Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Season 6 Scoring
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Season 6 Scoring Reply with quote

Screens

Dan may have been kind to people who didn't finish 80% but I'm not Twisted Evil

Dan's original post wrote:
Score tables- First time i`ve done this so.................Keep it schtum!!! Rolling Eyes

Also, I didn`t disqualify anybody this time, i`ll reduce the scores next time, sry.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/21/1773419/GP%20SCORE%20TABLE.pdf

P.s, i`ll do a team table soon.

Oops, squeeze is on twice, second one needs deleting Embarassed

Last edited by DanTheMan on Wed May 27, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baino
Spray Shop
Spray Shop

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOHHHHH!!!!!
I did quite well Very Happy

Thx for doing the scores Moldo, Dan and everyone who helped to organise it.

Last edited by Baino on Thu May 28, 2009 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dantski

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what decides whether people score points or not in regards to crashing? Is it simply that with respawns on 1st race you decided not to penalise those who crashed in the 2nd?
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look who's last Sad

oh well, onwards and upwards! ... seeing as that's the only way to go
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
So what decides whether people score points or not in regards to crashing? Is it simply that with respawns on 1st race you decided not to penalise those who crashed in the 2nd?

I read you`re points system post, i.e the top25 score, they where the top 25 in the results, i read your post as: people who finished a percentage of the race.

Dantski wrote:
1. Points system for this season up anywhere?

If not I propose using this

30,27,25,23,21,20 then 1 pt intervals down to 0, top 25 score points so every position matters.

2. In order to score points you must complete 80 or 90% of the race distance. In a 25 lapper this would be 20 laps (80%) or 22-23 laps (90%). I don't think anyone wants to see a bunch of people not score due to not completing the race in time.

20 people finished the first gp, 18 the second, according to server results, so all else get no points?? So you`re points system (every point counts) doesn`t work, the points where going to be removed for respawning as Steve and Mid said in the other thread. Would you like me to sit through the replay and watch every driver for 25 laps to see who crashed out and who didn`t? It was an unfortunate oversite that the respawn was on for the first race (as it was the first time the mode had been tried and none of us knew how to switch it properly) and i was trusting people not to respawn or admit if they did even though they would be d/q`d. It`s a shaky start to the GP, but hey, It`s a new system (again) and it will obviously will have some hiccups. I`m also glad nobody had any snobby remarks about the running of it with the restarts as the server was being set up.
Dantski

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not criticizing dan, I did read what you said about the respawns.

I was commenting on the idea that I scored points for the 2nd race when I only completed around 50-60% of the race. I'm not entirely sure but I think you responded to this point with my new points system which goes down to 25. I guess when I suggested the points setup, anyone who didn't complete a certain % / laps of the full race distance would receive 0 pts.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks will have to bear with us on the organisation, Dan did all the work on Tuesday as I only got home from work half an hour before the GP started so gave him no assistance in setting up the server or selecting the tracks (which is never my strong point anyway). Cheese has got full admin powers on the server controller now so between the three of us and a little help from Mad we should get it running a bit smoother next time.

Folks should bear in mind that nobody that keeps the mad laps servers and its competitions going get anything for doing it so if you have any criticism guys keep it constructive, cheers. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
Not criticizing dan, I did read what you said about the respawns.

I was commenting on the idea that I scored points for the 2nd race when I only completed around 50-60% of the race. I'm not entirely sure but I think you responded to this point with my new points system which goes down to 25. I guess when I suggested the points setup, anyone who didn't complete a certain % / laps of the full race distance would receive 0 pts.

Sorry if it sounded harsh, didn`t mean to, as you say, a certain percentage of the race; but it`s only possible to enforce this by watching a replay, and i aren`t gonna sit through them like last season (to count handiloops). Moldo has kindly agreed to do the scoring ( Thanks Smile ), the new scoring system "idea" went down a treat, but as i said, it`s more work to work out the percentages of race completed which will be a bind for anybody doing it.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggestion: The number of checkpoints passed is given next to a driver's name on the results table after a race. For the winner divide that by 100, multiply it by the percentage you want people who score points to have done and you have the number of CPs they must have passed to score anything. Anyone under this number goes home empty handed. This gives an easyish way to check how far a driver got without watching the replay.

Have I understood the plan or am I just confusing matters?
Spam King

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percentage shouldnt be too tricky. iirc the first track had 4 cps in it so by the time you had done 25 laps you had done 100 cps...ergo if someone fell off after showing 64 cps done then they must have completed 64% of the race Wink

But my opinion is that only finishers should score, ie anyone who didnt get 100 cps...even if they 99 and stuffed it into the start finish on the second track Twisted Evil Laughing
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like two willing volunteers have come forward, well done cheese and matt for volunteering your services towards the madlaps GP, Smile.

If it`s only finishers who score, we may as welll use the old system.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do the scores no problem, just need to decide on what the system is first.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 80% race distance must be passed to score points.

Typically we do 25 or 20 laps (if the track is a bit longer). So if the race is 25 laps, they have to complete 20 laps and if the race is 20 laps they have to manage 16.

I think only letting those who finish the race score would not be a good way to encourage participation of our slower and more careful drivers.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:

I think only letting those who finish the race score would not be a good way to encourage participation of our slower and more careful drivers.

Aye? Thats the wrong way round mate. By only giving points to people who finish, you would ENCOURAGE careful driving to get to the end of the race. Not by giving points to people even when they retire.

Banning respawns does this to an extent and by not giving points to those who dont complete the race encourages this. An opposition to this though is that if someone doesnt finish because they were driving REALLY slowly to avoid crashing, this could cause upsets Laughing Rolling Eyes
evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getting points if you get to lap 20 sounds good to me, that way if your not doing too great, like if you've had to use the recovery points a few times, can concentrate on getting to lap 20 for the points or if your chasing the lead would give you the chance to push harder knowing if you come off the track or turtle your not going to get zero points

Last edited by evil_homer on Thu May 28, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaCheese

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad asked after the races on Tuesday if there had been enough time at the end of the race. The general concensus on Vent at least was that a bit longer wouldn't go amiss. This is especially true if people drive more carefully to avoid crashing.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some who do their best and still don't make it to the finish. Not giving point to those is not fair in my opinion. And those who manage to make 80%+ of a GP and for whatever reason crashes (not able to continue) still deserve some points.

How about giving half of points for those who don't finish?

something like this:
1. place - 10 points - finished get all (10)
2. place - 8 points - finished get all (Cool
3. place - 6 points - finished get all (6)
4. place - 5 points - finished get all (5)
5. place - 4 points - not finished, but over 80% get half (2)
6. place - 3 points - not finished, but over 80% get half (1.5)
7. place - 2 points - not finished, under 80% get nothing
....etc. We would of course have points for first 20 or 25 places or whatever

opinions?
Good Homer

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:

Will you be amending the scores for the first race? …as there was racers that respawned and should not have got points. Mad

Every body knew there was no respawns in this GP,.. even though the room did not disable this option players should not have took advantage. Shocked

Me and Deanio disabled respawn button on are joypads as we weren’t sure what would happen if we pressed it by mistake …..

Can anyone tell me what would happen if we did hit respawn by mistake and the room was set to no respawn ?.....would we be put into spec?
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Homer wrote:
DaCheese wrote:

Will you be amending the scores for the first race? …as there was racers that respawned and should not have got points. Mad

I said in the post, i made a mistake and points will be deducted next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: