Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Races 6,7 & 8
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Races 6,7 & 8 Reply with quote

First two went smoothly enough, racing the boss and Matt as usual, grinding out a 9th and a 7th which I'm pleased enough with.

Third track turned out to be a bit of a lottery; I got an upside-down landing bug on the left-veer loop and actually survived with my nose pressed against the blue wall on the edge of the quarter pipe. Unfortunately it was stuck in cam 1 so I couldn't work out how to get all four wheels back on track and inevitably fell off.

Still, some decent team points for Team Spanky by the looks of things ... better luck next week.
Sabre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 6: Was near raging point after i had a landing bug on lap9? and fell off the track after leading for the whole race up to that point.

Race 7: some errors at the end of each lap rendered me having to go thru the finish backwards and going thru the pitstop (lol). Ended up 4th.

Race 8: Lead for the whole race, putting in some handy times including a 49.9 (Very Happy), had a minor hiccup on lap15 but still crossed the finish 6 seconds ahead of neme.

Overall a decent result over the whole night, after my early hiccup Laughing
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Had a rubbish couple of first laps but managed to claw my way back up to 13th had a good spell of about 5 laps midway through the race and started catching folks up, got myself up to 9th by the time the clock timed out.

Race 2: Did the exact same thing again cocked up the first two laps and was down in 28th but strung together some quick laps and got myself up to 13th by about lap 7, then had my flying lap and got myself up to 9th and stayed there until the end of the race.

Race 3: Was mildly terrified at the thought of this race but shouldn't have been too concerned it suits my style and had a good race with Skinbob and came home 7th.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1
Didnt go too well, kept crashing and losing speed on nem and dant. Eventually Sabre disappeared and dant did too, so i cruised round the last lap in 2nd place but cruised around a tad too easy and hit a wall right before a jump. Luckily the end timer was only 20secs so only 4 people managed to pass my turtled car. 6th place.

Race 2
Pretty smooth, couple knocks here and there, dant was behind me all race and i pulled away gradually. Took the last lap nice and smooth to get the win.

Race 3
Kept getting the landing wrong on the loop, found myself landing diagonally rather than flat, eventually it threw me off the track ending my race, didn't see the point in rejoining so I left.

GG's
MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: had just a few laps to practice because of the admin work and didnt have the best pace in the first laps, could improve. was somewhere behind yussuf when i got a major lag when jones rejoined so i fell down at the roof of the house (or whatever), could jump down at the track, but lost about one lap with that. finished ~21th, but i finished. (actually i didnt finish due to that short timeout time...--->80% rule?)

2: couldnt really keep up with the leaders, even though i liked the track. had again a big lag crash while jones' rejoining, but stayed on track. over the last five laps i had constantly 5 secs to yussuf in front and a certain distance to the guy behind me, i think it was bunsen. finished 6th.

3: had quite a nice battle with cheese. though i profited by certain retirements of others...got 3rd Smile

sry for that restart of race 1, the aseco window, the low driver limit while practice and the short timeout time of race 1.

in addition a have to compliment Tyrrell on having done a really good job, i think we are the team which scored most in these three races (more than elite-PHR!). in the first race rust and yus scored, in the second one yus and me, in the third rust and me. well done, exspecially yussuf's 2nd in race 1!
SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6) Not as fast as i thought i would be, but managed to come 8th which weren't too bad. Was pretty pleased to keep on the track.

7) Really couldn't get to grips with this track. Technically a nice track, but i couldn;t seem to find a nice rythm, so i turned off opponents and concentrated to make sure i didn't crash, in the end well pleased with 8th again!

Cool Loved this track. Although the time box thing at the top spoiled it a bit. So i turned off all the HUD and went for it. Spent a lot of laps battling with spanky which was great fun. Finished 6th in the end so really happy!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
YussuF

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Reh Embarassed Very Happy

Race 1 : Went quite well, didnt make any mistakes and located somewhere around 6th halfway through the race. Then the guys in front of me disappeared one after the other and Voices came from behind and catched me in the last lap where we had a head-to-head finish. I won and got 2nd Laughing

Race 2 : I couldnt find any flow during the warmup on that track so i didnt expect much and crashed twice in the first lap. Somehow I managed to recover quickly and get to love the chicane in the middle where I didnt loose time at the top at all Shocked . Had nice short fights with Reh and Sabre (first won, second lost) and finished comfortably in 5th Very Happy

Race 3 : Quite a nice hard fast n whatever track that suited me very well. Drove consistently at around 7ish and flew out at the top u turn where's that wall missing...lack of concentration, mission failed - game over in lap 6 Rolling Eyes . Couldnt argue due to nice races before anyway and Rustray n Reh were doing quite fine Smile

GG's
Dantski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1

Was doing something then at 7:50 I remember about GP's, rushed to finish and made it with 2 mins to spare

Race 2 (or the real first race)

2 laps of practice for a track that suited me perfectly, was solid in top 4 for most of the race and inherited 1st eventually. On the jump I went too far right and spilled onto the grass. After going around the swimming pool I recovered for 21st or something.

Race 3 (cough race 2)

Got a dozen laps of practice in but couldn't get a rhythym. Somehow the race went ok and got 2nd comfortably (slowed over the line which makes Nemesis look closer!)

Race 4

Again only about 2 laps of practice. 2nd lap I don't move left enough in loop and end up on the grass again. After recovering 55 secs down on Sabre, I'm a little ahead of Nemesis on the track. Anyhoo 23 laps later I finish around 9th and 50 secs down on 1st, so I definitely had the pace to win.
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) steady race should have finished a bit higher though, mistakes creaping in after lap 9.

2) nice twisty track, new the problem would be the black roof and fell off first lap there, luckily landed on the track, everybody then jumped over the top of me, so lap down straight away. finished 23 rd

3) the loop was gonna get me here and it did about lap 4, never went far enough right and nose dived to the grass, along with about 5 overs lol,
landed upright rejoined and finished 14.

reh dont be so harsh on yourself about all the little bits, you hosted 3 mad laps gp's on your server and done the admin yourself, without any hitch's.
we got to do new tracks, and was a enjoyable night, thank you Wink
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPS-Reh wrote:
sry for that restart of race 1, the aseco window, the low driver limit while practice and the short timeout time of race 1.

Nothing to apologise for Reh, you helped us out at very short notice and it's much appreciated.

The points will be issued as if everyone finished that was beyond 90% distance, I'll have to tell Moldo that as well Laughing
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how you brainiacs remember three races Confused
So I'll just say Fred, SkinBob, Marks and others made it a very enjoyable meeting with some hardass racing in the midfield.
Super tracks, I can't wait to see them on our own server, it's been broken long enough
Legendary work by Reh, DC and probably other unseen hands made it possible - thanks fellas.

Skin by Baino
SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
MPS-Reh wrote:

Nothing to apologise for Reh, you helped us out at very short notice and it's much appreciated.

The points will be issued as if everyone finished that was beyond 90% distance, I'll have to tell Moldo that as well Laughing

Could not agree more here, reh you did a stand up job. People may have moaned about the records window, etc but we were all in the same boat so it was fair! Thanks again reh!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
C.o. Jones

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... Rolling Eyes

R1: I was doin fine until lap 8 then crashed out of the track and turtled.

R2: Even it was my own track, I was send flying in lap 2, rejoined and still manage to get a point. Cool

R3: Crashed in the first lap could keep me on the track but allready got a fall back off 20 sec. Start chasing and got back up to 4th, then got a bug landing in the loop wich send me of flying again. I felt a bit pissed about it cause i came back from far.

Overall I am satisfied cause had a great time. Very Happy

Also wanna give a BIG THANK YOU to Reh for putting up the GP's on the server.
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r1: cant remnember now O.o
r2: cant remember this either
r3: flew off the loop early on Sad

DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Yeah went ok, did my usual thing of falling down the pack at the start and clawing my way back up. Not sure where I was when time was up - 7th? 9th? It was a top 10 and that's what matters.

Race 2: Must admit I wasn't sure about GPing Rawthentic, but once I started concentrating on the track I was glad I took the gamble. Unfortunately when I was getting into it I went off. It's easy to blame lag when you go off but that's what happened to me. I was heading for the second corner at speed when I got a half-second or so of lag and by the time I was back in control the car was ready to hop over the wall. These things happen!

Race 3: Apologies for the loop, when you build a track and nobody else has seen it you don't discover any obvious car breakers. Next time Mark or Matt can expect to see what I've built. For most of the race I was battling Reh for third, much like the battle for second on Skyhook parkway in season 6. Reh passed me and made it stick so kudos to him. Revenge must be sweet! Aseco's lap records box made the uphill 180 hard to judge but that's nobody's fault.

I'll take a look at the loop for the server version, but I've no idea when it'll be possible to get these in rotation. Thanks Reh and the MPS guys for getting us out of a tight spot, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wanted to do completely new tracks.
Spam King

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we got to see some new tracks. Your's, Cheese, looked great! (shame about the loop!)

Race 1: Was going well in mid field...ended well in mid field.

Race 2: Crashed! Cant remember much of it now...

Race 3: Track looked great but that loop was a pain. Messed it up on the first lap and had to rejoin as couldnt immediately find a recovery route (lesson here is to put a recovery route near the most difficult bit of the track Wink. Managed to make up a few places to mid field until I fell off that top corner with the rolling over side on it. 2 laps left wasnt enough to recover and was about 30 secs behind dean.

Bloody James May and his Scalextric shananigans, thats what I blame!! Evil or Very Mad
Dantski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheeze the loop is fine I crashed purely because I had very little practice and was careless.
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
Cheeze the loop is fine I crashed purely because I had very little practice and was careless.

bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Cheese I hope I wasn't being critical of the loop or the track. IA little bit of a "random" element (even though it's no such thing) can punish players of any level. I think that because there was no way you could do it at 90 degrees, there was always going to be one wheel hitting the pipe first, which would probably be manageable at lower speeds but at such a rate of knots could quite easily send you flying off at an unexpected angle. I did like the track. I actually liked the Aseco lap timer too; it made the race more interesting. I wish there were more useful stats in the game, especially split times to the cars ahead and behind that don't require mental arithmetic to work out if you're gaining or dropping.
Dantski

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have to say I liked the aseco timer as it showed people doing quick laps which was interesting if they were 2-3 secs behind you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: