Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S6 GPs 10, 11 and 12
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: S6 GPs 10, 11 and 12 Reply with quote

Race 1: Wasn't looking forward to this as didn't like the track last week when we practised it. Went ok initially, just staying inside the top 10 but with regular mistakes as I battled against Squeeze and Jawz. I'm now at home so race the GPs in the same room as Squeeze and we act as spotters for which ever of us is ahead...so I was telling him more than he was me! Rolling Eyes Then, after struggling with the tight squeeze at the last turn for most of the race, on lap 12 I graciously skidded into the outside barrier and rolled...

Race 2: It was mine so I should have done well...and I think I did, finishing in 5th. Had some nice battles with Voices and Elano, the latter pulled ahead but then a crash later in the race but him back in my grasp and we had a great fight for a couple of laps (I tried forcing him into the side of the hole before the line but he didn't fall for it Evil or Very Mad Laughing Saw a few people wallop the hole and take flight or a bath...sorry it was a bit tricky but felt it wasn't too hard that it wouldn't be ok for a GP.

Race 3: Got a reasonable start to an action packed race. Squeeze told me he rolled but righted again on lap 2 at the white roof and I knew it required caution as I had crashed there repeatedly when making the track (I counted 5 cars turtled there at the end of the race, sorry if you were one of them). About halfway through the race I was chasing Elano and Voices again when I saw Elano on his wheels but crawling on the white part and assumed he had had a big crash (he retired soon after I think) and then I caught Voices crawling up the hill after he wall rubbed on the left hander after the steep hill down. Squeeze informed me with about 5 laps left that Dan was a second behind and Voices was around as well so I kept the pace up, but then I hit a wall and he and the two of them passed me with 2 laps to go. Suddenly I had gone from 3rd to 5th! It was then an intense battle between us for 3rd and I took Voices up the hill but he got me where on the penultimate corner and wasn't waiting for me! Bit disappointed that I came 5th when 3rd was less than a second away but still not bad I suppose.

Track 1 (Get It On) http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=1397300#auto

Track 2 (Get It Off) http://tmnforever.tm-exchange.com/main.aspx?action=trackshow&id=1397304#auto[/url]
Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Dreading this one all week didn't go well last week no reason to expect any different this. So the race starts and I'm pleasantly surprised to find myself sitting 11th when the dust settles. Keep pounding the laps out nipping past cont3xt when he would make a mistake only to be passed again the next lap this carried on for a few laps until he made it stick. By this point I'd found myself sitting in 6th and absolutely ecstatic so nearly crashed eventually finishing in 6th. Yay!!!

Race 2: Had a good warmup so feeling reasonably confident the race starts and after a few laps seem to be settling into a nice duel with dan unfortunately go high on one bend and find myself playing the Hunt for Red October instead. Shocked

Race 3: Again had a great warmup feeling confident and with good reason as it turns out as I finish 6th again after an uneventful race. Cool
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Had a horrific start to this one with at least one mistake every lap until miraculously on lap 15 or so I focused and began driving properly. Got up to about 10th I think, mainly due to the number of retirements.

Race 2: PC shut down without warning as it occasionally does. Not happy, I was doing alright at the time.

Race 3: PC back in action with side panel removed. For some reason the sound had decided to stop working though; I'm sure this thing has a mind of its own at times when it comes to volume control sliders. Decided I'd do my best without sound anyway and a few laps in went around the roof section, hit the wall on the outside of the corner (could have done with the slope thing extending more towards that corner in my opinion Matt), flipped and pressed respawn out of frustration. Would've specced but as it seems there's some issues with this PC I decided the time would be better spent looking for possible solutions.

definitely not a good set of races for me Smile .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1.

Was in 4th/5th from the start, battling with Elano and Reh for a while, constant earache on vent getting me wound up, Dant pressed enter, Reh vanished, Elano planted a post, woot 2nd

Race 2.
Fighting baino off, getting angrier, hit baino into pool with shovel, saw tomdog join, contemplating suicide, where`d he get the password from, tell him to leave, cheese, breasts, password, leave, crash, arrgh, shout, bang couch, room goes quiet, Evil or Very Mad GRRR

Race 3
CRAMP, hands dying, got a rhytm, fighting with mid, mid turtled, few more laps saw Matt and Voices, ride of the valkyries, dum dum dum, chase `em, took em on lap 23, bit of a battle, 3rd, woot, two podiums in a night!!

Anyone seen my lighter?
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Couple tiny mistakes for the first 6-7 laps, trading the lead with Dant a bit. Found my rhythm and took off. Suddenly Dant and Reh are gone from the race and my closest competition is Dan and a Rail half a lap back, sigh of relief. Ended up lapping the entire field. Laughing

Race 2: Quick start to take the lead again, managed to avoid any big mistakes for the first 15 or so laps, had a nice 10 second lead. Couple bugs on laps 15 and 16 cut my lead to about 8 seconds but no big deal. Was a smooth race with nothing exciting happening until the end of lap 24, when Thug decided to play astronaut. Was coming to the finish when I spotted Thug ahead of me, but he missed the hole in front of the finish and instead smacked the side, launching his car straight up into the air a good 100 feet. Needless to say I feel sorry for anyone who missed this moment, as it was amazing to watch.

Race 3: Managed a 1.5 second lead over 2nd place after lap 1, then Dant took 2nd and began chasing me down. Couple laps of small mistakes and hoping Dant would make bigger ones (which I'm pretty sure he did) and I found myself in the clear again. Managed to keep a clean run for the most part and got win #3 for the week.

So... it was a great week for me, along with a couple 6th places from Baino which should give the Tennents a nice boost in the team standings.

Last edited by Dale Earnhardt on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Dantski

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre Race 1

DTM: DONT HIT ENTER

Race 1: Bad landing sent the car sideways and missed the track, my brain tells me it would probably be faster to just respawn at the last CP and I hit enter...

Race 2: Never got the hang of 1 corner and thats where I lost most of the time to Bboy. Drove ok though.

Race 3: Crash first corner, after that I was able to slowly eat into Bboys lead but every 6 laps or so I'd have a significant crash and on lap 21 Reh passed me for about 20 secs, another 10 secs after I've passed him he retires which makes the end less stressful. Happy with my pace on the track (all but one sector), disappointed to be 20 secs behind.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1 wasn't my sort of track, struggled to mid teens, I've forgotten all about it now.

Race 2 and I should've been better on this, indeed I was running in 7th around halfway when I entered the dirt off-centre and went ballistic off that hole! No way to remount, even though I kept it in neutral.

Race 6 Re-run of the previous - I should have recognised the danger sign of running in a much higher position than my average finish place. Ran out of skill early on and roofed it on the hogsback (which was resembling fly paper).

A week to forget from the boys at GMR Smile

On a positive note we have some excellent tracks for multilap this week, it's my fault I couldn't finish a GP length but these should be great for three laps.

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missus took a massive strop about me being selfish for doing gp's every tuesday so went to pub and spent my GP time drinking.

Sorry team back next week

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
Missus took a massive strop about me being selfish for doing gp's every tuesday so went to pub and spent my GP time drinking.

Sorry team back next week

Like the way you keep the peace. Laughing
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
went around the roof section, hit the wall on the outside of the corner (could have done with the slope thing extending more towards that corner in my opinion Matt)

A very valid point and I tried it like this but it was then possible to straight line the corner more and carry so much speed to the arch-over that you would jump the whole thing and fly off the track (therefore the blue wall was a deterent from this). Only problem was that it was easy to get a bit light, lose grip and clout the wall...but I think the option I went with was best (obviously or would have gone with another).

Hope people enjoyed them though and agree with Mid that in 3 lap format they would be much easier...
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1:
from last week was good for me, once i found my flow, maybe racing on my own for almost a full gp week before helped Smile

race 2
my flow was interupted by simpe errors

race 3
i was just getting some flow, then I seemed to flip when going onto the white roof

i ended up trapped on my roof here

Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1: crash, somehow stayed on the track and on four wheels. 4th can't complain Very Happy

race 2 : took ages to get up to speed a few mistakes pushed me back towards the end. 7th

race 3 : 1st lap caught the side on the left hander down the hill, left me miles back. charged back through the field. in the end was racing against matt, back and forth we went where it seemed i was a little faster through the 1st corner but would lose it over the hill after the tricky right. back and forth we went with a small number of mistakes. somewhere in this are a couple of brushes on the left at the bottom of the hill and one major crash where i ran wide on turn 2 just caught the side as you go off the road and got spun out to the left lost loads of time turning around and getting back up to speed. turned off cars towards the end as it was now a 3 way fight between me,dan and matt after (i guess) a few mistakes from matt. just as i got the lead back ran wide at the start/finish jump recovered. slowly caught back up from about 1-2 seconds off for a few laps to finish just 0.13 off my first GP season podium since Grand Central Circuit all the way back in season 2. great race.

good news : scored more points this week than all the rest of my races combined, only bboy scored more points this week and MV are getting closer and closer to the top of the team championship

bad news : moving house and may not have internet connection for the last race of the season Sad (although next week i should be able to get somewhere where i can race .... hopefully) might be sorted but cannot be sure
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i couldnt make it guys...
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotSWAT wrote:

don't beat yourself up, me 'n the boss weren't exactly at the races either Wink

Skin by Baino
Dantski

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swat wrote:

I'm sure you can imagine how crushed I was Shocked

Kidding, much better if you're racing than not
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotSWAT wrote:

In all seriousness, I would like to thank you for not showing up.

(Mostly because it put Dantski and myself ahead of you in the season standings.) Laughing
YussuF

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too bad I missed this, anyways - I'm back from holidays now Smile
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YussuF wrote:

Aww Yuss, you haven`t heard, the gp`s have been cancelled due to poor management!
YussuF

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTheMan wrote:
YussuF wrote:

Aww Yuss, you haven`t heard, the gp`s have been cancelled due to poor management!

the results say something else Crying or Very sad
I came from second or third to seventh Mad Laughing
c0nt3xt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YussuF wrote:

we did our best, but tracks were tricky. This week should be better Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: