Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats this MAD community upto these days?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is anyone playing any online racers at the moment. I'm already fed up with the olympics and I need an excuse to avoid the wife.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so, I started running a Nascar server and had some fun with racermark and CJ..... I think going into spring was just the wrong time to start something tho. Maybe when winter rolls around we might have better luck!
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galahad wrote:
I don't think so, I started running a Nascar server and had some fun with racermark and CJ..... I think going into spring was just the wrong time to start something tho. Maybe when winter rolls around we might have better luck!

But that's just so far away...
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not really looked what is about or coming for a release.

wonders when project cars will be released fully, that has huge potential

racermark
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will probably try out Iracing.com . A guy in town races on it religiously that I met. I will let you know when I do. I don't have a ton of time to spend with it but it would be fun to do at times.

I look forward to your Nascar 2003 server returning Galahad so I can stuff you into the wall at the perfect spot/time. It'll be revenge after that Daytona cheap shot Smile What was that flying across the track at slow speed and missed the entire field? Maybe you needed the entire summer to find the speed in your car? That Watkins Glen start though was very impressive -until the bus chicane lol.
Galahad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe I should just embrace my destiny and run a smash-up derby server with full damage!!!
StevieM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still actively playing TM, currently in minipeace racing the TMT cup.
No Madlaps server anymore, inactivity I guess?
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bore da

Good to hear everyone is doing well!

I can't believe three or four years have passed since I used to actively play TMN with you lot. Good times. I still remember my very first GP. I was actually quite nervous at first and everyone else went zooming off into the distance on the first lap.

I have a question and I hope to call upon your collective experiences and thoughts on this hypothetical situation.

You have two job offers in two different cities.

Job A is perfect. The company is very good and highly regarded, and actively helps people to achieve what they want. In five years, you're going to progress to exactly where you want to be and be employable all over the world with decent remuneration.

Job B is not so good, sort of like a dead end job that you don't really want to do. In five years, you're going to be pretty much where you started.

City A is perfect. The city is awesome and is frequently awarded 'The most liveable city in the country' type of awards. You've lived here in the past and you know how nice it is to live there.

City B is not so good, sort of the place that you never expected to end up and you feel stuck. When you find a nice person to talk to and you mention you might be moving, they immediately warn you not to move there at all costs.

I'm sure you can see where this is going... Job A is in City B and Job B is in City A. Which would you pick and why?

I know there are lots of other variables but I'm limiting the factors to just the job and city for now.
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job A Steve, nothing worse than being stuck in a dead end job, i know, five years of living in a city (which you can get out of at the weekends), then after that the worlds yours, decent promotions see you living in the nicer cities, i see it as job A going somewhere but the night life will suck because there's nothing there, job B fantastic place to be but doing same job for the next ten years, get your head down for five years in the bad place, progress then pick back up on a good life Smile
p.s nice to hear from you Cool
Steve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mark

Thanks for your input. I am arriving at the same conclusion. I really want to move to Australia but before I go I want to make absolutely sure I can get a job and having the experience and qualifications that Job A will give me will without a doubt put me in that situation.

Have you moved abroad, or do you just wake up ridiculously early? 6:16am!?
JawZ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im ina job b and town b situation its horridable.

though gaming in aussie is horridable, our pings will be horrible! we would have to meet halfway and game on us servers for semi enjoyment.

Dantski

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swat ignores me on LOL that bastard
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good effort Swat, I don't blame you at all.

Kicks Dant in the nuts Razz

Jawz, what's stopping you picking up your stuff and moving? There's far too much amazing stuff in Australia to worry about latency and gaming. Wink
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even know why i was up at that time, normally sitting at pc with a cuppa at 07:00 waiting to go to work for 8, clock must be wrong on here Shocked And yes if your single and no ties then make it a plan, I have a few friends on my FB that have lived out there for years and thoroughly enjoy it, so good luck Wink

yep its here 12:47 showing, but typing at 13:46 my time, proper time, uk time Smile no way i'd be up at 6 m8 Laughing
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
Good effort Swat, I don't blame you at all.

Kicks Dant in the nuts Razz

Jawz, what's stopping you picking up your stuff and moving? There's far too much amazing stuff in Australia to worry about latency and gaming. Wink

my inability to be spontanueas?

Steve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a decision is definitely one which does not suit spontaneity, Jawz. If you wish to move, you should carefully consider as much as you can think of, and then go for a walk in the countryside and ponder some more just in case.

I've been planning my escape from my current city of residence ever since I arrived here but I haven't moved because I haven't found a place that provides me with everything I want. Although it is only a matter of time, I'm hoping it's going to be sooner rather than later.
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe spontaniety is the wrong choice of word.

but ive been flirting with the idea of leaving to do traveling, but nothing has triggered me to do this.

I would like to visit Scandinavia, I also wouldnt mind spending some of the winter months within the Arctic Circle.

maybe im just content in the shiitty environments i find myself in cause they werent as **** as they were when i was unemployed few years back?

looking back i should of did some trtavelling when unemployed, but not knowing where to get source of income next was a worrying factor so at same time didnt want to up an atom...

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandinavia intrigues me as well. It's one of the few places I would be consider moving to.

Anyway I've got lots of holiday left and some air miles to use up so when are we going? Sweden gets my vote too.
Iffe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Sweden..?

You should visit Denmark instead Steve - we got Bacon-a-lot Smile
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am more Norway when I think about going, just so I can say i have been to hell when it froze over Smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: