Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP 7 & 8
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: GP 7 & 8 Reply with quote

Race 1: Did 6 handiloops and then headed off in a pretty uneventful race for about 6 laps until...before you can say "oh dear, my computer seems to have crashed and I see the blue screen of death" my computer crashed and I could see the blue screen of death! Restarted the piece of junk and got back to the race 7mins 30 down! Ended up 26th...also wasnt keen on the track...horrific jumps which imo shoudnt have been allowed in a GP (imparticularly the second one)

Race 2: Much better. A great track which I soon dialled into and after 6 handiloops I was off up the road with some rude sod coming along for the ride Smile Got some sweeeeet braking slides and flew past various cars (didnt know who cos had names off) Managed 8th...dont think Slotus' lead will be too fantastic anymore...if existent!
Munkhi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree with Race 1, totally destroys the point of giving the less skilled players a chance with terrible jumps and donuts. Fine track for a 3 lap bit of PRO, deffo not a 25 lap race. Race-wise, I shanked my handiloops up and stuffed up the 2nd jump several times in one lap because I didn't have a clue how to take it from the previous CP Sad

Race 2 was good, made a couple of mistakes and it cost me. Nice track but again I finished a long way down the pack.

MPS-Reh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st race: did 9 loops, but messed it and also the first lap up totally...the rest of the race was ok for me, very close finish Very Happy

2nd race: 10 loops, nearly perfect race except a few small crashes, also crash in the last laps so angel could pass. great track!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: First win of the season, woohoo!
Race 2: Managed to sweep the races this week with another win!

Only real big mistakes came in... the handiloops Shocked
First race my computer froze during my 2nd handiloop, sent me nose-first into the inside wall.
Second race I just plain screwed up starting the... 2nd or 3rd loop, and went right over the edge.
CRJ 127
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apology's from me and Belial, not being able to back up your great results Embarassed , there's always next week Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

race 1, enjoyale track. first few laps i was hitting the jump right so after few laps and a reset at cp i decided to take it easy by slowing down at the 2nd jump and landing on the inflatables top and then using the bump to jump over the lil gap between the 2 bits and then attack, some laps id lose few places but by the last corner i had normally caught up with the ones i had see whizzing by.

race 2, wasnt huge fan of the track but i never am a huge fan of the more speedier types.

minkhi, the concept for GPs has been 1 stunty/difficult, and one easierish/fast/and less air usually.

Munkhi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JawZ wrote:
minkhi, the concept for GPs has been 1 stunty/difficult, and one easierish/fast/and less air usually.

Well tracks like #1 will hamper the handicap system that mad has put all this effort into, and this season's concept seems to be more based on that. There were some huge split time gaps between single positions there. Kinda shooting yourselves in the foot Confused

I'm not saying it because I did poorly, because it's not the first time I've done rubbish this season :p

Dantski

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely forgot about GP's Embarassed
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some preoccupations from work this week and felt semi-detached so the races were a bit dreamy and odd.
Race One: never really hooked it up, I really should have spent another 20mins in Practice. It was a toughy but exactly the same for all players, 16 of whom finished before me.
Race Two: all of a sudden I was in 'the zone' - no, don't laugh! I could do no wrong and overhauled Mark-s by lap 9ish for the lead. Two laps after that and there was no-one else on the radar, HotSwat's advance having a reversal. Past halfway mark and flying when I turtled on a knuckle and couldn't flip over, reached for the respawn and fumbled the Retire by mistake, yea, how I laughed, still laughing when i ripped off the cans and threw em at the screen Evil or Very Mad

sorry Cheese, I could've been a contender.

Skin by Baino
c0nt3xt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. race: did 4 handys, out of 4th crashed and had to reverse. had to respawn 4 or 5 times bcos of that second jump. Ended on 6th if i remember right, letting 2 pass me on last lap for being to cautious.

2. race: did 4 nice handys, preety fast track with no place for errors. that first corner was a problem for me the whole race, keep loosing 0.5 sec on that one. Again finished 6th (i think)

overall i did good, but this is the second week none of my teammates showed up (minim never did, Invictus last 2 races). They are missing a lot of fun Smile
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: I had the same problem with most of the non-elites ... the 2nd jump had a lottery element to it and I tumbled out about 5 times. The problem, I think, was that even if you took it quite slowly you could still overshoot the right-hand exit, so aborting a badly aimed jump was out of the question as there wasn't enough deceleration dust in the tank. You can't blame anyone but yourself for a badly aimed jump, so although I did find the stunt quite annoying it's all part of the challenge, and we have to accept that not every track will be our favourite. 5 handiloops + 5 crashes = 10th place.

Race 2: Rarely do you see a track whose slides are constructed so damn perfectly. It was a joy to drive from beginning to numb-fingered end. I don't know what it is about this season, but by the middle of leg 2 I can't feel the end of my acceleration finger. I suppose keeping it pressed down for about 40 minutes has something to do with it ... finished 10th but it said 11th on the scoreboard. 5 loops + 4 fingers +2 wall clips = 11th.
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: Did five loops instead of six because of `scary jump`, but managed to pull it off nearly every lap, had a great battle with contextx for third/fourth place until the last lap where i fell through the hole in the jump landing Sad and got knocked back to seventh

Race 2: Did six loops, came out of them in thirteenth, fought my way up the field to somewhere very near the front, then my old friend AVAST decided to knock on my door which my pc answered by throwing me off the straight, a respawn cost me a load of places and a very sore hand due to punching the desk, Evil or Very Mad
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race 1: My therapist said not to speak of it in case it triggers another bout of "unpleasantness"

Race 2: Went somewhat better although I had a spell of 2 laps of hitting everything and I dropped two places to 16th I think it was.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
completely forgot about GP's Embarassed

I know how you feel Dant Very Happy

First race did 9 loops, should've done 10 but was ok, came in 3rd
Second race: No chance to get anywhere near the top, track was great but my handicap was too high for this one.. (i'm not blaming anyone, that's the way it goes)
Belial

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the results going to be updated?
c0nt3xt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belial wrote:

they are updated since friday or maybe even thursday.
http://www.shoreforums.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1556
look for "RESULTS ARE HERE", just above handicap guide
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0nt3xt wrote:
Belial wrote:

they are updated since friday or maybe even thursday.
http://www.shoreforums.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1556
look for "RESULTS ARE HERE", just above handicap guide

Are you sure, i see no results, for start in knots, os aandyloop gp2
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, only seeing the week 3 results, not week 4
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not done em yet..... busy week... maybe tomorrow.....

haven't forgotten em.

Smile

:O

;~@
c0nt3xt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, then i dont know what i saw Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: