Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contacting server ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That was a touch bemusing but I think I've got there now. Just need to test it.

EDIT: Have since tested it on rounds due to some persuasion from Steve. It's working, just a few problems with people getting booted for no reason and that kind of thing. Still all much more reliable than my old single PC modem though.

Last edited by DaCheese on Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is too late but the lan server IP address should be the address of the server computer..... not the lan server/router Wink

I guess you have four rules for tcp and udp on both ports too, often the one rule can cover both protocols. The screenshot doesn't show the port numbers etc so just wanted to check. beware the DMZ, you don't want to bypass your firewall completely Smile
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's happened. Again. Just started tonight. Nations and United, connecting...(15 mins later) can't connect to server.

It seems that this isn't an unusual problem; take a look at this TM-Forum thread. Notice that the person asking the question, Guitar, is also an Eclipse user.

Just a coincidence? I think not. Fuego indicates that the cause of the trouble is that Eclipse use traffic shaping/management. I knew that Eclipse use several tiers of performance and that they have a fair use policy, but there's one thing I will not stand for at the moment; any b*****ds restricting my TM online access.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, United seems OK now touch wood (searches in vain for something wooden in the vicinity of the computer other than the veneer on the desk, then gives up), but I'm still peeved that Eclipse could be playing around with my TM access.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most ISP's use traffic management and some can be extremely restrictive....... the problem is only getting worse too I'm afraid.
UKFC»Ace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!! My first post YAY!! I was actually just browsing around looking for laps management stuff like aseco/fast(I know you run a good server) and came across this thread.

I too suffered with this problem and unfortunately the post above is spot on. Your ISP is shaping P2P traffic and simply cannot tell the difference between TMN and torrent traffic. However, I may have some help....

Start TMN and then go to Configure>Advanced>PeerToPeer>

and UNCHECK upload and download. This will stop P2P traffic and should allow you to connect to servers with no problems. Were you getting loads of chat lag when you did manage to connect to a server? I was.

Anyway... this is what worked for me so I hope it works for you too. The downside is you won't be able to get any more custom cars or signs etc but I'm sure you can live with that if it means the game runs smooth again. Smile

I'd also get on to your ISP and complain.
Steve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome!

You heard anything about the game randomly crashing when using the hex code for colours??

Also, mad coded his own server controller in visual basic.

(Could you send me the project file please, not the exe Very Happy not that im going to copy it or anything, just to have a look. See if i can learn anything from it)
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ace, welcome to by the way Smile It's nice to consult with others who experience the same problems.

Our server controller is up for a rewrite in PHP, if your interested Wink. the old one, though it has served us well is a bit restrictive but does seem to have features that are easier and less complicated than most of the main ones.

Hey steve its erm messy and written in Visual Studio Express 2005
I believe you use vb6, though express is a free download.

quick rundown of the classes I created which will give you an idea as to how It works...

Database/File writer Class - Lets me write to text files with features similar to recordsets etc that you are familiar with. Only MUCH FASTER.

Socket class - Lets me open sockets, serve sockets and has added functions for encoding data and for sending and recieving the messages for tm. These are in a special format and are quite undocumented. It was worked out by trial and error and code hacking. Sockets in express are ten times harder than vb6...... thats progress for you.

Log class - for logging errors :O

Server Class - Uses the above classes to talk to a server and do all the actions to control and manipulate it.

Web Server - uses the Socket class to build a web server and handle all the comms etc.

Web Interface class that generates the HTML for the server controller and actions the replies.

A top level bit to initialise and pull all the servers together and let them talk....
UKFC»Ace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Dutch to me I'm afraid Sad... but some of the lads in UKFC were talking about maybe having our practice server as a laps server when we've no races coming up so I was looking for info on server control so of course first place I looked was here. I know ASECO is not suitable for laps but i think FAST is ain't it? Sector times etc? Is yours a mod of FAST or all your own? Would there be a public version around? Wink

soz for changing the topic.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKFC»Ace wrote:

soz for changing the topic.

nps, it's compulsory in fact Laughing
good luck with the Laps project, Ace Idea

Skin by Baino
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not used fast and we used to use aseco but it screws up records when you change gametype and settings.

Ours is a project I put together and am hoping to rewrite in PHP like aseco which will be a pain to install but more flexible.
The current controller is available if you wished to try it... I could send someone the files and talk them through the install but fast maybe better.

When the new one is up and running I'll let you know.
UKFC»Ace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for that!! I'll have a go at fast and see how I get on and I'll have a better look at yours on the server. Maybe we could get a match going after christmas? I need to get some suitable tracks too but we have on or two fairly good track builders, I think kepp them simple is the keey with laps.

Anyway... thanks for your help again and I'll be in touch. Good luck with the re-write.
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, funny how only a week or two ago we were talking of challenging clans to private GPs. Perhaps we could vote for the 10 best tracks from each server eventually and run a laps session with the 20 selected tracks?

You have to admit, it's a better idea than the Mad Time Attack Series or TMU Rallycross Trophy that I came up with (the latter was where some of us would all download rally car models and have a session on Stadium tracks in United).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The black dog is back Sad

I get stuck on Contacting Server ... and have done for about 48 hours now. This is regardless of which server I'm on and it even happens with TMU. Last time it just sorted itself out, so I guess I'll sit it out for a bit. Give me a chance to test some tracks too!

Anyone else getting stuck? I'm mainly asking Da Cheese, cos last time it happened to both of us.
Tred
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had any troubel connecting, but I got kicked out of a german server on sat, and last night and all today vent has been going a touch haywire (mad, midd and shadow got some of my messages a good 5 mins after I said them!). Oh, and on occasion this weekend it's struggled to find the server lists at all - always sorted itself out after a couple of mins though.

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I must admit, online TMN has been pretty unreliable of late, quite a lot of ejections, failure to enter and long gaps between typing and appearing ... Maybe they are updiating something for TMF Smile
Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got booted of the server twice today Embarassed Embarassed I've had very few problems with connections and i only ever remember having 1 invalid time. And that was when mad's server was going nuts and sending my well earned packets to some place in China first.
bunsenjetson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now I'm 3 days into my no connect hell. Well I say that, but this mornig I connected for about 5 minutes, then went back to work and now it isn't functioning again. It is super frustrating. I haven't actually altered anything on the computer. It just seems completely random. grrrrrrrr.
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will reboot the servers again in the morning but try contacting your ISP.... just give em lots of grief.
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad wrote:
just give em lots of grief

Works every time Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: