Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter 07 Raceweek #4 Spain Meeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Winter 07 Raceweek #4 Spain Meeting Reply with quote

sry late posting this week's meeting is Spain backed with Modern Art. I'm sure they've got some of that over there. Scorchio!
gd luck evry1

Skin by Baino
retoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good tracks. just not my week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyed both races, nil points from 1st race, fell off after 22 laps Crying or Very sad , and scraped home 11th or something in second race............, hope i'm right in praising you JawZ, with 2 finish's well done team mate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoaaaaa, slow down everyone with the post race discussion!

Well I'll tell you about my race whether you want to read it or not is up to you. Shocked

First one (spain?) was a funny race (for me anyway). Steve made the best start and led for a few laps while I made my customary ultra cautious start and Bboy crashed or something. Eventually me and Bboy were pretty even and then Steve crashed big (and retired shortly after?).

I then buried my car in the wall at the jumpy left corner and gave Bboy a 5 second lead to play with. Up until around lap 23, the gap fluctuated between 4.5 to 9 seconds. Then he started making mistakes and I suddenly noticed I was only 3 secs behind with 2 laps to go. I figured he'd get his crashing sorted out and cruise home, so I was still more interested in playing safe so Voices (who was a constant pest 1-2 secs behind all race) wouldn't yoink 2nd off me. Then as I came under the finish to start the last lap I noticed a bright blue car going slowly. I thought it must be Panza or Cheese until I went through the next CP in 1st with Bboy 0.5 behind me. I then drove a pretty fast last lap to try and make sure even if he blitzed the end I'd still win, instead he took to the scenery again and ended up over 5 secs behind.

I spent quite a lot of the race trying to see where Moldo was, when he briefly appeared in 3rd I was thinking he'd get alongside me and we'd both start crashing but fortunately he didn't want to share Cool

2nd race was really weird for me. I again started cautiously and was somehow in the lead after 1.5 laps, then I buried my car in the barriers 3 times in the next 10 laps to ruin any hopes of a high finish. I spent the rest of the race picking off Nismo coloured cars and hoping that the front 2 would flip, Moldo nearly obliged me for the 2nd time this week but stumbled over the line. Had a nice little race with SWAT near the end too.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right with praise.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah that sucked Laughing

First race I ended up behind Dant somewhere halfway through the race. I tried to pick it up, but then I had a nearly fatal crash at the finishline. Thought I'd drive a bit more safe to make sure I finished, but that didn't go as planned. Darn finishline again Crying or Very sad

Second race was cool. Too bad Bboy won, I was going pretty much just as fast, but I crashed once or twice too often. Gap with Bboy stayed pretty much 5 seconds up till the end when I crashed, and Dant nearly taking my second place.

Guess I'll re-set my goals to podium. If Bboy and Dantski keep this up I'm pretty much chanceless for the win, but it was nice to lead for one week Laughing
Medi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, the first race was one of the best races this season. Was constantly fighting with Retoon, and up until some point with Dutchy and Tred as well I think. At some point I even got quite close to Dodgy but then I hit a wall again. Too bad I disconnected Sad, would probably have been 6th or 7th there I think?

Second game the first half was quite ok for me, but the second half was really bad. One lap I hit the wall twice going from 3rd to 6th at which position I finished.

Really nice games overall guys.
Dutchy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an awesome weekend. Was so much fun racing that I didnt care I came in 10th both times. Was just a shame Pep pulled out this week, but I respect his decision.

GP Spain
Was just insane started okay was about 8th and was chatting with the Nismo boys on Vent, such saying how I would like to finish this week after the awful performance last week. Was having a quiet race until lap 16 I think when I didn't gather enough speed for the jump and hit the barrier of the curved road below and turtled. Virus and Medi saying in my ear thats unlucky mate and me saying "'m sure I can right it" so I must have spent a good minute trying to right it which eventually I did. There is video evidence! Then it was a race for th finish, all I heard on the final few laps was who was out and who had flipped and I rose from 17th to 10th. Final lap came and there was only a minute left! Crossed the finish line with 20 secs remaining. Was well chuffed.

GP Modern Art
Finished 10th, and it really didn't compare to the GP before. But would like to say well done to Buns on his finish too.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey Dutchy, I was willing you home in Spain from my God-like position in the clouds. Nail-biting stuff - I had to start biting my wife's when mine were gnawed.

My Spanish experience was poor - I didn't quite have my right wheel on the ramp for the big jump, and made that slow barrel roll to oblivion. I always keep the throttle full on when that happens as about 70% of the time you'll have enough momentum to roll back onto the wheels ... this was one of the 30%

Modern Art I did actually finish, and was 6th after a good start. But twice I came off and had to get back on, which effectively means you have to do another lap each time to pick up the checkpoints. So I finished with less than a minute to go.

Two nice tracks as usual - well done MMM and Mad. Tracks without mods suddenly look bland.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:
My Spanish experience was poor - I didn't quite have my right wheel on the ramp for the big jump, and made that slow barrel roll to oblivion. I always keep the throttle full on when that happens as about 70% of the time you'll have enough momentum to roll back onto the wheels ... this was one of the 30%

Exactly the same as me Sad I was in 6th, after having clattered the sloped hairpin and dropping back from the battle for 4th and 5th, just got my wheel off the side of the ramp and that was it Sad Spent the rest of the race giving dodgy updates on where everyone was.

2nd race was always going to be nasty, I didn't enjoy that track at all. Started off okish, managing to keep upright, and found myself battling for 6th for a while. Then had a disasterous 5-6 laps, went from 6th to 10th, and was lapped by Bboy twice! Managed to pull it back together, and finished 9th (I think someone retired in front of me).
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im chuffed with how i raced in both races.
yeh yeh... i didnt finish in the 1st, but my race went like this.
crash...speed past a load of peeps...crash...speed past again...
and so on.
2nd race me nd Danski had a gd ol' duel for a lap or 2
and i got a sector record hehe
great fun guys, u'll be seeing me next week Wink

btw: second race i started off jumping around the track with lag, and i didnt get any practise in b4 it because it took 5 minutes to load the map, any1 else hav this problem?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the first race for me i made a bad start which i seem to do every race now, couldnt see what posistion i was in becuase it never changed from me being 10th untill i took 9th. i started to pull it together while always racing medi who kept over taking me then crashing then overtaking me, (you get what am saying). it was a good track but i never felt like i was safe therefore i was much slower than most of you out there.

Second race started out the same as the first, bad start and at one point i was on my roof but it slower tipped me back over (i was happy Very Happy). then for the rest of the race i was clean but still scared, i was making ground on poeple but then a car came from nowhere with the name BBOY above it and then he was gone out of my view 5 corners later. i think on lap 22 i crashed just after that strange jump whre you have to jump to the right alittle anyways i landed right into the edge and my car flipped over leaving me to watch the rest of the field take me. the races seemed to fly by and i hadnt looked at what lap i was on untill i crashed out.

well done Dodgy and Tred for getting the points for Maserati.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad my apologies Tyrell teammates, i DNF'd em both. I'll be getting my coat at the end of the series cert.

Skin by Baino
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep this short.

Spain; nice track, I benefitted from several crashes in front of me to take 8th, which I'm happy with.

ModernArt; I crashed on the first lap, decided to restart to drive for fun and crashed harder than before after about 11 laps. Gave up and watched cars swarming round for the next few mins from above.

As always I had a lonely GP as the faster guys vanished in front and the slower peeps were miles behind. Seems to happen every week. The last lap battle with whateverthey'recalled_88 was good though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: