Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally!!!! Racer_X Returns!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racer_X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Finally!!!! Racer_X Returns!!!!! Reply with quote

Well guys I'll be off for a bit trying to find a new career as my injuries have forced me into retiring from my last job of 21 years. I'll miss that job as I got to travel EVERYWHERE. Guess I'll have to stick to travelling to a desk now. Crying or Very sad I will keep you guys posted.

Last edited by Racer_X on Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crikey Racer 21 years? you'd have been out now from a life sentence!
Best of Luck in the jobhunt, Spanky is hiring grease monkeys for the team don't forget Wink

Skin by Baino
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Racer X Wink
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the jobhunt, I believe Nadeo are looking for a semi literate computer person to help their programming team Shocked , lol jk Laughing
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
Best of Luck in the jobhunt, Spanky is hiring grease monkeys for the team don't forget Wink

Yeah but remember the hours are long and the pay is looooowww Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've only had 1 job since college and there's not much call for a pilot that can't fly anymore. Crying or Very sad You know you've got too many replacement parts when you can get in the cockpit and affect the compass because of all the metal in your body. Rolling Eyes
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Mickey Wink , how's it goin with the jobhunt?
I'm 48 soon and it would be a difficult choice for me whether to go back to my menial unskilled beavering or take the compensation and just put up with the hours of recreation and leisure. Not.

Skin by Baino
JawZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im young and able and im finding it hard to get a job...

2 years admin expirence
2 years customer service expirence - dont really wanna go down this route. may have to though.

qualifications are gay, i keep getting companies responding saying im over qualified...all i want is a blasted job @_@ thats not in the csa field lol
Racer_X

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal Mickey Mid??? That's different for sure Shocked As far as the hunt for employment goes, the younger ones are the favorites in most areas I am interested in. (Funny that 39 is deemed "old" now). I've got a few prospects in the works now just hoping that one of them pans out. And Jawz if I had a dollar for everytime I was told that I'm "over-qualified" I think I could retire in true style! Rolling Eyes
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racer_X wrote:
Metal Mickey Mid??? That's different for sure Shocked As far as the hunt for employment goes, the younger ones are the favorites in most areas I am interested in. (Funny that 39 is deemed "old" now). I've got a few prospects in the works now just hoping that one of them pans out. And Jawz if I had a dollar for everytime I was told that I'm "over-qualified" I think I could retire in true style! Rolling Eyes

You a qualified pilot?

and Jawz what kind of work are you looking for ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the moment im hunting for admin as ive got expirence, but also willing too look in other fields if something rather intreasting is spotted, only problem i find with admin is i find it so boring @_@ cause it feels like im not really doing anything.
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JawZ wrote:
at the moment im hunting for admin as ive got expirence, but also willing too look in other fields if something rather intreasting is spotted, only problem i find with admin is i find it so boring @_@ cause it feels like im not really doing anything.

Well if I can make a suggestion that might help you out. Ever thought of the construction industry, there is an extreme shortage of people in the surveying and management side of the game right now. You don't need qualifications if you're willing to start on 18-20k per year and be taught by the employer, you'd also have day release to the college or uni to learn the more practical parts of the business. Give it 2-3 years gaining experience and you can realistically expect to get 30k plus a motor.

Just a thought Very Happy
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's true, Civil Engineering is a gas. Plenty of boy's toys, outdoor work, indoor tottie, easy pilfering.... where do i sign?

Skin by Baino
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLUMBING Smile

easy as pie and not enough of them............

even fancy GAS FITTING

slightly more tricky but pays a bit more

If I ever wanted a regular job, then I think I'd be a plumber.

by the way if anyone want's any plumbing tips, don't pay a plumber £200 to top up your boiler or remove a sink....... ITS EASY WORK.
JawZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
JawZ wrote:

Well if I can make a suggestion that might help you out. Ever thought of the construction industry, there is an extreme shortage of people in the surveying and management side of the game right now. You don't need qualifications if you're willing to start on 18-20k per year and be taught by the employer, you'd also have day release to the college or uni to learn the more practical parts of the business. Give it 2-3 years gaining experience and you can realistically expect to get 30k plus a motor.

Just a thought Very Happy

When I was younger my uncle recomended surveying but i never took it up. Thankyou anyhows, I'll take a gander.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I degreed in Civil Engineering after being advised it was the way to go. I graduated in 1992, right in the middle of the worst slump in living memory. There weren't even any placements going so there was no filling in my sandwich course and it took a year less. I ended up going into music, photography and finally writing, so no regrets really.

It's all different now, of course, and has been for the past decade. Construction is booming. But will it be in 3 years' time? Who knows? There's a lot of talk about the housing bubble, and many of the new builds and renovations in Manchester, Leeds and London are sitting empty because demand has dropped off. Perhaps it's partly down to the exorbitant prices they are charging, but it could also signal a deeper malaise.

Maybe smaller scale building could pay rather than civil engineering, because people are doing up their own homes rather than moving, again because of prices.
Racer_X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a qualified pilot. The FAA pulled my licenses due to no longer being able to pass the physical and that left my last employer no choice but to retire me because I couldn't do my job anymore. Oh well, Such is life I guess. I was an onsite systems troubleshooter with a civilian contractor. Can't give much more detail than that.
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christ at job centres and employment agencies. these past 2 days have been stressful, its like trying to deal with the cast of the muppets, tho kermit the frog would probably be able to help me more than these tards.

this eastern european was so cold with me...felt as if she came fresh from the cold war or something @_@ long pauses of silience, i thought i was fee to go on 2 occasions only to get called back to answer her ridiculas questions none of which were relevant to what i was originally down there for. ended up waiting for someone else.

then someone from 1 agency rings me up at the time i thought it was another agency ringing me...(seems to of been the agency1 calling me, to register for work which i had already done...way to confuse...n i was expecting agency 2 to get in contact with me anyway...) error on my part for not listening well i guess...huge error on there part tho

so agency 1 rings me today asking if i could work today, im like no i got an appoinment later, then there like do you want to work...im like yes but today i cant..then they basically hang up...leaving me feeling kinda wowzered by the rudeness

then few mins later someone from agency 1 rings again...im utterly bedazzled...shese saying that ive already registered for work...yes...then she goes onto go on about did i confuse you?...im like err. yeah i guess - then she kinda jus says bye and hangs up...

im left feeling abit O.o...believing i got an appointmet at agency2 tho begining to doubt if i actually do or not.

anyway head down there...and ask if i have an appoinment booked..theyre like no..im thinking hmm oh...

anyhow they arrange to see me there and then register me up, test me on things talk to me for abit, tell me about the temp work n potential temp work...

these guys seem less like an unorganised rabble in the muppet show...these ppl i saw today are a breathe of fresh air.

now im dreading agency 1 asking me tonight if i can work or not @_@ i dont wanna at all for them..ive been thinking bout stuffs today...and yeah...

christ im more stressed out while unemployed than what i was when i had a sodding job.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agys are a bunch of failed Estate Agents, but when you show them you're a good little earner for them they soon begin to treat you like a human and you'll have a relationship in balance. Just takes a bit of time is all Wink

Skin by Baino
JawZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never done this whole agency stuff, or temp work.

or even job centre crap till few weeks ago...ive always had a full time job since leaving college....

its all abit O.o annoying. wish i never signed up for jsa now thats whats getting me into this rigroll of dealing with idiots and not getting paid to do it such.

surely if i wasnt signed up to this crap i would of prolly signed up with an agency anyway, but i wouldnt be sending applications requests to companies ive got no intention of going too just keep the job centre ppl happy...ffs. hate this country and the way it operates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: