Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S9 race 5+6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: S9 race 5+6 Reply with quote

race 5,
Terrible start (again), fell back with a constant turny right joypad, managed to get to 12 ish with dacheese, asked him a question about a part of the track, then faceplanted it like a complete tard!!
Must have been all that scrumpy Laughing

Race 6,
Joypad still driving me (right) mad, had a battle with the corners, fell back, then on lap 19, hit the chicane before the red finish, and just missed the water, but hit the track and did a flip Confused

P.S.
STOP SWEARING!!!!
Dantski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R 5

Was doing ok for large parts of the race and was the 4th fastest (with LaValle successfully kicked!). Was just behind Jones when I faceplanted the last corner. That put me back 8-9 secs just behind Iffe and we had a good battle for around 5 laps. Just when it looked like I was pulling away from him, I faceplanted the last corner again. This time it dropped me behind Tomppa but I was able to get past him on the last lap to get 5th.

R 6

Start went well and pretty much the rest of the race did too. Was in 1st for a few early laps, before Sabre/Bboy/LaV slowly passed me. Sat in 4th for the rest of the race keeping up a decent pace and kept repeating to myself "Don't look at the HUD!". Ended up only a few seconds behind Bboy and LaV due to what I reckon will be my most consistent race of the year.

Fred got 15th too which was a good effort! Smile
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 5: Had a great start, took the lead on either the second or third checkpoint on the first lap. Spent the first couple of laps battling with Sabre for the lead, pulling ahead by about .1 or so every lap, until around lap 6 when he crashed and fell back to 4th. Spent the next seven laps trying to widen the gap between myself and Jones as much as possible, for when Sabre inevitably made his way back to 2nd. Around the halfway point of the race, I had a good 5 and a half second lead over Sabre, who had made his way back to 2nd place. Spent the last half of the race making sure I drove smooth laps, and didn't crash into anything. Went the entire race without a single crash, and won with a gap of 6-7 seconds or so over Sabre.

Race 6: Had a rough start on this one, found myself in 25th place halfway through the first lap. Spent the next four or five laps charging through the field, trying to make my way to the front before Sabre broke away. By the time I made my way to 2nd, Sabre had already driven a couple seconds ahead, so I just got in a rhythm and tried not to lose ground on him. He ended up making a couple mistakes, and I think I held the lead on a couple different occasions around the halfway point of the race, but after a couple of laps I smacked into a wall and Sabre drove away. Ended up falling back to 3rd and battling with Lavalle for a couple laps, before he smacked a wall as well, and I found myself back in 2nd, 11 seconds behind Sabre. With 2 laps left Sabre crashed and the gap went from 11 to 6.5 seconds... but that didn't really matter, as the next lap I crashed again, and the gap made its way back up to 10 seconds by the end of the race.

Two solid races after missing the first two weeks of the season, and I was able to end Sabre's winning streak in my first race back, so I'd call this a pretty successful GP week.
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1
was pretty consistant on this then the mistakes, fell right back, was lucky to finish started reading comments when i still had 1 lap to do, flipped and turtled had a bit of motion re-righted myself and finished, well down though

race 2
only one piece of water on this, went up the inverted u turn, came down clipped the corner at speed, only one ending splosh Crying or Very sad
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Actually quite liked the track but I only play trackmania once a week at the very most and I'm so embarrasingly off the pace I challenged nobody and came home 20th.

Race 2: Luckily for me this track proved more of a car breaker than I thought and I trotted along at a safe speed to get 18th I think it was.

Will need to play more often to sharpen the minimal skills I have at TM to climb further up the mid table section of mediocrity but I've finished all the races so far this season so I'll try and continue that for the remaining races.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite nice races, my new notebook helping me to get back in line, after the last races were quite ordinary.
race 1:
so, with absolutely no lag, fluent fps , all cars turned on and high graphics (actually the game is quite beautiful to watch ,lol) my motivation was huge.
Had some nice fights with Reh (who struggled with his connection) and I think Beech and Munkhi...won in that group and got 8th , best position this season.

race 2:
after huge effort in first race and a lot of effort in studying, I was quite tired and not so fast anymore...however I managed to get 11th after fighting the whole Texaco Frontline Team....as I won my nearby battles in first race, I now lost...and all three of TF finished right before me, there was more in it Twisted Evil

anyway, nice tracks as always and an accurate start btw - I think we started at point 9 ( 8 for ye ). Good Game All
Iffe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felt pretty good abt the tracks during wu – both very well suited for GP racing imo.

Race 5:
A pretty good start kept me in top 10 from lap 1.
Had tompppa in front of me for several laps before he made a small mistake.
Then a lone ride until the last 6-7 laps where dantski decided to wait for me Smile
Tried to keep him behind me but he eventually passed……only to make another mistake and disappear behind me.
Didn’t make a mayor mistake for 25 laps – so I finished in 4th – very happy abt that.

Race 6:
The first 3-4 laps I was trying to keep up with the pace.
Felt like I was dropping a spot for each CP I passed.
Then found my rhythm and got into top 10 – gr with Reh for several laps - until he eventually went swimming Neutral
Kept up the speed and in the end had a close battle with sabre – trying hard not to let him lap me....which he oc did Rolling Eyes
C.o. Jones

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R5: I had a good start right behind Bboy and Sabre. Then saw Sabre crashing and was in second. After a few laps I went wide in the last corner and hit the cp wich made me fall back into 4th. Climbed back up to 3rd.

R6: I was struggling for a good pace. After a while was in 5th and losing time, then towards the end had a great battle with Tomppa who finished right before me. Finished 6th.
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 5 - posted on forum requesting p/w to server
race 6 - wondering wtf caused a blue screen and why computer wasnt booting up at all...
funfunfun.

xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkas
инфоинфо
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: