Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Competo 24 hour cup
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Competo 24 hour cup Reply with quote

Just found this thread posted on the nations forever section of tmx:
http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=threadshow&id=2895987&page=auto#auto

Although a 24 hour race does seem really... REALLY long, it also sounds like it could be something fun to try. (appearently each member is only required to do 4 hours minimum, and the 4 hours don't have to be consecutive hours).

So... are there three others around here that are free on the 17th/18th and would like to go through hell and back attempting a 24 hour race with me? Twisted Evil
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team up w Bboy for a crack at a title? Hmmm, let me think a bit yesyesyesyesyesyes

Skin by Baino
beechus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fun too me !!

count me in Smile
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm most definately in, I've always been interested in the longer races Wink

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

umk, btw it's not like I'm expecting to be selected just cos I piped up first or anything so take the best you are offered, Bboy Arrow

Skin by Baino
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Deutsche-spracher will be handy for this event, the admins are sausage munchers Wink
Stints last one hour and a five minute break before a restart, so having a spread of time zones would also be advantageous - Bboy is already there on that score of course.

Skin by Baino
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna pass on this one, go for it Bboy + Mad laps Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great :]

i'm in berlin on that date which is good and i do not know wether i've got internet at home yet which is not good but im looking forward to be another deutschespracher ready to go for this...
i can tell you on 15th.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sprechst some of the deutschy stuff but I also haven't raced TM in months so if you're really really stuck PM me Bboy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well... looks like we've got more than enough people willing to race. just need to narrow it down to 4 people. i don't really care about taking the most skilled team into the race, because i didn't plan on trying to win this to begin with... i mean, a nice finish would be great, but i really just want to try this 24h race out and see how it goes.

so, looks like as of now we need to...
establish our team of four
decide on a team name
decide on a car skin (rules don't say we need a team skin... but why not have one?)
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=2242907#auto

http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=1517566#auto

these are the last tracks they used, about 4 mins per track.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So atm we have 6 people who have said they're interested (including spanky), if we got 2 more we could make 2 teams, so don't be shy anyone who's thinking we've already got enough Wink

As for skins, I'd say the mad laps skins work well, certainly looked good on the TGP server earlier Wink

Teamname, why not just MAD like some people have already anyway? Or something along those lines anyways, and if we have a 2nd team we could call them SOR or ML or something.

Just noticed this rule:

Quote:
5.1 You have to drive with the standard stadium skin.

Do they just mean the car, or the skin as well? (Having just done a quick web translation of some of the questions, it looks like they're saying 2d skins are fine, just no 3d skins, can someone else please confirm that?)

DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Competo 24 hour cup Reply with quote

Dale Earnhardt wrote:

Although a 24 hour race does seem really... REALLY long, it also sounds like it could be something fun to try. (appearently each member is only required to do 4 hours minimum, and the 4 hours don't have to be consecutive hours).

Excuse me and my kinda basic math like question.

Four people with a minimum of four hours is sixteen hours. Surely people have to do six hours each. Rolling Eyes

I might give this a go. but, timing will be the key i think, also Ventrillo may help (redbull and lager too). Like an earlier post. Timezone difference could play a major factor in the event. I think i could go for and hour at a time before my brain melted into oblivion.

Are the respawns on?

p.s. Text to speech on vent will help if people do not have microphones, or they have squeeky voices Laughing
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've once done a Le mans race on the PC but that was 4 drivers in the same room taking 2 hour stints each. It is a mighty challenge keeping your attention on a screen for that long but it can be a good laugh.

You would need someone on vent to make sure you hadn't gone insane and keep you awake. I know if I were to do a night stint I'd need 8 red bulls a 12 pack of pro plus and some Motorhead on the stereo.

Also looking at those who put their names forward you'll have Bboy in the USofA 5-6 hours behind us and pretty much the rest on BST so some people would have to do a night shift so Bboy wasn't landed with them all. Tred's suggestion of 2 teams might not be a bad idea if vent was used the driver doing the trucker shifts would have someone to talk to.
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be ok with doing up to 3 hours in a row I reckon (I've done it before, but not on these sort of tracks). I'd also be quite happy going as late as 3 or 4am BST, or as early as 5 or 6am BST, but not both Razz I think the tricky point will be late night USA/early morning UK, as it's very easy to miss a changeover then.

100% agree on the vent thing, having someone to talk to will make it alot easier, and should reduce the chances of changeover mishaps too, as it means we can communicate outside of the 5 minute rest periods.

Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Competo 24 hour cup Reply with quote

DanTheMan wrote:

Excuse me and my kinda basic math like question.

Four people with a minimum of four hours is sixteen hours. Surely people have to do six hours each. Rolling Eyes

somebody doing four hours just means the other three pick up the tab, Dan.
I work nights anyway so playing the graveyard shift is no problem. Two guys could cover that period and hand over to the day shift later. Bboy is in a good position to partner the (European) darkness hours because to him it's only late afternoon/evening. Two guys over here are going to have to get up early Wink

Skin by Baino
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i = alive at night. dunno if im interested in this tho

Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tred wrote:
As for skins, I'd say the mad laps skins work well, certainly looked good on the TGP server earlier Wink

I could do a couple of twins (differently coloured skins same design) for the event if you'd like. btw the madlaps skin is horrendous I have no idea what I was thinking I might of had a meltdown.

Last edited by Baino on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baino wrote:
Tred wrote:

I could do a couple of twins (differently coloured skins same design) for the event if you'd like. btw the madlaps skin is horrendous I have no idea what I was thinking I might of had a meldown.

Horrendous is the name of the game at Mad Laps, keep it up Smile

@ Bboy- put us out of our misery, old chap, and select your cohorts. Then we can see about forming another team from the dregs.
GO MAD Laps & The Dregs(?)

Skin by Baino
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
@ Bboy- put us out of our misery, old chap, and select your cohorts. Then we can see about forming another team from the dregs.

well then, i'm thinking the first team will be myself, mid, tred, and reh.

looks like the team name will be MadLaps, the tag will be MAD, and unless baino wants to put together a new car or two, using the legends car is fine with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: