Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chugging Along

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Chugging Along Reply with quote

My TMN game has been behaving a bit peculiar. Every 20secs or so its demands on the CPU increase by a factor of six or higher. This causes the framerate to drop to single figures, simulating network 'lag' - at least to the inexperienced. This diagnosis was easy to come by using the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del).
Once before this occurred, about 6months ago, and went back to normal without fuss or explanation after two or three days. I suspect the dead hand of Nadeo updating game files on the fly.
Next time you think you're in lag hell check it out closely Wink

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh it was with great trepidation that I clicked on this thread. You see "chugging along" where I come from means well lets just say its what a man does when alone with the latest copy of razzle or big babes monthly Shocked

Other than that I have experienced the same thing, processor going ten to the dozen when I'm not even playing the game. The rest of the time it's just my cheap swine of a graphics card coughing like a consumption riddled coke addict Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats similar wot i was getting yesterday

wasnt so bad on laps server but on rounds it was very bad

i noticed when i went side to side in my kart its response would drop and you feel like your playing in slow motion

i shouldnt keep getting this thou as i have a dual core and 8800 graphics and also 20 meg connection

when you fell off the track on rounds every1 was still flying and hesitating round

wierd
Dantski

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...I get this normally anyway as a result of an old computer that's been on it's last legs for about 3 years.

Every 30-45 mins the game will just freeze or lag to absolute death for 5-15 seconds.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
Umm...I get this normally anyway as a result of an old computer that's been on it's last legs for about 3 years.

Every 30-45 mins the game will just freeze or lag to absolute death for 5-15 seconds.

Yup, I get the exact same Smile If I've got the fps data on screen at the time it says it goes down to about 5-10, but to be honest I only ever get up to about 35 at the best of times anyways Razz

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Dantski

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get a 5 second headstart every race from now on Tred! Smile
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for months mine has been fine but suddenly its chugging like a good un too.

Its not every time.... which is even weirder. some days its perfect, others unracable.

not happy.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
We should get a 5 second headstart every race from now on Tred! Smile

I like that idea Very Happy So people with mega PC's will be handicapped... hmm, sounds like more and more people will start using older pc's Wink

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've gone nuclear on this mofo...i mean mobo Wink , format and reinstallWindows to try and reconcile a CPU irregularity which Gord made me aware of: Nadeo have recently optimised TMN for Dualcore Processors which might explain my unusually low tasking of that component - with an oldish motherboard self-upgraded to use an AMD 64 X2 3800 last year requiring a BIOS flash.
In the process i have found much newer drivers for my nforce 4 chipset and DEC '07 drivers for my GeForce7 GPUs. The performance hike is titanic, benching TMN on PC2 settings @256fps, up from 117fps which I was actually quite satisfied with Embarassed . I credit the CPU otimiser with most of this improvement.
The problem now is stabilising the bugger as it tends to crash like a playboy racer Evil or Very Mad

PS soz bout missing new posts for the last 48 hours, this is far too real Crying or Very sad

Skin by Baino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: