Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Formula Mad Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaaa we've opened a can of worms now Smile

did I mention we had 45 people on at once the other day! and if all the GP racers turned up at once the server would have 38 racers on it..... you know it's going to happen one day. (This includes people who have raced the mid season friendlies etc.)

I'm not sure that the idea of 2 differing levels of competitors is very workable... It's very hard to decide and seperate out the racers.
Having said that I'm not opposed to it, and running extra events on the server is a good idea. One other method might be to qualify, top X race one server and the rest the other.

Another idea is a mid week league.... or a completely different type of event like team racing etc. just to stir up the comments further.

And yes I want to work on an auto scoring system as part of the new controller that will be developed shortly....
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it would need to be worked in such a way as the start of the next GP season that drivers of a certain ability are not put up against people who are substantially faster or you lose the close racing. Me against Bboy is a no contest he wins every time unless he crashes and I don't but me against say Fred or Highflyer we can beat each other and the racing is much closer and dare I say it more interesting.

The midweek league would interest me as I'm available week nights but rarely on saturdays due to my raging alcoholism Laughing

To judge interest in a 2nd Division it might be worth starting a thread to see who would be interested and when the races could take place. From my point of view the idea came along to provide closer racing and the goal of promotion to a higher standard of racing once you've proved consistency. The GP's are fun but when you're pretty much at the back the whole race it can become a little demoralising.
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can use the final standings of this season as a basis for any seeding.

Skin by Baino
McInSanE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to do well then =D
LaValle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: I'd LOVE to do a qualifying round...but how ? Reply with quote

I really like the idea of holding a qualifying round...maybe hold a 5 lap qualfying round on the miniserver to decide the field...this would promote racing on the miniserver...and help sort out the GPs !

This may be totally stupid...I'm not quite sure though...you guys can tell me why I'm insane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Steve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a qualifying.... Confused

And its impossible to stagger the start of racers in this game.
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offtopic:

will there be an F.C. over easter?

Ontopic:

I like the idea of having several divisions. And I think Jawz had the best idea so far.
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McInSanE wrote:
Offtopic:

will we reach easter? ....there are only 3 weekends left
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McInSanE wrote:
Offtopic:

Ontopic:

I like the idea of having several divisions. And I think Jawz had the best idea so far.

even thou no one, only myself seems to graps what am blobbing on about?

Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JawZ wrote:
McInSanE wrote:
Offtopic:

Ontopic:

even thou no one, only myself seems to graps what am blobbing on about?

Oh no I got the idea it just wasn't what I was intending when I suggested the second division Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay guys I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to relinquish my drive at Tyrrell. As you may or may not have noticed I haven't made it to the last two meetings. this has been due to work constraints, and it's getting harder and harder on a saturday to get back for 8pm. So i'll pass on my drive to someone a lot faster Smile (Moldo and Steve breathe a sigh of relief Laughing )
So good luck to you all, and hopefully will pop in every now and then for the occasional drive with Bentley.
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noo Dutchy Crying or Very sad

Already more people leaving there team than last year (Racermark, Pepper - Bboy, Retoon, Dutchy Sad )
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is unfortunate Dutchmeister, thanks for notifying.

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Breaking News*

McCoy can be bought out of Bentley GP deal for £10 and a couple of packets of Jaffa Cakes (the McVities ones none of your asda crap)

Why o why do they let me write in these buy out clauses Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats with everyone talking bout jafacakes?

got someone who wants me to rub em on there forehead and lick it off

someone suggested i put 2 on each nipple so they can use me as a table, she didnt sound to pleased when i asked if i could try jaffapie though.

LaValle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: I wanna be Tyrell Reply with quote

I wanna drive for Tyrell guys ! I'm kinda sorta not as bad as the forum noob usually, and swimming season ends this weekend, so I'll be free to race ! PLEASE consider me for the job over Spanky because...um....I can't actually think of a reason why you'd pick me over Spanky but please do lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scarr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening all, was gonna sign up for the challenge tonight but i'm going to miss due to only just finding out about it. Looking for a team, let me know if their's vacancies Smile
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing special for last GP?...
Supergrinch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allow me to be the first to ask the silly question.

How many months between GP seasons (I'm guessing with turn-out increasing over the season that there will be another one)?

And secondly, I thought the idea of a D II was so drivers of more modest skills (like supergrinch let's say) aren't cluttering up the track, slowing the server and generally getting in the way. Laughing

Look forward to breaking onto the scoring sheet next season. Perhaps a new column "Other racers/ DNF" Shocked

I kid of course. Not trying to increase anyboby's workload!
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i think it's too early to talk about season 4 sign-up and line-up, but i can already say that thanks to my new computer (more or less as strong as the McLaren simulator Mr. Green ) i'll run my team as racer, not only team manager.
With a new computer and a new car (comming with Caramania 3 Contest of Carpark) are comming a new team name and a new logo as well for it.

So, "Chronic Pepper Engineering" (C.P.E.) becomes "Cooper" :

From the old F1 team which raced between 1958 and 1969 and were world champion in 1959 and 1960.
The car won't be the Formula United anymore but a whole new one, also designed by Flipout (i could compare him to the Adrian Newey of Trackmania). 4 wheels, back-wings and front-wings, singleseat, ... that's all i can say for the moment. The car is close to be ready but the rules of the carmania contest impose us to keep it secret until end of July. Razz

But i can also say it's gonna mix quite efficiently top-technology with historical, traditionnal and gentlemen-kind type of race car.

If HotSwat and Dadude24 still want to race with me, they are welcome, if they withdrawal or want to race in other teams, anybody is welcome as far as it keeps a fair distribution of driving level (progamer-middlefield-beginner or 3 middlefield ? this still has to be decided at this moment)

I'll make an update of this post and transfer it when the rules of the 4th season will be stated and clear in a dedicated thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: