Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just a thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Just a thought Reply with quote

Before anyone says anything I'm not having a rant (that was my other thread Laughing )

Is it possible to make anyone who late starts or restarts take a time penalty. It occured to me that on certain tracks like passing through etc that the racer who posts 3 clean decent laps might get beaten to the win by a faster racer who restarted because he stuffed his car and although he would have won had he not stuffed it there should be some reward for the consistent driver.

It would also completely eradicate my utter hatred of deliberate late starters Evil or Very Mad which to be fair isn't as bad as it used to be.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no sorry, but it may be possible to warn them and boot them automatically after several offences..... now that idea i like!

I will think about it for the new controller which I'm still trying to start....
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, didn't know you could do that Very Happy

10-10 for customer service Mad Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking, is it possible that if somebody curses, instead of detecting the curse and giving a warning, why not replace the curse with a different word...like instead of b***ard, say biscuit
and instead of f*** say fudge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think a server sontroller can change text. It can give warnings and kick people for it, obviously, and it can also put ??? as the name but i dont think it can change whats said. There probably is maybe a way with about 4 million lines of code, but its not really worth it.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep you can't alter the chat...

I did see a post about adding four lines in quick to scroll the offending article out of the way and then you could theoretically replace the chat.
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this may have a quite clear answer but may as well ask.....

could you mute someone stopping them from using the chat?
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep easily... its called a ban Smile

only the same as the swear idea.. spamming the chat so you can't see it.
If done well, you wouldnt notice much because the same text could be put back in. my only beef with this is the server processing and messages.... alot of messages.
Supergrinch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely with Spanky, although on Mad Laps the delay time for runners-up is short enough it's not the same issue as it on servers with 30 seconds (or more) time after the first finisher.

I have seen servers (RFR US comes to mind) that are lap tracks, but are timed/ handled in round mode, so a restart of the clock retires the driver. A bit draconian, but it does the trick. There may be a ladder scoring angle I'm missing, but wanted to throw my 2 pence in.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the restart button is there for the newbies that crash too much, dont want them getting to disheartened every race when they are forced to watch.

Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JawZ wrote:
the restart button is there for the newbies that crash too much, dont want them getting to disheartened every race when they are forced to watch.

Unfortunately newbies are not the worst offenders. The vain arseholes who hold points above fair play are the worst offenders. A racer who holds many a record who late started denied he late started and stated "I was doing something when the race started" so if he doesn't consider it unsporting behaviour there is no hope convincing the points whores.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I late start is to say bye to someone who's leaving!
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
The only reason I late start is to say bye to someone who's leaving!

Late starting isn't really the problem it's hitting restart to zero the time when you do.

You're an honourable man Dantski and above such things though Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not honourable, though.

FrankJScott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Excellent Product Blog Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about Updated Product Info 83b4308
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject: Excellent Lotto Info Reply with quote

In reply to the man talking about lottery number online, lottario online, mega lotto online, glotto, colorado lottery tickets online, shubhlaxmi online lottery, I highly suggest this recommended Glotto.Io tips or play lotto online tymebank, purchase lotto tickets online, online result lottery, texas lottery purchase online, play virginia lottery online, powerball lotto tickets online, on top of this his comment is here for Top Lottery Online forum alongside all get lotto tickets online, whitelist lotto online, free fun lotto, ct lottery online, pick 3 lotto online, international lottery tickets online, not to mention this cool Lotto site which is also great. Also, have a look at this made my day on Glotto blog alongside all michigan lottery free play coupon, purchase lottery tickets online, buy ma lottery tickets online, win lotto online, mass lottery online, matka lottery online, on top of this home page about All Or Nothing blog on top of play lucky for life online, buy jackpot lottery online, lotto olandese, play lottery free win real money, lottery ticket near me, georgia lottery games online, alongside all top Glotto Games link which is also worth a look. I also suggest this continue reading this about Prize Glotto info as well as samsung online lottery, play lottery games online, real online lottery tickets, online lottery washington, buy official lottery tickets online, north carolina lottery tickets online, as well as this next page about Lotto Online link and don't forget nc lottery buy online, colorado lottery play online, vag lotto online, online lottery sites, buy state lottery tickets online, powerball lottery online, and don't forget additional reading on Lotto Online site and don't forget lotto plus online, buy ky lottery tickets online, thailotto online, lotto keno online, dlb lottery buy online, online nc lottery, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this cool Lottery Online blog with lotto sites online, karunya lottery online purchase, jackpot lottery ticket online, buy michigan lottery tickets online, i want to play lottery online, buy ky lottery tickets online, for good measure. Check more @ Recommended Naples Florida Real Estate Info 9703774
FrankJScott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:45 pm    Post subject: Excellent Vector Embedding Blog Reply with quote

To the guy inquiring about nlp used for, faiss hnsw example, nlp with tensorflow, chatbot using natural language processing, nlp udemy, vector index c++, context vector nlp, milvus vector, pragmatic analysis nlp, nlp techniques meaning, nlp on aws, computer science nlp, hnsw, entropy in nlp, natural language in data science, nlp4re, nlp tools and techniques, nlp translation python, nlp legal documents, ibm nlp, plnlp, syntax analysis nlp, vector in nlp, natural language analytics, nlp cs, I recommend this Vector Database Benchmarks for nlp in text mining, sentiment analysis in natural language processing, nlp voice, fraud detection nlp, natural language processing using python, natural language processing using deep learning, transformers for natural language processing github, nlp development, google assistant nlp, nltk machine learning, text summarization using natural language processing, baidu nlp, nlp syntactic analysis, faiss index types, graph nlp, state of the art natural language processing, sentence generation nlp, nlp work, nlp design, vector at index, nlp ai examples, write a short note on natural language processing, text to sql nlp, ai to transform input data to natural language, amazon natural language processing, also. See More Excellent Chemicals Online Website e19b54b
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: