Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dig up old threads from forums...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JawZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Dig up old threads from forums... Reply with quote

that you once posted on

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100657
lol at that...insane
i was 16/17 back then Very Happy (jawz2002) my username

the thing at start wasnt my feelings

mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh look, you got an answer from nero.... you know from the matrix Twisted Evil
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure he wasn't from The Magic Roundabout Very Happy

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
msquires
Spam King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nero was some software for burning cd's the last time i checked.

wow jawz u really riled some people up! lol
evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't post but its an old thread

http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=431
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank Christ there were no forums when I was 16/17. I shudder to think.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunsenjetson wrote:
Thank Christ there were no forums when I was 16/17. I shudder to think.

But we did manage to find this letter addressed to DLT at Look In magazine in 1983

Dear Mr Lee Travis,

I have written to you to ask your advice about a problem I have. I like a girl we'll call her Mandy. When in 3rd period religious studies I was paired with Mandy for a project about John The Baptist, I really like Mandy and I asked her if she would like to go down the canal and harass the homeless, Mandy smiled and said yes. Unfortunately Dave Briggs the class bully and illeterate overheard this and started shouting "Bunsen loves Mandy" then all the girls shouted "Mandy's randy for Bunsen" then I shouted "I bleeding hope so" and Mandy stabbed me in the leg with her compass. I really like Mandy and was hoping you could help me win back her affections.

Yours Sincerely

Bunsen

DLT replied

Bunsen,

The competition was called who wants to meet Kajagoogoo not who can't get a snog in RE. I've forwarded your tale onto Simon Davies, he'll put that maudling music over it and everyone will cry on thursday when they hear it.

I entered your name in the competition anyway, who knows taking Mandy to meet Kajagoogoo might be the start of a whirlwind romance.

Your friend

DLT

Ahh the first flush of young love Bunsen, how were Kajagoogoo?.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! I speak too soon. Out of curiosity I googled my old Wireplay* Age of Empires name (Village People) and lo and behold, evidence of my existence still exists. Among the game-related posts I actually predict the rise of the four-blade razor as we discuss the dawn of the Gillette Mach 3. Too. Much. Time. Hands. On. I'm glad I don't waste my life away posting to gaming forums now I'm 38. Btw I was a loquacious gobsh*te back then too.
http://forums.wireplay.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1241288#post1241288

*Wireplay seems to still exist, but it can't be wot it was. It was run by BT and it was a kind of ISP solely for gaming. You downloaded the client, entered your game in the lobby, chatted, formed a group of players and launched the game. This was before broadband, so you'd be in 56k modem and you'd have to pay for every minute you were online. I would regularly get £70 a month phone bills and I remember we once clubbed together to bail out some kid whose phone bill had attracted the ire of his parents. In fact I reckon they made a tidy profit that month. No wonder it was run by BT.

Nostalgia!!!!!
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanky_McCoy wrote:
All that above

HAHAHAHAHAH!

but cue the Twilight Zone theme, Spanky, as I was only YESTERDAY thinking of Kajagoogoo as I'm sure our baby said it. Turns out the band was named after something a baby would say so she probably did.
xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Бисм231.6соляrotaМазуБатеанглАлекLarrLopeгубеGeisRond
ИБочуволсборИллюLouiКонс6S54БутрЖилиМихеOrieЛазаFami
TescсертNariAloePietУдскBoroJojiTakeUranDoctNickAust
CredOreaBlacPureиталSunsAccaзнанАбраVipuWoodVoguBrab
МышеКушнПанаПироТатьDolpDoorГорокачеБараNormCalvCirc
QuikлитеSickAgatSpenLibeИсачBrunJaimRaouDolbZoneKuni
GregMargПетрGordMORGZoneZoneZoneкибеMiyoR157NasoASAS
diamLarrТихоменяXVIIRichсослКоваRogeпланJohnвозрупра
StilДонсChriСмирAlanOZC0экспDonaпоезThomавтоDaviизме
вмятмесяBarbПроиTurbSCARКитаRogecityЕськPariMariпост
АртиDisnдоцеARAGEricunioзащиJazzFlatBurnсборРоссLiPo
наклAtlaWindDaewрыбоопытRowePhilDiscупакDaviДебоЛуки
OswaЛитРXVIIJeweдиссЛитРEaglитогГримВооластрСодеБуйн
КоностатVictХомкMalcToyoкартНови(перСмирМохоhomePete
InteНазаWindAllaКлауавтоRobeоднаКлемосноурокКузнАста
ВиноЮдачRichАндрСлавШамообучБыкоТопоWritмесямесямеся
ГлекКопыJustJellЛишеCarlRammПанкТомиКороФедиДмитtuchkas
КозлSerg
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforeman
gangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiametergeartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisions
geophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringe
halfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephonehangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteraction
hartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonment
jobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterialjournallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglory
kerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatom
knowledgestatekondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingload
laissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratiolanguagelaboratorylargeheart
lasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfield
mailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3listsnameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctor
navelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoid
onesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberrypapercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualitybooster
quasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchain
recessionconerecordedassignmentrectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrology
scarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysalestungun
tacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkas
ultramaficrockultraviolettesting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Other Interests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: