Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season 8 Races 1 & 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Season 8 Races 1 & 2 Reply with quote

Had to re-install an unused TM for the first time since before Xmas for a kick off so was a bit rusty (excuses already!)

Race 1: Got off to a distinctively average start as my extremely limited skills, which have become more accustomed to Gran Turismo, decided that they weren't even going to prove to be adequate. I fell off on the brow with the double pinch on lap 12 and managed to get back on where I fortunately spotted there was a recovery point in practise. Got back in and then on the next time round I rolled over the line and ended up turtled. I then quit and went on facebook Smile

Race 2: Was going ok and a bit of a psychotic circuit when my laptop froze briefly and came to again on the green stuff (not in that way) and on the wheels. Set off again and as I got back on the track, my laptop decided it was in a permanent tantrum and blue screened me. Therefore, I was unable to stay in the race after retiring, despite Dan's request we stay and Jawz's observation that "upside on cars on the tracks is lulz".

Sorry about my pityful excuse for a debut DC. Result of this report is Better Luck Next Time
SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race: First lap and i got spat off on the silly jump thing, luckily i landed on my wheels on the bottom, but on the grass, which ment with the place of the recovery point i had to do another lap. Luckily a lot **** up and i finished 10th which weren't too bad as i targeted a top 10 with the calibre of drivers competing.

Second race: I liked this one, had a great battle with beech for a lot of the time for 3/4th i cant remember. Then finger ache set in and i got bored, then dant came past like i weren't moving :ohmg: :ohmg: Ended up 5th which werent bad at all. Kept thinking to myself "you are jenson button, dont crash at any cost" and it seemed to work.

One thing i've learnt over the seasons is that is good to be fast, but better to not crash or scrape walls every few laps.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Won! Very Happy

Race 2: Turtled. Crying or Very sad
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came into this distinctly more rusty than the build up to S7, so I was very pleased with my top 10 results tonight. With such dangerous tracks I had such crazy races that it's hard to pick out any particular high points, but it's always good fun going wheel to wheel with the usual suspects (Jawz, Dan, Mid, previously Reh etc., you know who you are). Tough tracks, tight racing and a superb atmosphere both in chat and on Vent; all in all a great season opener.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1 - binned it on lap 6 didnt mind the track but dodgy corners meaning its easy to ruin your race .. and guess what i did

race 2 - Great race for me never came out of top 5 couple of scrapes here and there but kept it on the track which is the main thing .. was cruizing in 3rd for most of race seeing as former champ dant decided to crash a couple of times but near the end came through on lap 21/22 Very Happy great race with bob very consistant mate great racing all !
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race: I think directly after the start I battled with Dantski or Revo for 5th, eventually had to let them go as I couldn't keep up the pace of the top 4, so I had settled for a lonely race resulting in 5th. Then I noticed I was closing in on Revo eventually overtaking him, yay 4th ;d continued my way and was closing in Dantski and Sabre up to 0.3, Bboy was then all lonely in first place, seven seconds ahead of us three. Nooby me crashed though, so I was far behind Dant and Sabre again. 24th lap I see Bboy typing "fail", yay podium Very Happy

Second race: Sabre and Bboy both disappeared soon (first or second lap I think), then Dantski crashed too and I was left with Revo in the lead. Revo overtook me for a moment but eventually I could keep him about a second or two behind me. First Very Happy
ps Bboy you scared me when you unlapped yourself ;d was thinking huh who's that, where did he come from

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1 : After closing a popup too fast at the start (without reading) my Tm shut down and restarted in way worse graphics...after one hour of playing it decided to give me that warning exactly then - well, those things happen (if your pc and/or your connection sux ; most likely its both for me -.- ). So I played on something like 640x480 and lowest graphics possible with 10 seconds down at the start.
Anyhow I managed to get a grip of the game, at least I had no lag at all and pulled up to 7th or something - a position I'm pleased with in the first race. After 2 laps without changes in the positionings around mine, I made a stupid mistake at that downhill chicane ahead of that awesome jump. Found myself in 10th with 5 seconds lost and went slightly more risk but feared that chicane -.- ...so 3 laps later another head-on crash and this time I couldnt save anything but stumbled in the gap between house n track. Falling on my back on the green the race was over...16 laps done...

Race 2 : Started way better now, the game looked nicer than ever before and the track suited me very well - all the race I spend between 10th and 5th, got slightly angry as Dantski speeded along and left me without chance in 5th around lap 17 but hold on to secure a sixth place. Hard enough as one after the other and again Iffe and Bonobo attacked from behind. Last 3 laps went pretty well and I managed to stay in front - congrats to my teamie.

Looking forward to the next races as I wish to finish some races more than last season - question of permanence and consistency I suppose
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Started off shuffling the lead back and forth with Sabre, one of us would get a couple secs ahead then crash... Finally, ended up pulling away by a large margin by lap 18 or so. Lap 24, hit a curb and turtled it with a 7 second lead. Phooey.

Race 2: Took off in the lead... until the second turn on lap 2, where I smashed the inside barrier. Then going over the jump I managed to get a bug and my car didn't jump as far as it should have... throwing me onto the grass. Got back on track about 45 seconds down, and ended up fighting my way back up to 11th.
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crashed lap 6 1st race
2nd rAce nice battle with thro n cheese finished 9th

Dantski

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1

Definitely happier on this track but had a bit of a slow start. Picked off the guys using traction control to get upto 2nd about 5 laps in. After that had a relatively uneventful time and stayed 2nd through most of it. When Sabre was around me near the end I decided to take it easy instead of going gung-ho and turtling.

race 2

Really wasn't happy on this track and lost half a second on the weird tight right hander every lap. Had a decent start and was running with Moldo despite that soddin' corner. Twatted it once and lost 5 secs, couple laps later stuck in face first into the barrier. Had to go backwards for 5-10 secs so I'd make the jump and rejoined around 12-15th right behind Mark.

Climbed the field quickly although EVERYONE was faster than me on that one corner and on lap 20 finally gave up trying to slide the corner and it seemed faster (although had lots of near misses!). Got past beechy with a few laps left for 3rd. Forutnately missed the wall by millimetres on the last corner and kept it.

Noticed I clawed back 5+ secs on Moldo on last 10 laps Smile
C.o. Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both races mainly the same. Horrid start, come back to top ten, crash, lose minutes to look for a recovery point. Try to finish. Smile
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fell off the track in the first race, scooted around but couldn't find a way back on so rammed the track wall at speed and tumbled upright and ready to finish - that was lap 21. One lap later and the humpback jump swallowed me up and spat me out turtled Sad I get a Point for completing 80%.

Second race was close-timed, got a finish in 17th after some close calls.

Skin by Baino
THUG brixton inmate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: team BSI Reply with quote

when signing up for session i told myself no boring old me this year go for it ,and wat happerned back to old ways second race was better 10 laps it and started to go for it putting good times in for me anyway but to late to make an impression .next week going for it from off.but still had great time as aways at gp shame rest of team BSI didnt turn up or have team car thanks to swat.
Iffe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1:
Had a terrible first 2 laps in my GP debut Shocked
Multiple mistakes – especially on that uphill part where almost
everybody seemed to struggle.

Found myself in 24th on the 3rd lap and then decided to go slow up that
hill for the rest of the race – with a chance to see the goal line.
Was looking at a finish around 10th spot with 2 laps left – then someone in top 10 crashed taking me to the no.8 finish position.

Race 2:
Nice track with good speed and flow.

Started out in 5th place – then went wide to find myself in 9th.
Kept the speed going and from lap 10 and forward had a great race
with Yussuf and Bono for 6th – 8th.
In the end managed to pull of a 7th. Very happy about that Smile

But even happier to see the monkeys of PG Tips Racers on top of constructors championship Very Happy

Good race all.
revo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whee that was some intense stuff. Shocked

1st race: Veeery tricky track, decided to take it easy right from the get-go, just to try to drive to goal, and see who will turtle out of my way. Very Happy
Buut my taking it easy plan didnt really work, the track was very tough for my driving-style, so I had a ton of near turtle moments. Did two sommersaults, but with some über-luck always landed on me feet. Also did a little railing sliding on that big jump, but again the gods were in my corner and I dropped on the road, and not outside. Didnt really check who was driving in front or behind me (names turned off), just concentrated on my own drive.

2nd race: This one was much more to my liking, and again drove slow and carefull, this time it worked. Only had one touch to a wall in the corner after the goal, but other than that didnt have any problems. Yeah should have driven faster, but then I might had crashed or even trutled, so better safe than sorry. Twisted Evil Pains me a bit, that the 1st spot was so close, but that walltouch caused me about 1-2 secs so that was that. Also Moldo drove great. Cool

Luckily iffe drove very stable too, so we got some nice points. Razz
And dont worry Miksu, you´ll do better next week, this is some hard stuff Finn-boy. Very Happy
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1:

Phsyco track from the Boss, was cool, had good races, remember bit where Matt overtook me, we hit the boost together, i hit the thin bits on brow and then saw Matt sail over the edge. Also was flying great until the tenth lap, then, out of nowhere Dacheese started on about breasts again on vent, i ran straight into the chicane Sad, but pulled it back. Good result for my team with the places Smile

Race 2:

Had a really bad start, the walls were moving! Was catching up then faceplanted the second jump, luckily there was an escape ramp underneath (thx mark), had a mare catching up, I`d catch Mark up, then hit a wall, was a constant battle between 2-5 seconds behind until the final lap where i took him on the last corner, muhuhaha Twisted Evil

(p.s, Sorry Mark)
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AARGH
I thought the race was next week.
really really sorry thug :'(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotSWAT wrote:
AARGH
I thought the race was next week.
really really sorry thug :'(

ill bug you on xfire if youre not in the server next week xx

DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did actually mention breasts on Vent last night too, even if it was unintentional! Razz
Spam King

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
I did actually mention breasts on Vent last night too, even if it was unintentional! Razz

Did they just slip out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: