Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trackmania 2020 out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Friday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Trackmania 2020 out! Reply with quote

Very Happy

Where are y'all? Who will play the new Trackmania?

Hello from Switzerland!
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually ran into Dantski in a race in TM2 the other day, so it seems like there's a chance there may still be at least SOME of us around every once in a while. That said I've downloaded the new TM but have yet to actually play it, intend to do so sometime soon(ish)
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well dtm me and andsome tried it....

it drives well and looks pretty.. but

All the things that made it work have been clipped again.
The starter access allows so little access that you can't even chat in game. That was vital to make the atmosphere. let alone join a custom server.

The new blocks are mostly awful. the ice is pathetic and the dirt is not as good as it used to be.

The stock tracks all obscure your view of future track. One of the reasons you could race fast on tracks you don't even know is vision.... the stock tracks with the new blocks mean you can rarely plan ahead unless you really know the track.

This is the fourth time they have asked for money for a game that really plays worse and the not subscription, subscription model is a joke.

not that I feel strongly about this Smile I dropped mad laps because people couldn't join... now its worse.
racermark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw there was a new Trackmania but haven't played it yet.

I joined Iracing and been practicing in the Mazda MX-5. Rookie races in ashphalt/dirt street stocks often were crazy wreckfests I let people go if they were faster. Purchased a late model Shocked
Dantski

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing somewhat consistently since it came out. Sabre's the only one from the server I've seen so far.

Its mostly been a disappointment so far, ice is a very difficult surface to drive and feels inconsistent. The lack of content + customization outside of paying for club membership is the big reason TMNF still has far more active players.

The new Cup of the Day is fun though and worth a try, probably limited to standard access and above though.
Galahad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up guys! How are you liking the iRacing Mark?
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
I've been playing somewhat consistently since it came out. Sabre's the only one from the server I've seen so far.

Its mostly been a disappointment so far, ice is a very difficult surface to drive and feels inconsistent. The lack of content + customization outside of paying for club membership is the big reason TMNF still has far more active players.

The new Cup of the Day is fun though and worth a try, probably limited to standard access and above though.

If TMNF is the one with far more active players then the new TM must honestly be D E A D. Every time I get an itch to play TM I boot up both TM2 and TMNF only to almost immediately close the games in disappointment, as there's never servers with more than 5-6 people in them. And the servers that DO have people are always those RPG/LoL tracks. Any form of TM laps community seems to be fully dead by this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: