Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Races 3,4,5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Races 3,4,5 Reply with quote

Race 3: NYC
After the problem with the track uploads it was decided upon that we'd use older tracks. Why oh why did I pick one I'm really crap at.

Race 4: Cavil Cove 07
Great track which I managed to screw up the first 8 laps of, dropped down to 24th managed to climb up to 14th robbing poor Large on the line after battling with him and Invictus for about 6-7 laps.

Race 5: Over the river
Another great track which made for some very very close racing, think I managed to bring her home in 8th after a fair old tussle with umpteen racers for the last 5 laps.

Thanks for being patient everyone, the server controller problem was something that Myself, Cheese or mad couldn't fix and the people at Eek are going to sort it today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 3: NYC
Gently does it ... no silly moves ... don't try to copy bboy's wall bang at the end of the s/f straight ... make the obligatory stupid error on lap 1 and fall back to 28th ... drive sensibly for a 10th.

Race 4: Cavil Cove
I lovely, smooth, technical track, which suits my driving style (OK, the only track that suits my driving style) - the double descending 90-degree slides are a joy to drive, and I somewho managed a respectable 5th.

Race 5: Over the river
After finishing 10th, then 5th, it was logical that the in the next race I'd finish 0th, and sure enough I finished nowhere. Many silly mistakes, particularly just before the gradient to the s/f line where momentum is essential, did it for me. I think I was 19th, but it was hard to see through the red mist.
Dantski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3: Always going to crash in 2 places on this track and did so. Pace wasn't great but a fairly comfortable 3rd.

R4: The 2nd GP I ever drove was on this (Tailgrind next week please!) but its such a difficult track to get right. Was as fast as anyone round every corner except 1 where I lost 0.3 every lap to the leaders. After Bboy and Stevie removed themselves was in a battle with Sabre for 1st on lap 14 when my car flew over the barrier on the wallbang. Landed on my wheels and recovered to 21st.

R5: Did more practice laps than anyone but really struggled with consistency. Slowly moved up the field and had a nice view or Sabre + Voices crashing simultaneously (Stevie too for that matter). Was as quick as Bboy but couldn't do it every lap so got 2nd.
SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3: My best ever finish of 7th i think it was. Loved the track and everything seemed to go well!

R4: Again everything was going right, but a few silly crashes on the last few laps and i finished 9th. But still a good result i thought!

R5: Disaster. First corner and i fell off the side. I must remember to turn opponent cars off for the first lap or so as to be honest i couldn't tell which car i was going into the bend.

Overall, very pleased. Considering its my first gp i dont think i started too bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was epic tired

race 5: flat track...with few long bends n straights, i found myself shuttingmy eyes as a result i finished something like 23

race 6: not flat, few bends, was more alert now, tho at start was still abit sleep and drpped back to 25th at one stage, towards end few good laps saw me finish 11th

race 7: im fully alert, and was battling for 10th?-17th with a bunch towars end, was rather fun, chhese was level-ish with me last lap but at end was 4 places ahead.

Sabre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3: start, kept a nice pace, kept up with stevie and bboy, waiting for them to make mistakes (which stevie did). I only had a few small-scale crashes and ended up 2nd behind bboy.

R4: A quite big crash at the start rendered me near the bottom of the pack, 4 seconds off the pace, after lap1. I had to put in some fast laps, if i wanted to catch up. Luckily for me BBoy and Stevie both made huge errors, and by the end i ended up 1st after a battle with Dant.

R5: A nice start, was in a podium position behind stevie (who made another mistake and left) and bboy. A few errors in the mistakes in the middle of the race meant i ended up in 5th, but recovered to 3rd by the end.
C.o. Jones

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3: Was doin good until like the tenth lap someone left, gave me screenfreeze at a crucial point. Lost my pace made a few mistakes but was still able to come in 5th. Verry happy with the result, especially that i finished^^

R:4 During warm up couldnt find the pace. The race started and still looking for the race line, about six laps passed then got it a bit, could climb up to a seventh place.

R5: was going great was closing in on Bboy until lap 7 or 8 then begon to get sloppy. Got passed by Dantski, then got delusional and start chasing as a mad man Laughing . Result: piling up slight mistakes, and falling back place by place. At the end could keep it back together so I could manage to finish 5th.

Overall pretty satisfied. And also happy that I could score some points for the team.
MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. the style of the track is in a way quite similar to old MPS tracks or those on the RFR server. (uuuh, i said the evil word) i should have been very good at this one...well, i think i would have been, but unfortunately i had some lag caused crashes. could get c.o. jones in the third third of the race though, finished 4th.

2. didnt know how to take these 90° corners, lost a few tenths there every lap, so i did in the hairpin. i had no chance to keep up with the leaders, which were just sabre in the end, finished 2nd luckily with a small but secure advance on elano/vox. no big lags.

3. early crash, found myself at 18th. could slowly get up to 7/8/9 and could minimize the distance on invictus in the later laps, but could not reach him before finish.

unfortunately rustray got invalid times in all three races and yussuf was doing his secret job at the spanky tech factory using the absence of the employees, so no big points for tyrrell this time.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was plagued this week by problems actually getting my car on track for practise. The game kept sticking me in Spec. I realised on the last race that presing the equivalent of Enter on my 360 pad to skip the intro was probably to blame. So bear in mind for next season, if you make a GP track, no intro please! This season we probably have more than enough tracks now we've had to do old ones and fortunately none of the new ones come to mind as having intros.

Anyway, this week. I don't think i've driven that badly for quite a while. Lots of walls to hit and when you're battling someone for position on track you can lose 5 places or more with one scrape against a wall. Still, that's what GPs used to be like! We don't build 'em like that any more, new tracks are often more forgiving and that's probably a good thing. Great racing from everyone made a less than ideal situation work out fine so sorry about that and hopefully things will be back to normal for next week's races.
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah did forget to say we won't (shouldn't) need to use any old tracks for the rest of the GPs.

The MTCC if it runs again will use old tracks rather than new ones though.
KCMG

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 3: This track hates me and likes to see everything go as baddly wrong as possible ... practice went brilliantly, found my best line into the 1st corner was a tricky and risky slide going left then right to get sideways enough, only got it slightly wrong once in practice. In the race it failed everytime often baddly, costing me tons of time, fast enough everywhere else, got 14th

Race 4: nice gentle race, saddly wasn't really quick enough to challenge at all but very few mistakes gave me a safe 4th letting me enjoy a gentle last lap

Race 5: (1st GP ever here =D (also 1st mad laps gp i think)) last time here finished 2nd to bboy, didn't expect that again but enjoyed a fun race with a few good battles, can't complain about another 4th

5 races, 3 top 10s, 2 top 5s, nice to see MV back on the way up
Belial

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fairness, not very pleased.

Looked as if it was another non event race that didnt count to the GP as I was told it would not be sorted out until the next day.

Got a bit peeved that the first race was restarted as I was 2 seconds from the end only to be told it was a warm up. So left.

Maybe it will be better next week
Bonobo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Lagged out
Race 2: Lagged out
Race 3: Lagged out

Got on the phone and cancelled my broadband and ordered from a different provider, oh and told Richard Branson where to shove his broadband... Mad Mad Mad

Bonobo...
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonobo wrote:
oh and told Richard Branson where to shove his broadband... Mad Mad Mad

Bonobo...

I've just done that i've now got broadband THAT WORKS!!!!!!!!
So up yours Dicky Laughing

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkas
сайтсайт
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: