Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanky has got the right hump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah but Gord.

It was Beastie who was leading on that race, I fell off the track halfway through the first lap. Now instead of sitting at the start line for a few mins I decided to set off and learn the track as I made such a bad mistake on the first lap. By the time I started Beastie was a good 3/4 of a lap ahead of me! I guess I wasnt paying attention to the timer or finishers when I crossed the line, even if I did end up winning be 28secs.

So I apologise for late starting on that race, and from now on I shall not late start again. Flying off the track means end of race and thats what i now shall be.
Gording

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Fair trade....er....play Reply with quote

No one's asking people to sit twiddling their thumbs. There's plenty of time to be aware if you're jumping around the checkpoint positions. Fair players might not be so happy after 4 minutes of hard racing and concentration is wiped out by bug that :

A. Elite racers know exists
B. Many of you seem to blunder into regularly

But it's ok as long as you've got an excuse : "i fell off half way around, and then restarted...yadda yadda yadda...", it's all good.

If you've just been lumbered by a late start error for whatever reason (insert : chatting at the start, crashing on the first few bends, flying off onto the grass, you went to the bog, your phone rang...your head fell off etc.) race on by all means, but no one is forcing you to harpoon over the finish line, and take bows for your new found cheating prowess either! Cars have brakes, stopping before the finish line means you late started, had a good race catching people up and passing them, and didn't jump the placings at the finish. Fair play with sportsmanship? Impossible!

The real issue is that once the problem is known, it becomes a tool for winning/cheating. Like after the first Boost server sprung up. Suddenly people putting points above racing fill it up quickly, and another Boost server springs up, and another and another and another. Gradually all the other servers start to empty (their tracks are mostly terrible anyway, so they deserve to be empty! Evil or Very Mad ) but when Nadeo resets the ladder to zero for TMN Forever, hopefully they'll realise they put all that time in Boosting points for nothing. But that won't help the late starting.

With so many regulars cheating the timer, and so blatantly, it's obvious to non-regulars that there's an easy cheat. So off they hop to their usual servers and inform their friends :

"Mad Laps has a bug, crash off at the first few corners, then restart, then race for a win over players much faster than you! Even better, all the tracks are brilliant, so it's a win / win! lol"

There's a growing band of ladder ranked players no one's ever seen before (no, Bosch isn't all of them! Very Happy) flooding in, who just seem to fall afoul of late starting immediately. Now either it's pure damned luck that it's happening so quickly, and so easily for them, or is it being exploited?

Taken to it's conclusion this might escalate into two groups. One who don't late start but get pee'd off they're always cheated out of places they raced hard and fairly for, and one who crash off, late start, then do rediculously well, and get cheered on for cheating! Which group gets smaller, and which gets larger, do you think?

It's too late now though, the cat's out of the bag...the trick's known. We'll just have to wait and see if the late starting laps bug gradually kills the racing, or not. But when the point of TM racing gets lost...racers historically tend to switch off.
Dutchy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I've got with your post Gord is that you call it a bug... unfortunately it's not really a bug, as Nadeo have deliberately made it possible, so it's really a "feature" Evil or Very Mad Guess it's all down to them all being time attack guys or something, as most of the game is geared around doing individually good times, rather than racing.

As for people continually restarting and winning, I tend to give them a few chances, and then I start taking offence to it. Last week I kicked Bosch after a while, as he restarted 8 times out of 10, and ignored my requests for him to just race. And I'd do the same to anyone else who was acting in a similar way (and yes, I know that on a few occasions I've been guilty of finishing after restarting, although I always feel crappy if I do).

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last week I kicked Bosch after a while

This should happen more often Twisted Evil

No I don't just mean Bosch, I mean all late starters Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always late start when i do my one fingered typing..... trying to reply to Gords extra long and fast messages..... Embarassed
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Fair trade....er....play Reply with quote

Gording wrote:
Taken to it's conclusion this might escalate into two groups. One who don't late start but get pee'd off they're always cheated out of places they raced hard and fairly for, and one who crash off, late start, then do rediculously well, and get cheered on for cheating! Which group gets smaller, and which gets larger, do you think?

It's too late now though, the cat's out of the bag...the trick's known. We'll just have to wait and see if the late starting laps bug gradually kills the racing, or not. But when the point of TM racing gets lost...racers historically tend to switch off.

Well this is the issue I raised before, consistency is not rewarded in laps racing, I do 3 clean laps and win a race, some muppet has a wall rub and restarts then takes the win.

The fundamental issue is that people are not looking at what a laps race is that the person who has the fastest time from the point that the race starts is the winner. If a racer restarts 10 secs later he isn't being penalised with being 10 secs behind everyone else like an F1 driver if he couldnt get the car rolling when the green lights came on which is the start of the race.

Lets be honest about it though its a flaw in the game that is being exploited by people who hold points above fair play and friendship.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently if I've been a bit late at the start (usually due to chatting as typing stuff into the chat box takes forever on this PC), I don't press enter. I just start when I'm ready. It's a lot more fun carving your way through a field of backmarkers and if you finish in time you're not going to get jumped above anyone else in the final standings.
Duracell Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
Recently if I've been a bit late at the start (usually due to chatting as typing stuff into the chat box takes forever on this PC), I don't press enter. I just start when I'm ready. It's a lot more fun carving your way through a field of backmarkers and if you finish in time you're not going to get jumped above anyone else in the final standings.

Thats what I do as well, although if I fall off in the last corner I tend to restart just to avoid sitting around doing nothing for 2-3 mins Razz

LALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

FrankJScott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject: Excellent Product Site Reply with quote

Please try Google before asking about New Product Website 1e19b54
xaniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

джаг174.7PERFPERFOZONФрисComoинстGodeJesuKoopMichШахо
LaceWindCrosАртиRosaMichВешкStevOrsoCrazАртиСодеКурс
МоскCredобслCareслужСтепBriaJensDigiотсюLM10HappСпус
BiocредаLopeСодеВыпуКурьJardсертBugaCrasJohnEmmaинст
RomaпласколеExpeshinмолнBehiдеятJohnСтепосноPierГенр
МастнароИллюDigiTrasNaviShanКозьТараUrsuКирпRobeприр
ЕфреКузьDjivCondменяPetrAgatЧетиГороСавкXVIIКандwwwn
КалчКаряKenztapaChetэнерСереИллюЮлГисверВереFronMich
ЗнамзамевязаBattPremFyodFritDekkEbonDemaJeweMariдере
BradYF-8ЮхамРоссMielArdoTravEmpiAlegКитаWindMercExpe
РосспласSQuiRefewwwdГруззавеJazzсклаязыкнаимHuntGink
часоWindWindWindJeweHeriOregBrauEscaChowкотоФетиЗвер
(АлмРоссSeguJeweШилоPietЛитРАграГордШамбсоврБялыпост
АндрMicrDustМесхУчасЛомаWindЧернстудLastлихопсихмаст
КайдAnneФормNeleХлебНефеTamrАнашкласArisМарчЛьвоБуда
ФомиКузьКамеоткрAgatпереМельOrigиздаAlanYF-8YF-8YF-8
ЭдигWindPhilКураДмитЕремLucyСтепЯкимvinoprogКалиtuchkas
ФормМежи
xaniel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkas
инфоинфо
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: