Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make/apply cutom stickers and colors to TMN cars.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaValle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: How to make/apply cutom stickers and colors to TMN cars. Reply with quote

How do you make and apply custom stickers and colors like the ones found in mad's car. I've tried to dowload paint.net, but it said it could not run without some frames pack thingy that microsoft won't let me download.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used photoshop but I believe that images can be placed in the TM folder somewhere... someone here will know and then pasted onto the car in the ingame paintshop. like the stripes and images already provided.

Photoshop is not a 5 minute package and requires a further plugin to edit dds files.
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOhhh, oohhh, pick me, pick me!!

If i was watch Shrek, i seem to be able to remember some of the lines from it because i've watched it so many times.

Anyways, i think you mean putting the stickers in to the in-game painter.

To do this you need some sort of photo editting thing, with a plugin (if required) you then need to make a sticker. It can be any size, its not restricted like the signs (the sticker can be resized in game, and rotated and stuff so the bigger you make it, the larger file it will be, but the better quality it will be when you resize it)). Then you need to save it as a .TGA file (or targa), not .dds.

Now that you have made the sticker, you need an icon so you know which sticker your selecting. So make an icon (i suggest making an icon that is the same as the sticker so you know exactly what it is) you get an image, and make the size 64X64. Then save this as a .dds file.

Put these 2 files in a normal folder, doesnrt have to be zipped, and copy it to this location on your hard drive - C > Program Files > Trackamania Nations ESWC > Game Data > Painter > Stickers.

It should then appear along with the rest of the default stickers in the in-game painter.

Hopefully, it will work. It did when i tried it last, and i think i remembered everything.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there you go, knew someone would have done it.....

For dds files someone else knows of a free download that lets you draw them... but I don't know what it's called Wink
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooohh ,oooh , pick me, pick meeee : )

I use a free program DDS Converter 2, that converts jpg's,bmp's etc into dds format. The graphic/picture would have to be either squared ie: 256x256, but can also be used with similar multiples ie 256x1024, 64x128, 512x1024, can't think what you call it.........lol, but someone on here will know Wink

So search Google etc for DDS Converter 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint.NET's spot on as a simple program for skins, I use it copying backwards and forwards from MS Paint as the latest version has inbuilt .dds support (previous ones needed a plugin). Not sure why MS won't let you install the .NET framework though...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: WAAAAA Reply with quote

I'm doomed... I did exactly what you guys said the first time... & it didn't work ! The icon appeared, and so did the sticker. But it was all messed up. I wish I could show you what I mean, but my game won't let me take any more screenshots ! arghh...not like it matters...I lost my TMS key so u can't see it anyways...mumble grumble...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: