Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S7 Races 1 & 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dantski

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: S7 Races 1 & 2 Reply with quote

Everyone likes to tell their stories!

Race 1: Never happy with the track in warmup and drove a sensible pace throughout, others crashing more meant I led in the last lap but then binned it as I let chat distract me. 2nd was more than I'd hoped for though. Voices got 6th I think and debs had 1 lap left.

Race 2: Not happy but little more confident on this. Drove cautiously first 5 or so laps until track ahead was clearer on the fast section, then spent most of the race a second ahead of Nem until he chucked it in the scenery and gave me an easy run to 3rd. Voices didn't do so well this time and debs was 1 lap away from finishing again

Tracks were good this week, just not to my taste.
StevieM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt like the tracks too much in warmup but went suprisingly well in the races, well one anyway

1st race
Close battling with dant and nem early on, managed to pull away mid race and stretched a 17-18 sec lead untill lap 24 got distracted by someone joining the server and found myself flying off the track backwards, unable to recover.

2nd race
Led from start to finish, only a couple small taps and on bad crash though. Stretched the lead from bboy lap by lap, extra cautious last few laps after what happened first race

Good days racing, shame about the first race as i could easily have had both wins, wp to sabre and invict for their efforts too
Elano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Had an awful start, crashing midway through the first lap on the uphil section, so lost loads of time. Think I was around 30/31sts at one point.

Had to claw back the positions til I got into the top 10 where progress was slower, best I managed was overtaking cojones into 7th and pulling in on voices in 6th, but then I crashed again, and ended up 8th I think.

Race 2: Didnt have massive crashes, but couldn't settle into the map until the 10th lap or so, was hovering around the 12th spot mark, until the track evened out a bit and I started over-taking people in front. Had an epic battle for 6th spot with Yussuf, Rio and Invictus that lasted a fair few laps as we were all within a second or two of each other, before I managed to pull away and secure 6th.

Good start for HMP Young Offenders Very Happy
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New skins, tough tracks and laggy first laps. It can only mean one thing; a new season of Formula Mad!

Race 1: made a pretty bad start if I'm being honest. Ended up 23rd after a few laps I think? Eventually I got some heat into the tyres and charged up through the pack towards the top 10. Rubbed a few walls and did a lot of swearing on Vent as each time I lost places, but kept battling on until a fight with Jawz and Baino for the last 2-3 laps. Eventually got past them (took Jawz half way round on lap 25!), then went over those big crests towards the finish badly and messed up my run into the next bend, allowing Jawz through - bugger! Pleased with 9th, would've loved 8th.

Race 2: a faster track, you'd think this'd be my kind of track. It was to an extent, but I wasn't consistent. Immediately noticed after the start that everyone was running wide for more speed in the 2nd or 3rd bend (I forget which) and gradually had to adjust my line. I think a lot of drivers started badly here because I got to 7th or so, but kept falling and falling until 14th. Mustn't grumble, there's 35 cars on track this time!

Roll on next week.
Spam King

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both races were distracted by James May making a giant Spitfire airfix...oops!

Race one: Went fine aat around 10th place until I let the TV take too much of my attention from that silly ditch bit where you face planted the uphill, and if you were at even a slight angle, you were speared off the track sideways in mid air! I quickly found the recovery route, but discovered that you had to jump into the track to get going again. After this I was 25th but a few dropped out and in the remaing laps I think I gained back almost 10 places.

Race 2: Consistently worse than the first. Couldnt dial n and then just generally sucked for the whole thing. Roll on next week!!
Bonobo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what can i say lol....

The first race went very well for me, first 6 or so laps i held onto 4th then slipped down to 5th for a few laps then slid right down to 8th i think, kinda got caught snoozing and woke up and charged to the line for 5th, well chuffed Very Happy

Second race didn't go so well, slid right down from about the 3rd corner to 16th, couldn't believe it as i thought i was going to have better pace on this track, managed to fight nail and tooth all the way back upto 9th so ended up pleased with my result.

Sorry to see my fellow team mates Mark & Fred at the back, would of been a bagful of points but there's always next week...

Come on Team KMT !!! WooHoo !!!
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Race started, found myself 2nd behind Stevie, got to the lead within a lap and kept it there for... not very long. After a couple laps my game froze up and I walled it, setting me 2 seconds back from the top 4, in 5th. Spent the next couple laps slowly gaining on the leaders and made it to 4th until I walled it again. Spent the rest of the race running a pace only equaled by Stevie, but would crash everytime I got near Dant and Nem. Lap 22 Nem crashed and I got into 3rd. Lap 24, Stevie flies off and I'm now 2nd, 3.2 seconds back on Dant. Got within 2.4 seconds of Dant when I saw his car riding the wall. Led the last half a lap and won by 7 seconds.

Race 2: Took off 3rd behind Stevie and Sabre, until Sabre crashed. Managed to keep the gap with Stevie to about 1 second for 4-5 laps, then I got the curb and was sent flying into the wall. Spent the rest of the race by myself in 2nd place.
SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too bad for me. I was semi pleased as it was my first gp.

Race 1: Seemed to be doing ok. Took the first few laps slowly as I didn't wanna embarass myself or let the team down. Managed to climb up to 12th which i was pleased with, would have been even more pleased with the top 10.

Race 2: Absolute disaster, crashed on the first corner, from then on it was constand wall banging all the way. I couldn't seem to get a rythm with the track. After 15 laps or so tho i started to speed up and catch people and ended up 23rd i think. Which i thought weren't too bad considering the amount of crashes.

I think next gp im locking the door and not letting anyone in. I was constantly getting bugged by the mrs and the dog lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1+2 same story - slow off the grid, steady away, picked up some places, lost them again, got a bit sloppy, finished 20th.

I was running with cars off for a change, didn't trust myself to let fly, but I was so far off the pace without a sight of the rest of the cars. Next week I'll race with them on for the extra zip. Great tracks, thanks for the efforts to admins and organisers Smile

Skin by Baino
YussuF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a nice start into the season, although I could've started better Rolling Eyes . Felt well in the warmups, enjoyed the tracks and thanked god there wasn't a nasty jump in it Laughing

Race 1: Then I got off to start and felt that I was a little bit too slow , found myself in 12th after four laps and didn't like the position (in german soccer league, there's a team called Hannover 96, which is my favourite. They're around 12th all the time and I'm not content with that either ), so I took some more speed , enjoyed the risk and flew out in the lap after Confused . Anyways I've had luck to land on my froody tires and went for the recovery route. As I noticed there wasn't a direct tarmac way back, I finally jumped on the road again...found myself in 34th Cool Laughing .
As there was nothing to loose I tried to keep a straight line and not to loose so much time by not falling off the track. Ended luckily deserved in 11th (or something around that).

Race 2: After that first race I wanted to get in the Top 10 right from the start and just stay there without doing stupid things. Mistakeless I went onwards to lap ~8 where I had a comfortable standing at 6th - in astonishment without any sign of Reh around me. So I thought I gotta make some big points for Tyrrell as Rustray was quite fairly settling in the mid-tens. A lack of concentration caused in a silly mistake, which caused silly nervousness which caused the next mistake and so on til suddenly there were Elano, Rioralle and Invictus directly in my back and leaving me behind because of the next wall in my way Confused . So I pulled myself together to catch Ralle and Invictus before the race was over - shame that Elano was already too far away. Pleased with 7th in the end Smile

Looking forward to the results (thanks in advance Moldo Wink ) and next week Twisted Evil
C.o. Jones

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I liked both tracks. Even for a moment I got good pace during warm up. I thought it might go well. Surprised

Then the first race started and i got away good. Until I made a mistake, from then on I started to doubt my consistancy, resulting a couple laps later in a crash, landed of track; Race finished.

The second race I couldnt keep up the pace, I dropped places every lap. I was driving badly, although i did my best, never could get the pace I had during warm up. I was struggling more with myself then I was racing, Confused resulting in a zillion wall touches, wich the last one bounced me on my back. Race over.

Even thru I had a hard time. It was fun to participate. Looking forward to the next race, Where I gonna try to finish a race and maybe even score some points. Wink
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to use the two Dan tracks he gave me on the qt at the last minute but they brought out some pretty good racing I thought, thanks for those Dan.

Race 1: Had a shocker, while telling Cheese on Vent ooh I've managed to do two laps without crashing, I crashed and 11 people went past me dropping me to 27th. Fought my way back as I always do up to 11th, then with a lap to go battered the second last turn and dropped to 16th.

Race 2: Track was bit more to my driving style (wildly inconsistent) started well got up to 8th for a few laps then had a couple of bad crashes and dropped to 14th, managed to get back to 12th then some poor sod crashed on the last corner and I got 11th.
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a really bad week
First race got settled in nicely was not overly smooth then mistakes crept in caught the chicane corner on lap 15 and the car just flipped.

Second race
Mistakes straight from the start, now what mid was saying with cars off it's harder because you have nothing to go at.
Was 2 laps down when the top boys finished, watched fred hit the last corner on lap 25 and rolled straight over the side.
Really felt for you teamie, well played bonobo first race awesome result, keep bringing the points home.
Hopefully better results from now on
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race : slow start - picked it up abit then i guesss ask or referto cheeses post Very Happy

2nd race: slow start, picked it up abit then the last few lapsbattled with cheese again

MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race1: start was ok, even though i had to find my way up to 7th. then just vox and bonobo were within reach, could get them until halftime. the advance i got on bonobo about 5 laps before finish got small because of some crashes, but bonobo seemed to do the same, i could finish 7 secs earlier then. though i could profit by the failure of stevie and sabre, finished 4th.

race2: started very well, guess i was about 2nd keeping bboy&nem behind me, which surely could have changed, but i was faster flying off the track stopping upside down in lap 5. very unlucky since i seemed to have a very good pace.

in the end big thanks to baino for the car support, tyrrell had the chance to choose the best of spanky tech, GMR (cheese let me take a look at his documents while MTCC) and our own developing stuff Smile
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: fairly clean race, slowly got faster as the race went along, few mistakes here and there, majorish one towards the end cost me 5th. although happy with 6th

Race 2: crashed 1st sector :31st. dreadful dreadful race. couldn't find any real pace till last 5-10 laps. around 5 laps to go in 25th (thinking that only top 20 scored points) messed up the last corner having got to 20ish. but somehow still got 20th. slight recovery to a bad race.

Tracks seemed to have a low dnf rate this week, would be nice for a killer next week Very Happy
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPS-Reh wrote:
car support...GMR (cheese let me take a look at his documents while MTCC)

I don't recall this, must have been after a wild night out...

Voices wrote:
Tracks seemed to have a low dnf rate this week, would be nice for a killer next week Very Happy

I'd best get to work then Twisted Evil ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Had a good start, kept up with the leaders and capitalised when Nemesis in 1st made an error, as i was playing risky to try and consolidate my lead, i overturned. Race over.

Race 2: Very shaky start, on Lap 3 i went into the wall causing me to drop to 13th or so, after another promising start, For rest of GP i was playing catch-up, clocking some quite quick laps and after an error by neme on the 24th lap, i overtook him and finished in a very respectable 4th.
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkas
инфоинфо
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: