Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bunsen alert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Screenshots and Videos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: bunsen alert Reply with quote

Mad beat you Smile To add a gaming link here though take a look at this Smile I used to love it... dear me was it that bad... It was kind of trackmania though in 16 colours Rolling Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy6VeQtunoY
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol good memories Very Happy I can remember have played this game with my cousin, several years ago.

This one too : few laps at Interlagos

But i can't find video from my very first Car game0. It was Formula one, but i don't remember well the name... maybe simply "Grand Prix"

EDIT: Oh i get it !!!

take a look at this

I was world champion at 5 years old Laughing

Last edited by Pepper on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first game i played was Fifa 97, and it took me about a week to learn how to score. When i did, i lobbed the contrller up in the air in celebration, forgot to catch it, and when it landed, it broke Crying or Very sad So i had to wait to get a new one Rolling Eyes Cant remeber my first racing game.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be showing my age here ... There was a game on the Spectrum called Chequered Flag ... It seemed so good at the time. Except you weren;t racing anyone. And your tyres were red.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

played them both pep.... but I had forgotten them Smile. and yes chequered flag too ouch.

saloon cars
outrun
etype
overdrive...

I don't any had more than 16 colours.

bring back bat and ball.
Dirk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a great game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wey5s5ceMxE

I played it an a amiga. I played also the other games.

The racing game that i played most of the time was Indianapolis 500 on a amiga. I think after 200 rounds i crashed alsways because a loss my concentration.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep used to play too.. it was very cool.... for its day Smile
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Amiga game looks pretty cool although I never had it. They have the physics pretty accurate, especially considering the limitations. Amiga was the platform where the Geoff Crammond F1 series started, and it was amazing having a whole GP season and being able to change wings and having pitstops and stuff. I wasted many an hour on that.
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started off with a Sega Megadrive, favourite games included F1 Championship ( Domark ), Lotus Turbo Challenge, Sonic the Hedgehog and the early Fifa 95/96 football series, I remember that if you commited a foul, the referee ran up to you to give you either a warning or a yellow or red card, I discovered ( by accident Laughing ) that if you kept your'e player moving he couldn't issue the warning, and had hour's Shocked of fun playing dodge the Ref !!!, he would follow you around the pitch " Benny Hill - end credits style " and the game didn't continue until you gave in, or he caught you !!!! l.m.a.o. Laughing

Next console was the Playstation so many cool games, the usual suspects were Gran Turismo 1, 2, Porsche Challenge, Toca Touring cars and the first ( Toca ) World Touring Cars game ( awesome track selection and vehicle choices ), and of course the excellent ISS pro 2 football series.

Never even considered a P.C. before then ( way too sad and GeekY !!! Shocked ) .........................

That was until I saw Grand Prix 2 on a brother in law's p.c., Wow !!! that was so cool, all the options etc, and the replays were awesome. So I got a machine ( Pentium 200, 64mb ram, 4gb HD, Matrox Mystique 4mb Graphics Card ) proper beast !!!! Laughing and played GP2 very happily. Then with the advent of accelerator cards Very Happy , I went out and purchased ( £ 85 omg !! ) an Orchid Righteous 3dfX card (4mb) and that was incredible, graphical p.c. heaven Laughing Toca, Need for Speed 2 S.E. , Pod ( Gold ), Sports Car GT and too many more to mention........

........................ to be continued Wink
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRJ 127 wrote:
Need for Speed 2 S.E.

each year, i re-install this game to spend some hours on it Very Happy

For the graphics it wasn't the best of this serie, but the gameplay, Oh My God ! Very Happy

And the bonus cars were awesome, especially the Tombstone and the FZR2000.

Oooooh so good memories Embarassed

Wasn't it 10 years ago ?
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey, the action replays on GP2 ... super cool. GP3 came out and I never bought it at first, then a few weeks later it went on sale at half price because there was so little demand for it. I got it and it was a quantum leap. Such a shame it wan't popular, but apparently it used software graphics too much and hardly used the card and it put people off. I loved the concept of the rain, and the fact that when it stopped a dry line would start to develop and you'd have to decide when to pit and change tyres, although rain was impossible to handle without analogue steering, brakes and throttle, and I used the keyboard Sad I think it was perhaps the lack of online multiplayer support that did for it. I still haven't found a PC online racing game where you race against cars and not ghosts (i.e. where you have to overtake), so TMN was my first online mano a mano experience.
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TMN was my first online mano a mano experience.

Same here !, Grand Prix 4 was very awesome and nice to look at, but again, never raced it online : (

Me, mad and Bat have Toca Racedriver 3, great selection of tracks and vehicles, etc, but when you come to race online it's a bit of a crashfest Evil or Very Mad , plus the ingame a.i. Suxx.............shame really.

You could find the Live for Speed Demo, thats quite a good one for racing and contact, I think I have the demo loaded somewhere ? Rfactor is also supposed to be very good, but out of the 2 LFS ran better on my system : )
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i must say the Live for Speed demo is really great for realism and close racing....

on the downside the full game seems to have a very limited track selection and thats the one thing that keeps TM going.... the simply thousands of tracks available and the ability to easily create one.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily easily ... lol Mr. Green
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is real easy to create a track Smile I didn't say it was easy to create a good one Twisted Evil
Aaron_LC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember playing a game at a friends house it was a game on a disc called atari collection it was a racing but i cant remember what it was called and it was just blue and green pixils
panza

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow here we go then

my first game was kevin keegan soccer which was two lines at edge of screen with a bouncing dot often called rebound was a full console for one game
then the spectrum came with manic miner chucky egg and all the rest but favourite was the original spy hunter

then i got a commodore plus4 which turned me to footie games like sensi

then came the console era first was sega but best was nintendo cause my favourite game of all time is mario karts and i have it on pc format

my true love are battlefield games ie bf2 or 2142 but this trackmania is a good distraction from them and like it alot

can anyone help me to get i think its called the dixy horn or the dukes of hazzard horn plz

cheers your ever beeping falling off alot panza
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a version of the dixie horn in one of the Desert skin zip files on TMO and TMU, but it's an 11 note version (if you're after the proper 12 note version, the 11th note from it is missing, or something like that). I rectified this with Audacity and I'll happily send it to you Panza if you supply an email addy, or alternatively you can wait until I sort out a free file hosting thing and put it on there (a few people on the main TM forum are waiting for me to tell them where to go to get my F1 engine sounds).

EDIT: try this. http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=385557
If anybody's looking for F1 engine sounds, PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the double post but I thought I'd put another post up to bring things up to date. I now have a new version of a dixie horn which sounds much more realistic. If anybody's interested PM me an email address to send it to and I'll send it asap.
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first racing games i ever had was pole position
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om84Zc4-KcQ
and grand prix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSjSqMy9Qc

although they were rented from our local video store Embarassed

i'm sure they looked better than that at the time Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Screenshots and Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: