Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Children in need Ban
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belial

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Children in need Ban Reply with quote

Spanky came up with a gret Idea of donate £20 and ban a player for the night.

I payed my cash and requested a ban on Angel

Dont think it went down too well

But it was funny and worth the £20

And Grendle, before I get told to grow up, I play on madlaps so I can re inact my childhood

Lol

I did say she could undo her ban for a £20 donation to CIN but got no response and gave her several race chances before the ban was inacted
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was meant in jest but hasn't been taken that way so we'll draw a line under that idea Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if angel hasnt had enough, unkindness, in settling in.

DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a stage at which things go too far. Unfortunately that stage was reached a month or two ago. Should Know Better springs to mind. Come on fellas, lay off Angel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheese we have since realised it wasn't taken in the humour it was meant in. Although Belial did actually donate £20 to Children in Need we left it there.

Beer makes you do purile things and myself and Belial have realised some people you can have a bit of banter and a joke with and some people don't want to which is fine.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

long...

Belial, you were a decent enough bloke when I was the one relatively new to the server, but the one thing that's been bugging me now for ages is the way you're talking about/to Angel on the server. You seemed to have some unfathomed problem with her when she first started racing and I thought we had sorted that whole thing out and moved on?

I can deal with a lot of jibes etc. thrown my way when I'm online and you wouldn't really get much response off me but tonight was several steps too far, but the thing was, it wasn't even me taking those "jibes" tonight, it was my wife Exclamation.

I understand different people have different senses of humour, but Christ, you've got to take a look at what you're saying sometimes. Angel wasn't really saying much while she was playing but she did eventually turn round and say to me "this is getting a bit stupid". I found it amazing that she was determined to stay racing but it really did look like nothing short of bullying prior to her being kicked in the middle of a race.

Mad Laps, generally, is a nice place to race and has nice people in it but I honestly never expected that my wife of all people would be the one who gets singled out time and time again by a select few.

The fact a server admin is joining in the "hilarity" is what really disgusted me about it too.

I'd really appreciate talking to either of you (Belial or Spanky) on Vent to actually hear from you first-hand what your problem is and sort this issue out. She's been bullied long enough.
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologise for my part, I'm a cheeky sod and 99% of what I say in the game is for a laugh, I fully realise that it didn't go down to well and that it has caused offence and for that I apologise.

Angel probably cops more grief than anyone else because she wins the vast majority of the races she takes part in and it can become a little bit dull if the same person wins every race. Bboy and StevieM know as well that being the best by far carries its own burden in piss taking by the rest. However it shouldn't go any further than piss taking so as far as I'm concerned I'll leave my booze fuelled antics to the pub.

What I will say that might help Angel is she should try and speak up more, it does help on mad laps if you try and have a bit of banter with everyone. If she felt that the joke had gone too far then she should speak up, I would have apologised at the time had I realised she was so upset.

Belial isn't a bad lad, he does a lot for this community but like me he has a daft sense of humour and obviously it doesn't work with everyone, so I understand your anger but as far as I'm concerned it was a daft joke that should never have got as far as it did and once again I apologise.

*edit* Grendel get Bea to check her private messages I have sent her a direct apology.
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'd stayed at the keyboard last night instead of watching 'Family Guy' then this wouldn't have gone so far. Friday nights have been a little ugly recently and I should have known better. Apologies to Bea and Grendel for the lack of any responsible Admin with the appetite for bashing a couple of heads together.
That said, the World is a bit of a rough-and-tumble place and I would advise Bea that you can't isolate yourself from it entirely in a multiplayer game, even if you play with opponents 'Off' - hardly a move which will endear you to others who are interacting more meaningfully.

Skin by Baino
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it was true... she's really maried Sad

ok ok, i'm far far far away.

I hope everything's gonna be ok soon, i love you all buddies and i would be sad to see... well i don't know how to tell it in english, but you get it heh. Wink
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepper Starbuck wrote:
So it was true... she's really maried Sad

ok ok, i'm far far far away.

I hope everything's gonna be ok soon, i love you all buddies and i would be sad to see... well i don't know how to tell it in english, but you get it heh. Wink

We did try to tell you she was married Laughing

Don't worry pep we're going to behave and there won't be any more messing about, life is too short to have hassle.
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
If I'd stayed at the keyboard last night instead of watching 'Family Guy' then this wouldn't have gone so far. Friday nights have been a little ugly recently and I should have known better. Apologies to Bea and Grendel for the lack of any responsible Admin with the appetite for bashing a couple of heads together.
That said, the World is a bit of a rough-and-tumble place and I would advise Bea that you can't isolate yourself from it entirely in a multiplayer game, even if you play with opponents 'Off' - hardly a move which will endear you to others who are interacting more meaningfully.

I should add that I was away from Vent and the game because I'm hacked off with the behaviour, i recognise the signs and I'd rather be somewhere else. Chicken.

Skin by Baino
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
Middenrat wrote:

I should add that I was away from Vent and the game because I'm hacked off with the behaviour, i recognise the signs and I'd rather be somewhere else. Chicken.

I leave you all for a week, and come back to this, you kids will be the end of me!!!!
Dantski

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the plus side...

Last night did involve some excellent racing Laughing

I had a couple of close fights with Bea which were great fun (even though I lost!)

Also had a topsy turvy race where Yussuf, The King, Matt and I were split by 0.1 secs on a 2 and a half minute race.

So yeah, I think the racing generates plenty of excitement for me Razz
minim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, what you talking about? angel and grndl is ONE person (with balls)

what's probability that there's a marriage where he and she have the same huge skill? what's probability that there's a marriage of geeks with one computer?

I don't buy it
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minim do me a favour please remove the post its the wrong time and place to start that stuff again, they don't need to prove anything about who races on what computer.
Spam King

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:

Also had a topsy turvy race where Yussuf, The King, Matt and I were split by 0.1 secs on a 2 and a half minute race.

What a race that was!
sosteve
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minim this is a community forum not a rifle range do unto others as you would have them do unto you Sad

master of the slow lap and purveyor of really bad jokes.
JawZ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gun fires blanks.

Belial

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my defense

I don’t have a problem with Angel, or you, or anyone else. I had had a beer and it seemed like a giggle at the time, I did also say if someone wanted to pay a tenner they could ban me as well.

The simple fact is she was kicked (kicked, not banned) FROM 1 RACE not the whole night, which in fairness I had paid for.

If you are going to whine about being kicked from 1 track for a tenner to a good cause, you have issues. It’s not like she will never win another race is it?

I don’t bully people, I have a bit of banter, I’m not insulting (well most of the time anyway) Maybe I should object to being called bellend and moan and cry about it in the forums.

Grow up for Christ sake, in fact, look out the window and you may see it running around somewhere, you know that sense of humor you have lost.

People will always get a bit of stick from me if they only ever say GG when they have won and never acknowledge another racers achievement in beating them. You two on most occasions fall squarely in to that category hence I call you bots (in a way it’s a closet compliment)

Remember it’s a game, one I’m not very good at but enjoy. YOU KNOW, A GAME. I didn’t think twice at paying a tenner to get Angel kicked, but to be fair had it been DTM, Spanky, Mid or Mad that had won that particular race when the offer was open they would have been kicked and not Angel.

So please lay off the "my wife, girlfriend, alter ego" is being bullied by me and just tell her to pipe up and call me bellend and to tell me to shut up. I’ll laugh and we will no doubt get on a lot better, I’m a big boy and can take the stick, its fun and part of the appeal to mad laps.
grndl.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minim wrote:
moronic statement

Sorry Minim, I think that change of timezone from Poland to Manchester has scrambled your brains, I see some of it dribbling down out of your ear.

Belial wrote:
*snip*

Thanks for at least replying (and the insults) but I'm disappointed that there was no words of apology at all. Confused

I'm all for banter and I know you want to have a laugh but everyone doesn't have the same sense of humour as you. You've got to understand that people won't always see things the way you see them. Exclamation

I agree though that for us, we don't exactly come across as King and Queen of the Personality stakes (understatement I'm sure Surprised) and maybe that's been our problem here that we haven't seen the funny side but still, people can't change the way they are overnight.

I've probably blown this out of proportion by getting involved, and I only now realise this as I'm writing this line.

Fin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> News & Information All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: