Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trackmania Canyon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Trackmania Canyon Reply with quote

Trackmania Canyon is now available go to main TM site for details.
Let us know what you think..... Idea
My login is sosteves

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.

Last edited by sosteve on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Friday

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I bit like the environment-mix-thing in TMU. But I couldnt find anybody of the madlappers. So here is my account-name: pfr Laughing

cu soon there Cool
YussuF

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a brave and nice decision when buying it - nice game.
still a lot of improvements are necessary - but the kinda "tm-feeling" is fully there to me Very Happy
The nasty-beasty looking car was a nasty beast to me at first sight, but I really like the way it goes, although I feel like a pretty young padawan.
Main thing yet is , there's not a single server doing laps -.-
And the trackbuilders...well, they're even younger padawans I think...can someone build some decent maps please ?? Razz

oh, my acc is "yussuf-42" Wink
Seeya on the track Twisted Evil
JawZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a beta or full release?

JawZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beta or full?

YussuF

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the multiplayer is called the beta, there are no solomaps ; but as the editors are fully there and the multiplayer works...
Though canyon is yet only the first of I think 3 environments for TM², and the others will need another payment once theyre available...
check here for further info : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willl other environemnt also be released at 20 quid.

is canyon a fun environment, what does it compare most too from previous TM's to me as an onlooker, looks like it plays like Sunrise

Iffe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The handling in Canyon is somewhere between Stadium and Coast.
Afaik the other environments will also be 20 quid.

My account name is btw: iffe Smile

And we got a server running inthere already (pG).
Drop by for some fun if you like Wink
YussuF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still love the game Very Happy
I had to start building tracks at one point though, because the ones I had seen so far didnt please me...
I gave the first five to those french CT-guys, they have quite a nice laps-server and as there's no MadLaps so far one's gotta find alternatives Cool ,
Anyway I built some more and wondered whether some of you would like to test-drive them
and tell me what you think, perhaps ( no, pretty sure actually) they're still improvable Laughing
/*Back and Forth : kinda inspired by those newer Dtm-TMF-Tracks where you go through parts of the tracks multiple times */

* Speedy Circuit : still far from the speed of a "Sweeping GP 6", but I'm coming closer xD */

* Treplin Speedway : Think I like this the most , speedy as well and including some turns not built for the pleasure of the driver Twisted Evil

oh and by the way, I built them memorizing the old trackbuilding guide somewhere on here, so if you see a sign missing Shocked , beat the hell out of me
all the tracks are on here : http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracksearch?mode=1&authorid=1058 ; so if you like - tell me how much I suck at trackbuilding Surprised Very Happy
Friday

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you seen the option "divided screen" for two players on same computer?

new feature, isn't it?

bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First impressions ... It's good but I'm not sure if it's all that much better than Forever. The car does handle differently, like Iffe said, somewhere between Stadium and Coast (or Grid). It doesn't feel nearly as instinctive, realistic and physics-based as Stadium. The tracks do seem a little boring so far, and it doesn't look like there is much scope for making the masterpieces we saw even in TMN.

Drifting is very different. If you take your finger off the brake the drift stops, which takes a bit of getting used to. In TM you could get a drift without braking by steering into a bump the right way. Not here.

The big improvement is the seamless integration with all the web-based goodies, but I don't know if that makes it worthwhile.

There also seem to be one or two bugs - I sometimes jerk to one side for no apparent reason.

So in a nutshell, they haven't completely trashed the game but does it look like the result of five years' work (or whatever it is)? Not really. In many ways it feels the same, but the handling makes it a bit meh.

I hope there is an expansion pack with a car that handles more like TMF and a few more interesting blocks. And I hope it's free! When you're playing on a server, at the bottom it says "next environment" beside "next track". It's invariably Canyon, but it does look like new landscapes are on their way, and they can be intermixed on a single server.

Hello!
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next enviroment, £20, and the enviroment after.
The game doesn`t cut it for me, don`t like the enviroment, don`t like the handling. don`t like the graphics (shadows, can`t see corners coming, too much sun (bloom )).
Thing is, TMU was £30 for seven enviro`s. When they bring out the planned three enviro`s, That`ll be £60. No demo`s, just suck it and see. I played it on SoSteves pc, and i`m glad i did.

Tracks look cool btw Yussuf.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to agree. The handling veers between non-responsive and oversensitive, which makes me foresee much frustration navigating those roads they have included that are barely wider than the car.

Also, escaping from a collision with a wall, you can't do that reverse donut thing you used to. You have to reverse for about 2 seconds.

I'm glad you said you couldn't see corners coming. I thought it was just me.

Ah well, never mind. I don't begrudge giving them £20 after all the hours or pleasure they have given me, but it just might be a bit of a dud ... I'll have to wait and see, but so far it hasn't set my heart racing.
JawZ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ubisoft milking nadeos community. im not sucked in enough to see thiscanyon stuff

does it look possible that "ubisoft" can dictate wether the game has epic longevity? are they able to shut down the servers/login systems and such should they feel like EA and seemingly codemasters have done in past

Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You punters are killing my buzz, everyone say its brilliant and lets start playing it. If I have to sit and actually converse with the wife anymore I'll throw myself out the window.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's brilliant. Start playing it.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

except .... http://ageofempiresonline.com/ has just been released too. I think I may as well leave the missus straight away.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny ... I am getting a failure to post message message (something about debug) yet the messages are clearly being posted.
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game reminds me of 'Sega Rally' on the sega saturn (which i loved) it will give very close racing on uncomplicated tracks ie:Nascar but as Dan pointed out more complicated tracks are difficult to read. Buns you need to throw it into corners harder as it will start a drift without braking and you do not need to keep the brake on to maintain the drift.
Its no forever but I for one have had a great deal of enjoyment out of it thus far. I would love to see more of the MAD crew racing this on a MAD lLAPS SERVER. So if you are umming and arring I would say go for it you never know you may love it Very Happy

sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JawZ wrote:
ubisoft milking nadeos community. im not sucked in enough to see thiscanyon stuff

does it look possible that "ubisoft" can dictate wether the game has epic longevity? are they able to shut down the servers/login systems and such should they feel like EA and seemingly codemasters have done in past

Every company is out there trying to make as much dough as they can. Sod the politics if it gives you enjoyment its worth it if it don't it ain't. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: