Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter 07 Raceweek #2 Hawaii Meeting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Winter 07 Raceweek #2 Hawaii Meeting Reply with quote

Aloha racers! Get your Mrs to put a grass skirt on and roast a pig, we're goin to Hawaii for Week2 Very Happy

Tracks are Hawaii and Honduras. Course designers are being held downtown. Book 'em, Danno Wink

Last edited by Middenrat on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catchup guide:
Twenty-one regular MadLap GP racers are organised into seven teams for a series of races. Those teams are Full! If any of the regulars pulls out of the series then we'll think about filling their seat.
Meanwhile, if you want to race but aren't in a regular team you can join the eighth team (Bentley) for as many or as few races as you like. You'll still score points in the Drver's Championship if you finish a race, it's still wide open (theoretically anyway).
Get a Bentley skin here http://www.shoreforums.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=251 or come as you are.
Have Fun Very Happy

Skin by Baino
panza

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many weekends does the race series run on for as i hope its quite a few

and if possible we could break it up like f1 by holding over a matter of months with sometimes 2 weeks inbetween races with just the old standard gp weekends inbetween to keep things going

just a thought
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each season is 8 weeks long. Two races every saturdays Wink
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no difference between these GP's and the others... only points are at stake if you want them Smile
tyke65

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if any slots/places become available count me in please....
i missed the sign up at the beginning Crying or Very sad ...was away on holiday....
Medi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can join in as member of team Bentley tyke.
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the race winners, and finishers Wink

Bad day for Team Brabham Crying or Very sad , didn't expect either track to be such huge talent/car breakers

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it right that if you finish 23 laps out of 25 and end up crashing outbut finish 11th overall that means no points due to only finishers score points because if thats so i dont agree

wot im trying to say is first race i crashed out early but second race i crashed out just b4 the finish then was told that means no points and only about 6 ppl finished

edit

i have now found out that this is true

i dont agree as ppl like myself make sacrifices in life just to turn up and make these series happen

i would now like to withdraw my place if you dont mind from the matra team and the race series as i am pretty god dam miffed about this rule

i was told this was to be true on the laps server by members and told a gp is about completing 25 laps

NO its not its about having fun and taking part

this is mad laps GBR not the FIA
ViRuS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woooow chill out. The problem with your rule is some people leave after they crash out or restart or whatever. Meaning alot more work to be done. Im sure your going to regret your decision in leaving the team.

ViRuS
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would you have the cutoff point panza? If people who crash and don't finish still got points, then someone who crashed before finishing could be given points. Or say you make the cutoff within 5 laps of the end - what if you then crash with 6 laps to go? You'd still be in exactly the same position as you are now, miffed at just missing out on the points.

I could potentially see someone being granted leniency if they failed to finish because the time ran out, but thats not what happened is it?

And I was in exactly the same position as you there panza, I crashed 5 laps from the end, and would've been 8th (I think it was anyways) at the end, but I don't expect to be given any points.
panza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wont reagret my decision as i say some people like steve or tom are experts at this game and expect to win but someone like myself feel like finishing 20 laps out of 25 on difficult tracks is an achivement in itself

i know its sounds petty and its only a game but the time and effort we put in to just have everything taken off us just doesnt seem right

so unfortunately i stand by my decision sorry MATRA ie bboy and cheese and all who are involved
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep on it Panza, think about it and post up tomorrow.

I raced poorly in both races, the second race I fell off after 5 laps and restarted, knowing that my result wouldn't count : ( , but continued to race anyway, I know you are feeling bitter about it now, the 2 tracks this week were quite extreme ( although me and Mad didn't realise at the time ), we aim to tone things down a little for the remainder of this series, hope you have a change of heart Wink

cya round CJ
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

echo that Chris, part of the 'charm' of this series is the knockdown principle, any head can roll and thereby give the Table a shuffle.
Sleep on it Panza, the season's only 1/4 way in and other ppl will have bad weeks: cert Wink

Skin by Baino
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of team brabham in second race had completed 49 cheackpoints of the 50...yeah sure im annoyed at myself, i know where the error in my ways was made. but thats life.
panza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i will sleep on it and i know your being very fair but i stick to what im saying

crashing out after 1 lap because you cant see the corners coming up due to 20 cars being in your sight is hard , then to restart straight away and pass 10 cars due to them dropping out for different reasons should be classed as an achivement

perhaps i should of read the rules before i entered but now i no

still i think that this series is probably one of the best things ive done online but just cant get this around my head

sorry
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things! Rolling Eyes

1. Yeah the tracks were a bit too extreme this week. I know I finished both races but was very lucky to do so and had multiple scares. This was despite easing off considerably during the races.

2. I think we need one volunteer every race to record anyone who starts after 10-15 seconds have elapsed. There's no excuse for crashing and restarting in a GP, as it has a good chance of messing with the results.

3. A cut-off in laps for people earning points or not, is kind of debatable. There's a good 2+ minutes for slower drivers to finish after 1st place and in a 25 lap race, a person needs to lose around 5 seconds EACH lap to not finish in time. To me thats plenty of time, but I appreciate I'm not someone who needs all the extra time I can get. If there is a cut-off for points counting I'd probably say 2-3 laps from end at most.

4. THe race's were much MUCH more fun than I anticipated this week.

I really despised the tracks in terms of time attack and laps, because there was simply too many uneven or big jumps. However the close racing in the first 2/3 of Honduras was great with the Penske's and BBoy swapping around. A real pity we all couldn't have kept it close til the end.
The second race wasn't quite as exciting as 3-4 of us took turns in leading and crashing (fortunately mine wasn't terminal). In the end I stumbled over the line with a fast finishing Moldo catching up.

Oh yeah, Penske r00lz!
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping that in the clear light of day that you ( Panza ) revoke your resignation Sad
, like you said this is one of the best online experiences/competitions you have been involved in, and it's the same for me too. There are so many different player's styles and capabilitys in this series, and at the outset we needed to set out some basic rules and regulations, which we have tried to keep MAD rather than FIA Razz. Maybe with this experience and popularity we may have to run 2 Series when the next one come's around, ( ie Premier Mad and Championship Mad race series ). We all want to do our bit, and I totally understand your viewpoint on this issue, but give it another look - Do you know how much the drives on this series are going for on E-Bay ????? loadsa Quids.......lol

Hopefully cya driving for Matra in the next GP, best wishes CJ Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

panza how you think i feel. i was leading the second race with dant and i crashed out about 8 laps to the end. that and coming off the track on the first race just messed up me season.

good job to, i think was top 5 racers in race one. and well done to dant and moldo in race two. i enjoyed it untill the crash
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about me... if we put together the 4 races we made until now, i even did not completed 10 laps.

First challenges, i retired in laps 4 and 1
Yesterday i retired in both second laps.

Someone has put a spell on me or i'm simply dying (gamely speaking)

All my sincere apologizes for JPS Lotus Team.

Actually, i think i just can't handle races with so many players. my computer or ma connection make me start too late and i've only something about 2 pictures per second on my screen, that's a real crap and impossible to play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: