular and competitive as it did. Most of the old school guys know that I didn't really get into the stunt tracks much and that's why I started Servalot in the first place. I did get into Second Life for awhile, spent a lot of time in there for months but got bored with it. I play shot online a good bit, still play some UT. I do mess with OSGrid a little, interesting goings on there.

I don't know that I ever said thanks to all of you. When I look back on all the gaming that I've done in my life, those are my favorite memories, even tho its not my fav gametype. Rfactor is what caught my attention over the weekend. I have no idea how I've never come across that game. It seems to have what I like in online racing so who knows... Maybe Servalot Online Racing will come out of retirement in the rFactor arena Smile The only downside I foresee.... I seriously doubt that it will do what Servalot Trackmania did in terms of bringing together such a great group of people because we were exceptional there, one of the best laps servers in the community! We were a Gentleman's Gaming Fraternity! Loners! Rebels! We don't need no stinking clan! Just good friends having fun and driving fast.

Cheers to you all Smile
evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the demo to rFactor with my steering wheel but wasn't overly impressed, i much prefer Live for Speed, nice tracks, good car physics, great racing and the feedback on my wheel is awesome
Galahad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback? Wheel? I am but a lowly noob with a gamepad Razz TM was the first racing game I ever played (and only) so this will be my first experience with a simulator. I'll tell you what sealed the deal for me, I was surfing around wondering if I should get it. I saw that a local course here, Mid Ohio is third on the hall of fame tracks, I found a youtube video of it and was very impressed. I've been around that track several times and as soon as I saw that, I logged onto newegg LOL! I can't wait to drive that course Smile Being able to run my own server is important to me and the server interface is very nice with a lot of nice variables to tweak. So we'll see, it should keep me entertained through the cold winter months Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: