Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter 07 Raceweek #3 Japan Meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Winter 07 Raceweek #3 Japan Meeting Reply with quote

This week's racing is from The Land of the Rising Sun, Japan. They really know how to make a grid interesting over there

so have fun and better not mention the war.

Second up is Jalapeno, which as you all know is a Mexican laxative, I'm wearing my rubber knickers for this one Idea

Skin by Baino

Last edited by Middenrat on Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there's a laxative effect guaranteed on the Jalapeno Circuit, we needed something a little less ordinary for the second GP ......... i'm just about to validate it and add some graphic's.
KCMG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA i have the record on jalapeno circuit.... and im rubbish at wallrides so 36.71 must be beatable
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to apologise to everybody, especially my team mates at Matra, on behalf of MEB or whatever they call themselves now for my absence from tonight's GPs. There was a power cut, which happened just a few minutes before Robin Hood was due to start.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooot, since i finished 12th and 4th, that means i get 17 points (4 + 13) for JPS Very Happy
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done all on this weekends GP's, Pep it's nice that you have opened your account, we all knew you would score big points sooner or later Very Happy , I started badly at Japan and had a fierce battle for 15th with Panza, gotta hold my hands up and say well deserved place Panza Wink

Second race I finished last ( 7th ) and I have never been so frightened in a GP race before, biggest congrats to my team mate JawZ, who crossed the line infront of me, well done mate , it was a war of attrition mate Wink

GG All and thx to Mad for hosting Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRJ 127 wrote:
Well done all on this weekends GP's, Pep it's nice that you have opened your account, we all knew you would score big points sooner or later Very Happy , I started badly at Japan and had a fierce battle for 15th with Panza, gotta hold my hands up and say well deserved place Panza Wink

Second race I finished last ( 7th ) and I have never been so frightened in a GP race before, biggest congrats to my team mate JawZ, who crossed the line infront of me, well done mate , it was a war of attrition mate Wink

GG All and thx to Mad for hosting Smile

makes up for the times u pipped me to the finish in the night before the event Razz
Dutchy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japanese Grand Prix
Loved the tracks this week, and was really looking forward to the race. The first race was going really, really until about 200 metres in when my computer decided to run a ViRuS scan and kicked me out the race. On my return I was three laps down without any vids taken yet. Then got booted again. Remind me to sort out the ViRuS scans on my computer.

Managed to start eventually down in 22nd where I stayed, was enjoyable watvhing you lot racing past me, and still managed to get some good film of the race.

Also if anyone did save their replay of the Japan race then feel free to send it to me at peterhollandphotography@gmail.com as the stuff I got is codswallop.

Jalapeno Grand Prix
A better start for me, resulted in me competing for the lead against Johnny Green Giant who I believe missed a jump and Retoon who as we know went on to win. My race was going well until lap 20 when I caught the top of the wall ride going over the jump, resulting in me crashing to the floor below. Was looking good for Lotus JPS tooo with Pep in such an awesome position.

Peppinho had a fantastic race from what I saw and fully deserved his first weekend. Just hope I can show the JPS boys I can drive next weekend.

So what have I learnt?
* Don't perform ViRuS scans mid-race
* Double back for a jump if in doubt
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race was really cool upfront with Bboy and Dantski and me fighting for first place. I guess we all had a few too many crashes, but I'm glad in the last lap I managed to get a second or two.

Second race was so funny. In the first or second lap already I wallbanged just before the jump, so had to go back. Obviously I was a lap behind (Dantski passed me Embarassed) But everyone in the lead just crashed.. Bunsen, JGG, Medi (yes, that wasn't a crash), Dantski, I'll probably forget some of you now.. Amazing how eventually I got 5th.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think i feel coming in at 6th...6th O_O

had to go back on myself to make the jump twice...

once on first lap, and once towards middle
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn power cut. Sounds like I missed some great racing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutchy, that virus thing has happened to me. I hate it. I sometimes get a "vulnerability check" which really annoys me because it takes about 5 seconds but ruins everything.

And Jawz, that happened to me Sad I was 2nd after about 8 laps when I hit the jump without enough speed. Luckily landed on my wheels and managed to have another go and was then back in 8th. Within about 9 laps I was back up to 5th and battling nicely, then cleared the jump but nicked the edge and landed on my roof. Shame cos Jalapeno was probably my best track so far this season.

Well done Dutchy and Pepper! Go JPS Lotus! Go!
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Bunsen, at the screenshot of Jalapeno I posted you can see yourself just ahead, with Midden saying great recovery Bunsen. Right after that I was having a nice battle with you, too bad you crashed.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first race was a bit dissapointing for me. Found myself in 4th at the halfway stage, going pretty well, then decided that I didn't want to be in front of my Maserati teammate and let him and 2 Nismo's past me....

Then, after a hurried dinner eaten between races (well ok, I got back 3 mins after the start of the 2nd race), I fell off on my first lap.... decided I didn't want to sit around waiting, so restarted, and had a totally clean race up until the time ran out with me on lap 23 of 25... again, not too happy with myself for that Razz

Very pleased to have finished a race in the championship though! Took me 5 races, but better late than never Wink
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice reports guys, and that was a seriously 'good recovery' Bunsen, i kicked MYSELF when you subsequently nerfed it Wink

Skin by Baino
panza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh crj127 was very intense race in first one last night

i myself got a bad start hitting the second bend inside wall which dropped me to back of race

i got back to 16th and seemed to be there forever

was racing with no on screen names last night as i find them obstructing my view even more

was a shame really as when i was lapped by the top 3 i dropped back to a second or so behind them so wasnt getting in there way

but i found i could lap with them which shows how hard it is to pull yourself back up the orders after a bad start

was intresting to see how many big names last night was running in these positions last night so that only gives me confidence

second race was a gutter got up to 7th and was catching like mad then clipped the wall and didnt make the jump

gutted

but thanks all again for some good racing guys its been great so far and cant wait for next weekend
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is so good about these races is that you really do have enough time to make up for a blunder near the start. It's reassuring to see someone in front getting a little closer every lap and keeps you going. On the first race I didn't see another soul for the last 6 or 7 laps - then it's about concentration.
Medi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race was really exciting. Think I was between 8 and 5 most of the race. At first it was it was Voices vs Tred for position 4 with Retoon closing in and me closing in on retoon. At some point I think we all 4 were like within 5 seconds of eachother.
At the end of the race I made a small error in trying to overtake Voices which Retoon used to overtake me. Retoon realizing that I am had a great race decided to give position 5 back to me by crashing Razz.

Second race was very funny. Whenever people like Moldo or Dantski crashed the Nismo channel cheered up xD . Sadly it came back to us as all 3 of us failed to finish Razz .

Were good and fun races. Nice tracks Smile .
Putsku

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well nothing to tell about first race since i crashed after half lap...

Missed the start on second one and started 9-10seconds late being 21st then started racing and came 2nd only 9secs after retoon. If I only started on right time :p
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh my worst weekend so far!

First time I didn't get both 'qualifying' points, just couldn't do the Japan first and middle sectors.

Then I deliberately drove a very cautious race on Japan and it was working with the much faster Moldo and BBoy crashing every 5-6 laps and putting me in contention. Unfortunately I crashed about 4 times in last 2-3 laps and lost 2nd.

I knew I had the 2nd race in the bag this week providing I finished. First 2 laps I didn't drive well and BBoy stayed with me, but then I got smoother and Bboy dropped back (and crashed soon after) and was cruising. After about 7 laps I had over a CP lead over Bunsen and then I did the worst thing possible, I started to think about really unimportant stuff. I then tapped the barrier on the corner after the wallride and thought about going back to make sure I had enough speed, but I somehow concluded that I was worrying too much and subsequently met my racing doom.

It was really annoying to crash 2nd race because I'd never crashed that way in all the practicing. I felt given the way I was going, there was a chance of lapping the field but it was not to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: