Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season 7 teams, sign ups etc etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkinBobUk wrote:
To be honest i dont really know too many people who play often enough, bar those allready signed up lol.

Shadowfax? (haven't seen him in a while but hey I'm not that active either
And what about the return of Dutchy or C3b?
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchy can't do tues eve i've emailed C3b

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update the third member of team git is C3b

SkinBobUk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!

Do we all have to have matching cars or summits? This will be my first gp on mad laps so im not 100% sure on the rules, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
c3b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! It`s been a while since i raced the Mad Laps GP`s and it`s going to be real fun..Thanks for asking me SoSteve..it`s great to be a part of Team Git Very Happy
MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see you back, c3b Smile
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give my thoughts on the respawns/norespawns in GP as i had decided not to compete in season 7 because i got so fed up of not finishing in season 6 . This is a purely personal view , if you come off in a gp you immediatley suffer a penalty (time wise) in the process of re-spawning but your still in with a chance of finishing albeit further down the field.I may have played this game for a long time but i still am always making mistakes, after last season i came close to packing it in altogether.. so i urge you to re-consider on respawns surely the more finishers the better and i.m sure it wont effect who wins and who doen't. Spanky asked me to take part in season 7 and i'm going to respawns or not,and i,m looking forward to it ,i just hope it's not as frustrating as last season Smile

Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I can see where your coming from Steve it can be very annoying to sit out races after crashing so how's about this for an idea, we could reduce the number of checkpoints on a track. It would create a reasonable punishment for crashing and allow those that crash to continue racing for points. We could have 2 cp's on a large tack and only the start/finish checkpoint on short tracks it would mean that the track builders would need to create two versions of each track, one for normal use and one for the GP's but hopefully it would be just a case of taking out the cp's after the tracks been built?

Is it any good as a way forward because I'm sure we don't want to see anyone pulling out of the GP's especially someone as long standing as Steve.

Also thanks for coming forward to share your thoughts steve it's much easier to have a debate over the rules if everyone makes their thoughts heard. If your lurking out there reading this, make a post and get your views heard.
YussuF

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't wanna spoil the debate or something, but I think especially for the top-ten guys in a GP, the disabled respawn's add a lot to the excitement. Even if guys like Bboy get an advantage of about 50 points after two weeks in the general standings, they're still catchable because they can turtle or fly out. If there's a respawn, the results of the first ten drivers are more predictable as they are yet.

On the other hand, drivers will go for more risk if there are enabled respawns. So respawning could cost them time they normally don't loose if they dont respawn and drive more carefully. But - if they after all still don't need a respawn but drove risky as hell, the finishing of those at the end of the field gets even harder.

Conclusional I like disabled respawns and wouldnt tell you to turn them on again , but I understand your problem sosteve Confused

well, just my personal thoughts conferring respawns - I dont care so much , I'd drive the season with respawns as well Very Happy
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't take more risk if I knew the respawns are on, I'd just be happy I could respawn and go on if I crashed

With respawn, a big crash will make you lose a few positions, without respawn a big crash will take you out of the race, either way the tables will be pretty much the same in my opinion - not entirely predictable but you can expect certain names at the top.
I guess you shouldn't decide on yes or no respawns by looking at what will least benefit the top, but at what most benefits the slower drivers
actual speed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last night on R-350 Sabre was quicker than me, sure, but he respawned 3-4 times. I was taking it easy to acclimatise for the new rules *cough.
He tapped out eventually when he realised he'd ran out of time to pass me yet again.
Conclusion: steady does it for Season 7 if you want to score points every week.

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moldo wrote:
I guess you shouldn't decide on yes or no respawns by looking at what will least benefit the top, but at what most benefits the slower drivers

There is that as well.

Personally speaking I doesn't bother me it's turned off. However, Mad Laps GPs are not just catering for those who win all the time the series has to cater to those at the other of the classification as well and if all those people lose interest or decide to do something else then we're doing those people a disservice.

Looks like we'll be starting with no respawns that doesn't mean we can't look at it again after a few races.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally for me the GP’s are better with the respawns switched off, I know I’m not one of the fastest racers but I’m consistent and do not crash often.

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
Looks like we'll be starting with no respawns that doesn't mean we can't look at it again after a few races.

I think the season should start as It means to go on,... Changing the system part way through would be silly and I for one would most certanly pull out!!
StevieM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whens the first race?
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Homer wrote:
I for one would most certanly pull out!!

That's your decision.

StevieM wrote:
Whens the first race?

Tuesday night 8.00pm on Eek
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will the new password be pm-ed to all Participating.

if needed send me new password and i will pm all those named on the list.
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark-s wrote:
will the new password be pm-ed to all Participating.

if needed send me new password and i will pm all those named on the list.

I've not thought one up yet, but it will be short and sweet so as to avoid spelling mistakes but still obscure enough non participants can't get it by a fluke.
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody's still needing a team skin and doesn't have the inclination to do one themselves just let me know I've got half a dozen lying around.
StevieM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could do with one, Preparation H Racing. Got one that fits?

Smile
Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have something in a lovely pink. I'll get it all sorted and send it tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: