Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first gp of new season
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panza

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: first gp of new season Reply with quote

sorry maserati team but i couldnt even race

both races was over b4 first lap

never got lag in my life but tonight was ridiculious

going into a corner then suddenly going upside down the next

unraceable
retoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i did just as bad. missed the first race because i was eating and forgot which am not happy about and the second race i just kept crashing then landed on a edge and flipped. also not here next weekend soo... bad start to the season 4 races and 0 points
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA: Was going prety well, had a terrific battle with Mad for most of the distance and with Yussuf at the start and Dutchy too before he tore off into the distance. Pretty pleased with 11th considering it's a twisty track with tight bends that look similar all backing onto each other.

Speed-Jump: Set off at high speed and found a comfortable rut in 7th. That is until Bboy came from the back and passed me. I kept with him for about a lap's distance, then he headed for the top 6. It was about then that I took the final jump slightly too far left and bounced off a wall and upside down. The incident wasn't Bboy's fault at all, just shoddy driving on my part at the late stage of a good race. My kind of track though, and very good for long controllable drifts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, didn't go too well for me either. Disconnected during race one, when I was chasing Mad/Cheese/one RFR guys, but was somewhere around place 12 anyway so not too many points.

Second race...I'm speechless (ok not really). First I start off bad, think I'll have to settle for 10th place, then lots of people crash in the few rounds after. At some point I suddenly come in place 2 behind Dutchy, I land weird and am back at place 6. I slowly fight my way back to place 4. Then all of a sudden, while I'm sure I was chasing someone else Moldo seems to have appeared in front of me. He manages to get to Dutch(1) and Steve(2), but crashes and I get past him again. Then in the first jump I see Dutchy going really slow and pass him...I'm not sure if it's the same round but I crashed right after that. To make it worse...Steve had crashed as well. If I hadn't crashed I could have been first Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Owh well...on to next weekend, hopefully a bit better then Smile
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race: knew wasnt gonna go well, was jus err trying to finish.

2nd race: knowing that a few of the "big" guys had left the track early on i thought hmm might be able to finish quite high especially if there are any more accidents, the next 2 laps, i messed up every corner every jump, suprised i stayed on my wheels.

was pretty clean till towardss the end, went wonky on one of the jumps, landed sideways on 2 walls flipped into a wall and went up and landed on my wheels, then the next jump i went near the walls again this time i barrel rolled.

pleasently suprised after all that messyness to come home 10th.

Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1 : steady throughout fell backwards when people stopped crashing due to slight lack (yet consistant) race pace .... finished 6th

race 2 : crashed lots caught up crashed lots, fell off joined behind dutchy (1st) battle to stay on the lead lap and catch up to bboy, dutchy crashes , i crashes find myself behind steve (1st) battle to stay on the lead lap and catch up with bboy, steve crashes, many people crash take 5th chasing bboy for 4th

5th and 6th not too bad
Dutchy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Race
Had an interesting race. Started off quite slow, new I didn't know the track as much as the big guns, so was aiming quite low down the order. Gradually got to learn the track more during the race and improved my lap times, till i was eventually battling with Rustray and Tred in an awesome 5 lap battle for 8th,9th and 10th. Came out at the bottom of that pile after hugging a wall. But 10th is great for me nonetheless.

2nd Race
Knew I could be resonably quick on this one, so after the first lap when I saw how many had crashed out, I was a little nervous. Didn't want to go the same way, but didn't want to slow and lose my position. Had one eye on the track and one eye on the sector times, watching Steve get closer and closer. Had a couple of run-ins with the wall which let Steve and Medi pass me, but something must have happened to them which let me past. Got the lead back went round the 2nd large sweeping corner hit the barrier and tried to take the jump. landed just on the track after bouncing off the kerb. Rolled home to take my first and probably last race victory, but boy was I pleased.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won dutchy? At that time, i was looking for anything with the word 'apple' in them, and then completely blocking them from doing anything. Congrats if you did, you were leading most of the way and you deserve it Very Happy

Truly annoyed, i spent the entire race trying to go slow so i didnt crash, i get into the lead because dutchy crashed with 5 laps to go, then i get a pop up.... felt like smashing everything near me.

Just a thought, could apple have set the time they update everything to saturdays at about 2030? It booted me off last week half way through the 2nd GP and i nearly fell off....
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rarrr, terrible weekend for me

First race me and Bboy were out in front for a bit, then I started making more and more mistakes as the race wore on and eventually scraped home 3rd.

2nd race lasted 17 seconds after one messed up jump. I then specced someone who messed the jumps up multiple times and didn't flip. Banged head against wall a few times.
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
I then specced someone who messed the jumps up multiple times and didn't flip. Banged head against wall a few times.

That sounds a lot like me you were speccing. In the 2nd race I ended up falling in the hole off the last jump, getting on via the ramp on the side, and then taking that last jump wrong about 10 more times... Rarely messed up the first one though. Rolling Eyes
tyke65

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the best of races for me...
After a 136.7mile (not 200 miles as i had claimed but was corrected by my fellow team mate)round trip to Derby and back, i just made it onto the server at 7.58pm...no practice on either track...a banging headache and dying for the toilet,made a slow start and couldn't get any race pace going had a little dice with Midden and Bat for a couple of laps but it was just not working for me .......17th.
2nd race missed the start by a couple of seconds then saw a few of the early leaders crashing out, i was concentrating on hitting the jumps right when fellow team mate Jaw2 landed badly in front off me and went out...so i thought.
I needed a good finish and was running in 9th for a good few laps, then towards the end i lost concentration had a few bad jumps and had to take the slip road once to get back on.Then Jaw2 came past and moved me down to 12th which is where i finished.
Better luck next time.
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 USA went better than I thought. Was in 2nd for a bit. Then fell back to 7th. Then climbed back up to 5th. Could have had 4th if only Swat had 1 wallkiss more Razz

The other track was pretty annoying when I think about it Razz Fell off the track once or twice, can't remember. Had a few nearly fatal crashes, but still came in third. Congratz to you Dutchy, finally someone else besides Dantski or Bboy Very Happy If only Rustray was nice enough to let me pass, then we had a 1-2 Tyrrell Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

missed first race

turled first lap second race, restarted and turtled 24th lap
Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not 1 - 2 tyrell. It should have been, if you overtook rustray, a 2 - 3 tyrell, but you can thank apple for your good fortune Crying or Very sad

And Nooter, those races last week weren't anything to do with the seasons, just a fun off-season race.
[RFR]Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Server kicked me out, around about lap 15-20.

Race 2: I flew off 5 times, and it was only the 5th time when I landed the wrong way up.

Sad

Well, it was nice to be on Vent anyway, even if I didn't talk much Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to help clear a few points up....

Panza, lag is seeing everyones cars jump but race continues. Yours sounds more like a graphics, computer issue where the graphics freeze for x seconds and you can't race it. This is always caused by local things like virus checkers or other software doing something annoying when it shouldn't be.

RFR Steve, the server didn't kick anyone out, you got disconnected... This could be an ISP problem, your hardware etc but if it was a server issue everyone would have got booted. We did have at least three people with connection problems last night. 90% of the time, it is not the servers fault.

If their are server issues, I'll let you know Smile
[RFR]Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
RFR Steve, the server didn't kick anyone out, you got disconnected... This could be an ISP problem, your hardware etc but if it was a server issue everyone would have got booted. We did have at least three people with connection problems last night. 90% of the time, it is not the servers fault.
I didn't mean to imply it was the server's fault, I just have the habit of saying I get kicked from the server, which I was, but it was because I lost connection Smile I'm not blaming the server Smile
panza

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same ere

sorry mad i wasnt trying to say it was the server it was just an apology to my
team mates to say i was having problems

i now know what my problem was and have resolved it

it was just annoying when all was well in practice then all went pear shaped when gp started

well theres always next week

ps always make sure your drivers are upto date or you get issues like i did
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol it's when I update things go pearshaped Smile

I did a windows update before christmas and three packages stopped working.... one was written by....microsoft go figure.
Dantski

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had no problems with lag during my 17 second race 2. As soon as I started spectating though it lagged pretty badly.

Also the 'jumping' Tyrells near the start of race 1 were pretty annoying! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: