Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start Rant
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belial

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Start Rant Reply with quote

Stupid players, who are obviously a lot better than most, who feel the need to cut when they are losing against a much lesser skilled player in order to win a race are so, so , so sad.

You know who you are. If I see you in the server I wont join, if you join when Im in it I will leave.

Your way way too up yourself to be any fun what so ever, even though I have tried to be nice. Now I just cant be bothered anymore.

End of rant

Oh and I know, that you know who you are!
Bea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to beat my own time (unsuccessfully), sorry if it looked like I was only using the cut to win the race.
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Start Rant Reply with quote

Belial wrote:

Your way way too up yourself to be any fun what so ever, even though I have tried to be nice. Now I just cant be bothered anymore.

End of rant

Oh and I know, that you know who you are!

Is it me Shocked
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Start Rant Reply with quote

Belial wrote:
Stupid players, who are obviously a lot better than most, who feel the need to cut when they are losing against a much lesser skilled player in order to win a race are so, so , so sad.

sure i've seen you cut on migraine (is that what its called?) on points
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Start Rant Reply with quote

evil_homer wrote:
Belial wrote:

sure i've seen you cut on migraine (is that what its called?) on points

Yeah but at the same time he probably isn't the only one who was doing it. It becomes irritating when nobody is using the cut but one person who would likely win going the normal way.

I use the cut on that StevieM track we GP'd earlier in the year (I forget the name sorry Steve) but that is because the cut seems like the normal way of going round the track and yet again every other buggar is using it so I'd be giving away a couple of seconds of lap by trying to do the decent thing.

What we have to avoid on this server is when the fun is getting murdered for the sake of a record. It's a laps server not time attack there can be 30+ people playing on it and we're racing each other, the records are good if you get them but mad laps was set up as a fun place to be, when the fun starts to go so do a lot of the players eventually this place will die on its rear end because of it.
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i've got about as much chance of getting a record as i do putting carol vordermans body lotion on for her but i do agree with spanky laps are for racing a really good race has got nowt to do with the record being broke or not thats a ''bye the way''for me madlaps has always been about community and having a laugh with some of the best nutters around Very Happy

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
mark-s
PRO Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sosteve wrote:
the best nutters around Very Happy

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil he he Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
debs69

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love madlaps!!!, As you know, i'm a pretty poop player!! but i DO still enjoy racing " and " do still have fun, thats what it's all about!!
Good bunch of peeps on madaps Smile
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems different people come for different things...some people for the community and some for the feeling of beating people no-matter how devious they have to be! (for some, a bit of both)

Simplest way is to keep doing the checks which are being done more regularly on new tracks, before they are uploaded, to check for cuts. Also to maybe become more pro-active in "sorting out" older tracks which do have cuts in them...I know Mad's "Bandana" got "fixed" when the cut was being abused so if you see cutting and don't like it, make sure u notify an admin to get it dealt with Wink
evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msquires wrote:
"Bandana"

thats the one i was thinking of.

i think the wall hitting before a bad corner is blatant cheating (especially as i can't do it) and cuts that are trackbuilder errors are too but some tracks do have different routes sometimes and they are ok to use.
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid knows that a few days ago a cut was discovered on A Long Way Home, Swat used the cut 3 laps in a row and got the lap rec, while I was about 5 secs ahead on the last lap I knew I'd lose if i didnt cut as swat probably would, so thats why i used the cut on the last lap (never knew there was a cut on that track though)

I do find it quite irritating when some people cut, because if people I race closely with cut then I know that I stand no chance of winning (or competing) with this person unless I cut too. Some cuts are not really cuts, but are considered the normal way of racing the track (like my track for example) which are fine if everyone uses them.

But yeah, some people might argue against me when I say this, but in the past I used to come on to try and break records, and I did. But nowadays I find myself looking for some exciting racing (which i have had with bboy bea and swat the other night which was the funnest night of racing i've had in a while), the bonus of the exciting racing was having a nice record in your name, but I find myself preferring it on the server when there's people to race against rather than the clock.
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evil_homer wrote:
msquires wrote:
"Bandana"

i think the wall hitting before a bad corner is blatant cheating (especially as i can't do it)

Sorry for the double post, but is wall banging considered cheating? As I've always done it and I know many others do it too (incl. mid mad etc)

never thought it was cheating, just a method of turning a corner Confused
HotSWAT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i look at cuts in different ways, i dont really generalise them all as "bad".
if somebody manages to gain time with an extremely difficult cut, then i'd be ok with that. but if it was a blatant, easy cut, then i wouldnt like it so much.

and on A Long Way Home, i think it was a miracle i completed the cut 3 times in a row at all. especially since i was in such bad form that day. i think i ended up 14 seconds behind ste because of all the other crashes i had on it ^^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with spanky 100% on what MADLAPS should be about.

While I am not known for my fun and charisma, I wouldn't keep racing on the server if it wasn't for the people on it.

Nowadays I occasionally try a cut in warmups but never in a race because if I don't cut cleanly I'll still come out ahead of someone who drives the intended way perfectly. Thats just............wrong.

Anyhoo I fully support anyone who wishes to string cutters up by their *insert body part here*. Embarassed
JawZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evil_homer wrote:
msquires wrote:
"Bandana"

thats the one i was thinking of.

i think the wall hitting before a bad corner is blatant cheating (especially as i can't do it)

I still cant drift properly or know when to drift....like the art of "drifting" as its called in TM wall banging is a skill to be learnt.

i still get the wall bangs wrong sometimes @_@

Munkhi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the PRO server it's disappointing to see cutting, as most have said it's about racing others and not time attack.

I've been pretty amazed at how long it takes some tracks to have their unintentional cuts removed, and some of them still havent!

It'd be nice to have a standing agreement between us to not use cuts on PRO, and if anyone gets caught then it should be classed as cheating and a madmin can bump them off the server for a short while.

I've got zero problem in coming second to Bea, bboy and the rest of you elite nutters - just don't rub it in our faces when we're playing for fun please?

Now if a track makes it to a GP and has been poorly cut checked - GPs are there to be won so exploit that mutha till the cows come home. Kinda disappointing that tracks with unintentional cuts have made it into GPs though tbh.

Not a fan of wall bashing for tight corners, of all the people who elect not to take a difficult corner properly are the ones who are most capable of doing so Shocked
I completely disagree with it being a 'skill', it's incredibly lazy and with effort you can come out of those corners on par with the bashers. But it's highly used and accepted, so... ok Razz

Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoroughly exciting thread, nvm the racing Laughing
I can't let StevieM get away with bunching me with the wall-bangers, though. I don't do it, it's no fun compared to a well-timed counter-slide and break. OK, sometimes I catch some wall with the rear wheels, but I count that a mistake.

Skin by Baino
YussuF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a cut is very hard, like the one on...Idk, the one in the cup nite where Swat came late and didnt finish a single track....you found one there I like - though i cant do it...I think in this case cutting is okay, but usually cuts are just...bad for the race.

Agree to Spanky in what its all about !

Everytime I wall-bang without purpose - as I dont try to do that - I'm ashamed and in most of cases I dont acclerate a short time to equalize my advantage. I think its a pretty easy skill with too strong advantages for it, absolutely unbalanced to powersliding - which is way harder and doesnt help that much.

In a fair-play-way of this game I think neither Cuts nor wallbangs should be used Arrow I'd sign for never using both immediately Exclamation
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
Thoroughly exciting thread, nvm the racing Laughing
I can't let StevieM get away with bunching me with the wall-bangers, though. I don't do it, it's no fun compared to a well-timed counter-slide and break. OK, sometimes I catch some wall with the rear wheels, but I count that a mistake.

O sorry mate i was sure i'd seen you doing it
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o ye, Cuts.
Long Way Home is a good example to discuss. The track is 'legacy' for us old-timers and fondly respected. It has received a couple of makeovers in its time but no-one noticed the cut until a couple of months ago.
Now MMMBat isn't here regularly enough to bother him with this and I'm not about to pester him. The cut is right there before everybody's eyes but it's a risky one, an easy Fail in fact. Players like me won't use it because it's not satisfying to drive, but if you intend to use it you should show your hand in the warm-up, not spring it on a close competitor when it's too late to respond. I'll Ban your arse for a night if I see that.
If you're too stupid to give this server's main benefactor a clean race when he's challenging you, then I have to ask: what are you here for anyway, Bea? Take a night off and have a word with yourself, eh? prat Laughing

Skin by Baino
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: