Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

can't see others cars????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: can't see others cars???? Reply with quote

so as everybody becomes more involved we have more people with custom cars and avatars..... BUT why do so many fail?

all suggestions welcome.

I did hear about recent TM forum posts talking about nadeo server issues and I guess that could be the current cause. It really does seem random at the moment though and last night i was racing 8 white cars. another person joined and I got their car and avatar within 1 race. go figure.

I realise that local settings, and computer power can also effect this as car skins are a low priority to the game but come on it's POOR at best. or is it worse on mad laps?
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definately not worse on mad laps. I've noticed it particularly at the RFR GP's, where pretty much everyone is racing in an F1 car, yet the last GP half of those that normally showed up were just grey default cars, while the others were fine...

And then of course, I joined the normal RFR server afterwards and it was DIFFERENT skins that were missing, with some of the ones that I couldn't see before appearing...

Madness....
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be a local cache problem? Mice is currently sitting at 199 MB. Could there be a limit on its size (say, 200MB)? This is of course a stab in the dark typical of my approach to problem solving.
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next one to say " Can you see my Car " will be getting a " Stab in the Dark " Bunsen > Laughing , in fact, I think the phrase should go in the Twisted Evil swear filter Twisted Evil .

Then we'd get a spate of, " does my car look slightly different " , " my skin has changed, what do ya think " , " I'm trying this car out for a friend, what's your opinion ? " LOL Rolling Eyes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hosting my cars on my FTP and i use locators. I think everyone are seeing my car after a few races on the server, aren't you ?
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, unless someone is in front of you or you're on spectate mode, you just don't know if someone's car is showing, yet there are some who always ask if you can see it as though the first thing you do when you enter a server is click through everyone's name and check out their motors.

My advice to people testing out a skin is thus to start slowly, then overtake everyone and beep your horn as you pass them.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:
My advice to people testing out a skin is thus to start slowly, then overtake everyone and beep your horn as you pass them.

This is known as the Rustray Gambit Laughing

Skin by Baino
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
This is known as the Rustray Gambit Laughing

Smile There is an alternative version ... start very quickly but crash and let everyone else pass you. I think Steve is the undisputed master here. But at least everyone knows what colour his kart is that week ....
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, pep I think your right about loc files and hosted cars working better....

my car works well without being hosted, but I'm connected to the server.

The server has it's own cache and this doesn't seem to have a limit setting anywhere?????? though maybe it does ?????
I clear the server cache fairly often ( if I don't then the server takes forever to load up?? ) and I also clear my own cache which yes is limited to something not too large.

If anyone wants cars and avatars hosting and loc files, I think I can find some space, that isnt on the game server that might well help things. email me your car and I'll email you a loc file.. If I can find my long lost web space.

If that improves things then we're getting better.

All competition cars will also be hosted here too.... should make life easier.

Though I refuse to host bunsens hoover cus it sounds just awful Twisted Evil

interestingly I just cleared the server cache and it was exactly 200MB.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
Though I refuse to host bunsens hoover cus it sounds just awful Twisted Evil.

You're not the first person to comment on my "hoover". I really thought it was the most unoffensive sound imaginable, but for some reason it brings fury and disorientation to the surface of even the most mild-mannered racer. Now I'm defo keeping it. Anyway, it's a Moulinex blender, so there.

mad wrote:
interestingly I just cleared the server cache and it was exactly 200MB.

Hmmm. I wonder what everyone else's is. Surely that would explain it? If every time you download a new skin another one has to be deleted, there would necessarily be times when certain ones won't display (at least until they are downloaded again).
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been seeing too many silver cars, just checked my Cache and it's 199MB... nice one Sherlock Very Happy

so how do I empty that file?

Skin by Baino
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct bunsen. When a new file is downloaded to the cache, an older one is deleted once it reaches the limit. Much like the way Windows keeps system restore points. Smile

bunsenjetson wrote:
start very quickly but crash and let everyone else pass you. I think Steve is the undisputed master here

Without a doubt Crying or Very sad Sad

As for suggestions, i know you'll say it doesnt matter, but port forwarding seemed to work for me.

Make sure all the things on the configuration on the launcher are correct. (This is also where the size of the cache is set)
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
Make sure all the things on the configuration on the launcher are correct. (This is also where the size of the cache is set)

Respect! I've just checked the "peer to peer" section and lo and behold, it's 200MB. I reckon hoiking it up to ?whatever? would cure your cache problems. If you were that bothered, you could also go through the cache and manually delete some ...
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my cache to 999Mb Mr. Green
And he's 980Mb full Mr. Green
A kind of cleaning should be done...
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, pep ... it's a lot of space to store other people's cars, isn't it ...?
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is Mr. Green

But people deserve it Mr. Green

I wanna see every cars Twisted Evil
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how to increase the file size pls Pepper?
also how to empty pls

Skin by Baino
Steve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To increase the size of cache - Start the launcher, configure, advanced, peer to peer and then just type whatever size you want in the box which will probably say 200mb as thats the default.

Bunsen, i guess it depends on you hard drive. If you got space to burn, go for 1 or 2 gigs if you want to remember everyones cars and signs you ever visited. Laughing But the defualt is fine i guess.

Also, mid, to delete/clear the cache, go to my computer, program files, trckmania nations ewsc, game data, cache then crtl + a, and delete Wink
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signs ... Yes, I've noticed recently that signs don't load, even the default TMN ones. Now I think I know why. It's awful seeing those lime green rectangles everywhere.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
To increase the size of cache - Start the launcher, configure, advanced, peer to peer and then just type whatever size you want in the box which will probably say 200mb as thats the default

Also, mid, to delete/clear the cache, go to my computer, program files, trckmania nations ewsc, game data, cache then crtl + a, and delete Wink

thanks Steve, even if that second instruction sounds a leeltle bit like other helpful advice like 'Alt+F4 to go faster' lol... i guess the game creates a new folder called Cache next run?

Skin by Baino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: