Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nascar 2003
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galahad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Nascar 2003 Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm going to leave this server up. I know it won't get used as much as Servalot and Mad Laps used to but it's free and it's good! CJ and Racermark have both been on, I haven't caught up with CJ yet but Racer and I have enjoyed 2 races... the first one we qualified first and second, then he drifted into me and took me out in the second turn of the first lap! So last night after his victory he was showing off burning donuts so I T-boned him at about 150 mph Smile Kinda made me wonder if there's a demolition derby mod HA HA! Anyways.... it's there for anyone who wants to use it.

24.210.142.134:32766
racermark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was definitely my fault wrecking you in race one. I know now I can probably count on you to crash on your own so I don't need to provide any assistance Smile I didn't know a rookie was going to attempt to pass me on the outside in turn two. With the cockpit view, you can't see anything in your blind spots. I can't help it if I have understeer and can't keep my car low lol.

When you get your win, there might be some payback.

It looked like you were doing more racing under caution than green Smile
Galahad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh HA HA HA HA HA.... attempt to pass my butt, the rookie was going to blow by you on the outside! I think I need to crank up the ai a bit, they slow down too much in the turns. I'll get the hang sooner than later. And, I just spent about 15 minutes with a print screen and my own personal spring rate camber caster all around suspension expert Wink Did you save the replay? BOOOOM!!!! I think I giggled a bit when I "got you in the cross-hairs" Smile
racermark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely surprised me when I caught a glimpse of your car out the side window. I had the wheel cranked so we wouldn't touch. Ooops didn't work. You could have waited until turn 3 to pass - rookie Wink

I laughed also. Yep I got the incident saved. I had to witness the carnage that took place behind me in the race.
racermark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is video of Galahad sending me on my roof while doing doughnuts Very Happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U1J81F2Gek
Galahad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pausing at 12 seconds, the accuracy of impact is pretty impressive if I do say so myself Smile Fun stuff I kinda wonder what it would have looked like with full damage settings! Shocked
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game just crashes when trying to connect to your server, patched to latest version (had to, wouldn`t run without), any ideas?
Galahad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When exactly does it crash? I can tell you do connect to the server but then it looks like you time out at some point. What OS is on your pc? My work pc is windows 7 and I can connect to the server, but when I click drive and try to actually enter a race, I time out and crash. There is an issue with windows 7 and Vista I think. If you do have Vista or 7 try running the game in XP mode. I'll try that tomorrow at work as well. Thanks for trying to connect Smile
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My os is win 7 x64, It crashes just after pressing drive, tried compatability (xp sp3) and always run as admininstrator. Also lowered gfx and raised to max. Disabling AV doesn`t work either.

Edit, Just tried a single race, same thing happens, i`ll reinstall, see if that helps.

Update, Fixed it, Microsoft struck again with DEP Laughing , Disabled it and works likes a dream. a very circular dream.
Galahad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, I read about the DEP service after I posted. I added Watkins Glen and Infineon to the rotation last night. What part of the world do you call home?
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sunniest, happiest part of the whole planet, the UK
Galahad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, good to know ya. Just for comparison sake, I installed rFactor and played that for a bit primarily for the road courses. While factor has a lot to offer, it's just not very good with a gamepad. Then I went into 2k3 and was surprised how much I enjoyed driving Infineon and Watkins in 2k3. The stock car does look very out of place tho. The GTP mod looks interesting and got rave reviews.
Galahad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan when you logged on were there any ai racing? For some reason when I modified the tracks in the rotation, the ai isn't joining so I have some reading to do.
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No AI, just the safety car, which i promptly overtook Laughing

Think more people should get it, could be a good laugh with a full server (on a drunken friday night Twisted Evil )
Galahad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be some good fun indeed. Unfortunately your admin (me) is a noob at the moment. I have no idea why adding and removing a couple tracks from the rotation would prevent ai from joining. I'll get it figured out though. Racermark and I are in the states so we probably won't be able to join your Friday night drunken ram-fest. Hopefully I'll have time to mess with it a little tonight.
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wild stab in dark, are any tracks user created? rather than made by the company that made the game, maybe AI cars havent been programmed to race on the said user created tracks?

Galahad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't added anything that didn't come with the game. The ai doesn't even join now for any tracks that worked perfectly up until I changed the server player ini
Galahad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok from what I can tell I rammed Racermark so hard that I broke the internet. Anyways everything seems to be working now. Have fun and drive fast.
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galahad wrote:
I have no idea why adding and removing a couple tracks from the rotation would prevent ai from joining.

Sounds familiar, i`ll ask mad if he wrote the server controller Twisted Evil Laughing
Galahad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What car / # did you pick? I'll set it so the ai can't use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: