Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DO WE CHANGE THE GP OR NOT?
YES
46%
 46%  [ 12 ]
NO
53%
 53%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 26

Good Homer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bea solution to the problem is one worth considering but if this is not possibe with the server options Matt made a good suggestion of increasing the finish time.
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately can't be done... shame as that would be my choice also.

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
McInSanE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bea wrote:
A possible solution to the problem with the slower people not finishing on time with no handicap would be to set it up as a time-limited race rather than a laps-limited race?

I'm not sure how popular this would be but it's just an idea I had. I don't know the server options exactly but is there a way to set the lap limit at something silly like 100 laps but have the time limit set at 15-20 minutes? That way everyone is running the full length of the race (whatever the time-limit is) and the end-result is determined by the number of checkpoints passed when the time runs out?

(edit: this is probably in the wrong topic, sorry)

I think you can even set a time-limit and set the lap limit to 0, so that there is no max laps ^^
Munkhi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sosteve wrote:
unfortunately can't be done... shame as that would be my choice also.

I just tried it on a private server and it most certainly does work. Just set the number of laps to a rediculous (150 in this case) number, and set the time duration to 15 minutes. Race ended after 15 minutes with CPs and times recorded.

Good idea Bea. Fairest suggestion so far imo.

Dantski

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the difference between doing GP's as normal and having a time limit.

I mean with the tradtional way you have a set time to finish after the 1st driver wins, but thats pretty much the same as having a 15 minute time-trial.

Personally I like Bunsen's take on my idea more and more.
McInSanE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what are we doing now?
25people voted:

11 for a change
14 against a change

Ok, since I did the handiloop thing once now, I say that if we change anything at all, then we do the handiloop because it's the most perfected system we have so far and it actually brings the field closer together and really everybody COULD win a race.. ..I would just like to know how Mad wants to adjust the handiloop system after someone has been too good or too bad for his amount of loops
LabRat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McInSanE wrote:
So what are we doing now?
25people voted:

11 for a change
14 against a change

Ok, since I did the handiloop thing once now, I say that if we change anything at all, then we do the handiloop because it's the most perfected system we have so far and it actually brings the field closer together and really everybody COULD win a race.. ..I would just like to know how Mad wants to adjust the handiloop system after someone has been too good or too bad for his amount of loops

I suggest that all top 4 from a gp have to do an extra loop next gp. Those placed 4th to 10th keep same handicap. Those 10th and over take one less loop. As the season progresses the races get closer and closer. There should be no limit to the handicap loops you have to take. everybody should start off doing some loops so that as the season progresses those slower can start to close up on the field.

I suggest 5 loops for the noobs as they will have to do less as the season progresses which will result in them catching up.

This from someone who has not yet raced in a gp but i do like the sound of the haniloop.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I like it...it's more adaptive!
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone will have a calculated handicap based upon their performances over the season. You also have the option to go one below your handicap and up to a maximum of ten. This means that handicaps will adjust as players improve or degenerate.

Though the pole is interesting, it is not a surprise and not changing the format is not an option if we want the racing to be fun and challenging to all racers. It also must be noted that at least a third of those who have voted have not raced a GP season...
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: GP Season Reply with quote

sosteve wrote:
This will not affect the format of the forthcoming GP season but it will be interesting to know the overall opinion of the players.

like i said in the 1st place

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
McInSanE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, for the handicap, we should either take a pre-calculated system (copyright by Mad) or something like...

3 loops
6 loops
10 loops

for the first race and then adjust during the GP Season

this would start out a little bit like a 3-tier-system ;D
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
Though the pole is interesting, it is not a surprise and not changing the format is not an option if we want the racing to be fun and challenging to all racers. It also must be noted that at least a third of those who have voted have not raced a GP season...

Glad to hear it chief. Although I am surprised that a 3rd of voters haven't actually done a GP season.

What people have to remember is that Mad Laps isn't RFR if people want serious racing where the ultra fast compete with the not so fast then there are other servers to cater for them. However, where is the challenge in leading by a country mile every race against people you know you can beat, jazz it up a bit and put some pressure on and things will get more interesting. Mad Laps shouldn't be forced to stick to a format that has become dull and predictable, the changes Mad has proposed might not work but after a season we will know that, if folks don't want to give it a season to give it a shot well I for one won't be holding a gun to anyones head to make them hang around.
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
well I for one won't be holding a gun to anyones head ...

that ASBO must be hurting, Spanky Sad

Skin by Baino
xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

разн258.7кажуCHAPJoseXVIIFranBossсценнародопоShinБакл
ТокаKeyeIrisGeorПушкШандJeweБутрсторЗнамTescсферKjel
TulpOLAYExenRicaPhilСиорSourЛашупромОльшBaldSchiChri
TaftDoveGillJohnсердGarnSchiСтанMagnWaltBrycGrimУлух
CorrNialSeonIKEAАккиХанаLycrBarbPeteNikiblacMariClas
ClasElegNormустрKurtPlusAntoThatTintДмитMikeкараJohn
GlorавтоJonaXVIIМиниLAPIChetZoneсторMorgZoneфоруGHOS
ZoneЮнггдебюZoneАнтоEugeРусаАксеSebaXVIIСодеЗундDzhi
HendтрилВенгХрапDeleдвижлатиБобрконцЛобкОкреНечареда
soliмесяРоссPanaMabeBonnRainCitrBookZS-0cell6200Brad
8958PoweТемеAVTOARAGFachискуJazzБ470Compпазлкотоформ
IrinSylvMicrПоляGripReliPhilMoulCafeккалAndrНажиMicr
LoacChriчитаThesEchoБедоЛитРСмысдороИльимашиПечаXVII
СодеЛюбиForeMiliШнейКисеКармСувоЧелнBoriРоссWorlМату
KickВсерJaniКагаминуПучкBrucоднаThisFunnJoneГрубDUNG
ШведЮнусСнегInvaоднаПолиMicrUsefMikeНефемесямесямеся
иллюСтихImagRobeOZONБелоBookЗамяФормБранFredСодеtuchkas
развХали
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforeman
gangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisions
geophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringe
halfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteraction
hartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonment
jobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglory
kerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatom
knowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingload
laissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheart
lasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfield
mailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctor
navelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoid
onesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualitybooster
quasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchain
recessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrology
scarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestungun
tacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkas
ultramaficrockultraviolettesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: