Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter 07 Raceweek #...er Iceland GP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Winter 07 Raceweek #...er Iceland GP Reply with quote

This is it, the Season's climax (even if the result has been plain since way back), of our first GP Series - and what a great run we've all had, win or lose Very Happy
Iceland is the venue, courtesy of a stunning speed circuit by MMMBat, and a cruel, car-breaking sack of corners from our Host and Patron: DaMadman! Thanks, Tim , for all the great times and your enduring patience and dedication Cool
Challenge Server is open and loaded. So Gentlemen -

Start Your Engines!

Skin by Baino

Last edited by Middenrat on Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Mad, in anticipation of a couple of ragequits tonight ... thanks for all the hard work and dedication - it has been a fun season; quite a spectacle racing 20-odd cars over 25 laps. Thanks also to Moldo or doing the table, Dutchy and MMMBat for the screenshots and videos, all the trackmakers and all the racers for turning up week after week.
DodgyGeezer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been fun... and super competitive...

good work chaps
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done organisers etc

looks like a good battle between 4-7 possible 3rd if things go very baddly wrong for bboy

cant wait
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
possible 3rd if things go very baddly wrong for bboy

Let's hope so Twisted Evil

Nice tracks as always, good job all trackbuilders Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
possible 3rd if things go very baddly wrong for bboy

Could also be a battle for 2nd, provided I'm able to out score Moldo by 40 points... Now where'd I put my book of voodoo... Rolling Eyes
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate, but as Voices pointed out I need 12 points to stay ahead of you, meaning either one 4th or two 10th places. I could play it safe Wink
KCMG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note if anyone accidently cuts on mad's track .... it is possible if you get very lucky .... just wait until the people who you were battling with to catch back up, then im sure you'll be allowed to continue
[RFR]Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pre-race 2 photo of Team Penske:

Sorry if it's a bit on the large side Shocked

Now who do I see about my cheque.....? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race #1: I late start by a tiny smidge causing me to have 25 cars all in view, i then dive into the middle of them because i took the first corner quite well and then i simply cant see my car so i crash making me 5 seconds back by the end of the 1st lap.

Race #2: After about 2 minutes of practice, i got a bit bored, then i lasted 8 laps before i got extremely bored, and gave up. However, i did give up on the little experiment that i thought of mid-race.

Edit: Thanks Steve Laughing Also, thanks to mad for hosting, and all the admins for getting everyone ready with skins and organising everything, and thanks to everyone for beating me all too often Embarassed
Dantski

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep

Thanks to mad, mid moldo mmmbat (too many names starting with m!) CRJ and whoever else helped make this a success.

The biggest thanks goes to steve for making me and moldo look good. Go steve!
retoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1:

started well and took a hit on lap 2 fell back to around 7th and from there had a little race with tred and jonny. they both hit a few time and from there i raced a solo race apart from lapping the odd slower racer. on the last lap i start to see hot typing and i wasnt sure if he had finished already or crashed out. then i go by the next checkpoint and am in 3rd, dantski (i think) had also crashed out. well done dodgy for the win and ul everyone that dnf.

race 2:

tried the speed boost thing that i wasnt sure how to do. hit on first lap putting me back in 10th'ish. then tried to race as clean as could know that i would still keep my 4th overall position. i think i must of saw dantski pass me over 10 times and crash the same amount. saw alot of different racers pass me and also crash out of the race. finished in a safe 3rd. well done jonny for the win and again unlucky for everyone that crashed out.

thanks everyone that raced and special thanks to everyone that helped make this season work as well as it did. cant wait for next season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1

i just tried to get round, as i do with all Razz

race 2
i was 3rd till lap 3 when i made few errors
dropped back to 12th i think and then everyone started crashing so i started moving on up...Very Happy

think it was my best gp finish >_> 7th?

Dutchy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race #1

I had an attrocious start and found mysefl at the back of the pack at the end of the first lap. To top it off my position display was stuck on 14/20 so had no idea where I was. Was competing with two Bentleys and a JPS which I assume must have been Shad for a few laps before I eventually got into my flow and started making up places. Made a couple of places each lap quite consistently, but every time I felt a bit more confident and pushed a little more, the track would bite and throw me into the wall.

Eventually crossed the line in 13th which considering my problems in the first 10 laps, wasn't too bad.

Race #2

A much better race for me, as I started quite quick and was 10th for the first 5 laps roughly, fighting and swapping places with a Brabham and at one point I swore I was fighting with a Penske, but that could have been Steve messing with my mind. Top runners started to drop out and I also found about half a second a lap mid-race which helped me move up the order. I eventually finsihed 4th on my last GP which was a nice way to finish the season with my best ever result.

Just want to say thanks to Mad for hosting and MMMBat, CRJ and others who made the track. Also the rest of the guys for being comedy genius' and giving me no-end of quotes for the vids. "I'm in a hole"

Unfortunately, due to time constrictions and the misses, I will have to withdraw myself from next years sign-up and relinquish my seat at JPS. Hopefully if you'll elt me, I'll be able to race under the Bentley colours every now and again, but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks again guys it was awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two short races for me.

First race:
Was doing quite well, racing 2 or 3 sec behind Dodgy for quite a bit in place 3/4. Then I disconnected and when I came back Dodgy was leading I think. Could have been a great weekend for me but disconnects ftl.

Second race:
Started bad, crashed in lap two or three I think and couldn't race on. Not looked at the table yet but I take it Tred got 3 points?

Thanks for the hosting and all the other work the admins and other people have done Smile .
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PelicansDutchy wrote:
but that could have been Steve messing with my mind

It was probably me just before i gave up, it just wasn't my day. The Lotus actually looks really good, i had plenty of time looking at Bunsen's in the first race and yours in the second race.

PelicansDutchy wrote:
I will have to withdraw myself from next years sign-up

Thanks for competing, you've been a great sport and excellent job with the post-race video's. Good luck for next time in the Green Machine Very Happy
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race was better than I expected. I think I was actually 2nd for a moment. Bboy and Dant had a bad crash now and then, and me too of course. Laughing Nice job Dodgy, it seemed as if you were the only one just racing on.

Second race should have been better.. but then the corner before start finish killed me. In the end it didn't matter, and it was fun to see everyone crash (sorry Razz). Well done JGG and top4 Cool

Too bad to see you leave Dutchy. I'm actually not sure if I'll join in again myself as I got my final exams which I really have to study for, unlike the last couple of months Laughing

Oh, and [RFR] Steve, thanks for the team picture Cool payment will be done by Penske Steve Wink
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I claim the Quickest Turtle Trophy for Iceland: off the grid and around the ramp i clipped the barrier and hey presto!
So I had a crash like everyone, just early enough to do something about it Embarassed

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also thinking of going privateer next season, it's been a great season racing with Bboy and Panza but I don't know if I can guarantee that I'll be on every Saturday. The Green Missile is due to enter the paint shop again soon, so may well emerge with Bentley power eventually. Having said that, there are plenty of other drivers leaving their seats, so I might be able to fill a gap in a team.

Thanks must go to Mad, Bat, CJ and Mid for making it happen, Moldo for results, Dutchy for vids and everybody else for putting up with The Hut a week or two ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1:
Got a bit of a duff start about 11th or something, seemed to pop past everybody and spent 4 or 5 laps tailing bboy. Then bang i see his car bouncing up in the air.... happy days..

I just kept pounding in the laps, figured it must be tight behind me as people seemed to keep switching places and dropping time got to about 5 secs up at one stage.

I started relax a bit but hot swat really got going, i couldnt really respond i got stuck in a slower rhythm, think swat was trying a bit to hard to overtake me by the end.. as every time i saw his nose on my screen he crashed Smile

2nd GP Win - w00t

Race 2:

Same story at start, following bboy round, then he disapeared. I remember thinking "holy ****! i might actually get a double". Loads of checkpoints so it was difficult to see how far ahead i was but knew it was at least a couple of secs.

About lap 15 or so Dantski totally jinxed me saying it was gonna be a DG double. Needless to say next lap i touched the last fast corner, didnt have enough speed for the big jump and boom. flipped up and landed feet down on top of the first checkpoint.

Tried to roll off it nicely but just rolled of side of track instead. Was even more gutted when i saw i was about 12 seconds up. Managed to pip voices for 5th in championship though. Congrats to Johnny and anybody else who survived.

Thanks to everybody who ran the season. Awesome fun. Im ready for season 2. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: