Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GPs 13 & 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: GPs 13 & 14 Reply with quote

A set of awesome races this week that made up completely for last week’s horror story...

Race 1: My kind of track so I was quietly confident. Had a good start making up a lot of places in the first two corners only to rub the wall on the outside before turn 3. This put me back to about 18th but on a track this fast you’re almost guaranteed to make some places up and once I got going I managed to work back through the field to about 5th. What followed was a mad session of trading places with Mid, Voices and Dan. Was sorry to see Mid’s FMS6 in the barrier but wasted no time in making my lead over Dan and Voices stick. Finished 3rd in the end and very pleased about it.

Race 2: I’ve realised starting is not my strong point. Ended up in 11th in the first few laps. Spent the first ten laps locked in wheel-to-wheel combat with Yus, trading places at least twice a lap until he vanished from my sector times area mysteriously. Over the next few laps I caught Matt, Dan and Voices. Fought for position for the final 10 laps and came out in 8th. Annoyed that Matt went through on one of the last few laps but passed Voices on the final lap so things didn’t turn out too badly.

Some great performances from the green and yellow cars this week, looking forward to the season finale next week now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1:
Lap 1: 3rd corner, curb on inside grabs my backwheel, nearly flips me off track.
lap 2: hit one of the walls pretty hard head on
lap 3: was actually clean
lap 4: another wall head on
lap 5: decide to do abit of free falling, hit grass on my roof, bounce land up right way, off to a recovery point.

by this time im 2 mins behind 22nd or something, bout 30 secs behind debs,

i decide chat off, opponent cars off

rest of race followed this pattern of few laps smooth, then a wall or curb decides to try end my race.

i was pleasently suprised to find myself 10th when i turned it all back on, and not last of the ones still moving Smile

race 2, curbs still tried to ruin it for me but slower speed meant they couldnt ruin it, first 10 laps i was with ppl, first few laps, matt dtm and cheese, then around lap 10 i was with midden, but rest of race saw me alone, bout 10 secs behind the pack infront and id say 5-10 ahead of behind.

both races finished 10th, happy with this all things considering.

DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to put the evo back on, and it worked for better racing

Race 1, Battling with mid,cheese and voices, then a great big corner decided to jump out of nowhere and fishtail me like a yank copper, cheese and voices vanished into the mist of graphical extent, managed to pull back some time on voices, turned the spam filter back on and saw it was lap 25, no chance of a pass. happy with 5th

Race 2, Battling with cheese and voices, strange that, hit a wall 2nd lap, lost 3 places, managed some better lines and caught voices again, then saw matt, did a lap, matt fought a wall, looked like he was gonna knock it`s block off, the wall fought back and kicked his ass, passed voices at same point on about lap 20, then saw elano, turned spam filter on, last lap again, elano kicked the wall, wall punched him in face, i passed luckily on penultimate corner for a 4th, happy again. Very Happy
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I've been mentioned in everyone's review so far...reflection of a turbulent week for me...

Race 1: Got off to a great start and was in the lead until Bboy inevitably got me halfway round the lap. Then on lap 2 I must have forgotten that the big jump's landing pad was directly straight rather than at a slight angle, clucked the wall and rolled. Quit and re-joined from dead last. Put my foot down and started overtaking about halfway thtough. Bboy finished with me having 4 laps to go and Good Homer was infront by 30ish secs in 12th. Didn't think it would be possible to catch him but on the penultimate corner I spotted him and went straight past to grab a vital extra point in a close battle in the drivers table.

Race 2: About halfway round I was comfortably sitting in 5th until I fought a wall and it fought back, kicking my ass in the process. This let Dan through who, after a couple of laps, decided to have his own argument with the scenery which clearly turned out to be a bit more solid on the inside of a corner than he expected. He then sat there for a while debating with it and I went back past. I then hit a wall again and let Dan, Voices and DC through dropping me from 5th to 8th. Got back on it and turned opps off as there was some heavy traffic around. Was chasing Cheese down and saw that it was close until I got him on the last lap and Voices also disappeared although wasn't watching him so didn't notice until after the race.
Dantski

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you should get 0 pts for rolling Matt.

Race 1 - Was rubbish at this track so drove slowly for 15 laps and Bboy's crashing kept the gap to 5 secs, I then picked up speed and dropped another 30 secs over the next 10 laps with some nosegrinds. 2nd was my goal though so it was ok

Race 2 - Easily my worst race of the year, couldn't find any rhythym and the 2nd quick left hander kept catching me out. Was down to 5th or 6th after 5 laps and slowly battled my way upto elano and Reh, after trading places for a while eventually put 5-6 decent laps together and got 5 secs clear. At lap 23 everyones times + cars disappeared and had a major crash. Went over the finish having no clue where I finished and even took a screenshot of my time in case my TM had crashed. Think I hung onto 2nd
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Was terrified of the track but didn't have one really bad fright until lap 24 when SoSteve said "ooooooh ooh oooooh you lucky boy" as I hit the chicane at the top of the hill after the boost vaulted in the air and did a full 1080 spin. Yussuf went past and I had a lap to get 8 secs back, I could only manage 7 of those 8 seconds so finished 7th.

Race 2: Loved the track was consistently lapping top 10 times in all the practice was in the top 6 for the first three laps then my racing line and cajones to really cut into the corners disappeared and I just kept hitting stuff lap after lap after lap, finished 15th.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it this week Smile, didn't finish, but close enough!! ( at least i didn't fall off or turtle Razz)
hats off to the track builders Very Happy
Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tracks but let's not discuss the races. Embarassed
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baino wrote:
Great tracks but let's not discuss the races. Embarassed

Yeah I noticed that, you obviously never read the SpankyTech welcome pack and I quote

Page 3 (after the naked burds)

No SpankyTech driver shall ever retire from a grand prix unless

He cannot move the car into the path of a GMR machine
He cannot remove the car from the scenery that he planted it in trying to hit a GMR machine
He has run out of ammunition
He has run out of fuel
He is leading the race with the boss in second place then in all cases the Skipper gets the win.

You better find one of those applies sonny jim or you'll be driving in the 1600cc rally cup with the fattest smelliest cockney I can find as co driver (the fat and smelly is bad but who can tolerate that bloody accent)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fuel one isnt an option, we whould learn to go freddy flintsone, side by side to stop anyone getting by Wink

Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I planted it in the scenery on the first one and should of seen it as you were right behind me. As for the second lets not discuss it. Embarassed
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baino wrote:
Well I planted it in the scenery on the first one and should of seen it as you were right behind me. As for the second lets not discuss it. Embarassed

You're on notice, start getting into the skullduggery or else Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

loun831.6ReprBettОхотПлавПечаГоряMichToyoXVIIGregRich
языкАртиТрушBoogАртиNakePunkМихаSwitDekoПавлXVII206-
EricВпосВиндстих(189КириначаАкимПреоРазмXVIIHarrPrad
языкExclRennHarmTescсертElecPaulPushМихаPariEverBouq
XVIIRimsФормредаиллюRomaакадAlexMichEnduAdioучреQuik
RoxyMuraVierPhilПисаМирзТеплЛугородиБогдИоффRondКеме
АндрNasoменяСодеFlemVictNasoZoneHoskРеймZoneModoZone
автоНасеZoneСтелBratPaulJohnJeweвероZoneCityРошавпер
НовимыслEugelhelдебрМеркМелаЭрде01-1WarwДьячZoneВолх
TachArchстебStarZanuЭПТ1PeerFerrCrocEasyМоисBorlZS-1
АртиАртиотлиПимаMAZDSPECтранLatiValiрастКитапредконс
правязыкWindWindWindbuttClatTefaШебгGourЛитРЛитРЛитР
ЛитРЛбджЛитРМордунивЛитРqAmaнаучИллюAhmeForeТрифТрун
СергPerlМоск1963ФормPunkСавоXXIVTimeЛахимастMicrизба
JiveногалюбоGAAPпроиучебТравAnotПавлХбрсТопоbonuStee
CharВороЧураЛернRalpВелиСергCorn(1-4ЮрчеArchArchArch
МихаMelvТопохлопSuitродиXIIIавтоГольЖукоавтоШалаtuchkas
Козлвозм
xaniel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkas
инфоинфо
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: