Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanky has got the right hump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutchy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that if i end up crashing off, I find myself trying to go as fast as possible round the outside of the stadium trying to hit 700. Great fun, i reccomend it.... also good for big crashes.
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great fun but 700?? it's possible to get up to 1000 .... ive only manged low 900s though
JawZ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually end up falling off the map. floating in the sky Smile

Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder if you enter the race after the start YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIT RESTART sportsmanship it's a word in the dictionary between bas*@rd and tw@t.

Not looking at Tom in particular. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Sportsmanship & FAIRPLAY!!! Reply with quote

It's very difficult for an online game to start everyone at the same time, but not impossible. Each player has a ping which varies constantly, and they have issues such as slow hard drives, or steam power graphics, or a CPU made by Sinclair. So the synch up of the start doesn't quite work in TMN as developers seem to think the game has to be able to look into the future, detect any lag, ping variation, and low powered hardware, then magically compensate by starting you early and the rest late...TMN Crystal Ball is the game we need. Or Live For Speed.....

However, cheating is cheating. You go up to a cash machine and you put your card in, and ask for £10, but £100 comes out. You're not a thief, as you can go into the bank and hand the money back. But when you knowingly put that money in your pocket and walk off, you've cheated.

If you start late, because of lag, or you're downloading some prawn, or your torrent client has just had a flurry of a hundred leechers accessing that secret chick flick you've got hidden away, you're not to blame. You didn't ask for it, you've no control over it. But if you're racing along and seeing your name jump ahead of other people in the checkpoint times, but race on knowing and possibly expecting you'll be magically vaulted into the winning place....you're cheating. There's no "get out of jail free" card here this is just a game, but the information was shown, and you chose to finish after your late start was clearly shown in the checkpoint times.

Now all you have to say is :

1. "sorry I late started!" (you're not)
2. "sorry I wasn't watching the checkpoint times" (you were, because WE were)
3. "I didn't mean it" (ok, the late start might not have been your fault, but finishing was!)
4. "I didn't see my position placing go up and down even though I've not seen any cars for "X" amount of laps" (we all wonder why!)

Now can anyone list proper and valid excuses if you late start, see your name rocket up and down the checkpoint times, why your brakes always seem fail just before you finish? Rolling Eyes

Personally I don't care if I'm beaten by a late starter or a bunch of elite players, but it's a hard pill to swallow when I see new players trying their hardest, only to have their hard work completely wiped out by a fault/trick/bug in the timing system, and by players who know it exists. Crying or Very sad
Moldo
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when I see new players

It happens to me too, so many people do it! Salamon, Bosch, Sony, tons more which I forgot what they're called. Rolling Eyes
KCMG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord i think you should add to your list of excuses:

I can't tell which car is mine

(I started racing on mad laps early one in my TMN days - soon after it opened ...... i think - and i never had this problem)

OR worse

It's difficult with all the cars in the way

(Hmm cars in the way, ghost cars in the way, i see this is difficult if there were only some way of driving through them)
Dutchy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a blue badge holder?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I flip/go off first corner, I'll probably restart. Most of the time this happens on a track I'm unfamiliar with though so I rarely finish. When it happens on a track I know, I'll finish if I'm going to do a PB. I remember a few weeks back having to restart and doing a fairly good run, since I noticed I was going to win, I braked right before the finish.
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
If I flip/go off first corner, I'll probably restart. Most of the time this happens on a track I'm unfamiliar with though so I rarely finish. When it happens on a track I know, I'll finish if I'm going to do a PB. I remember a few weeks back having to restart and doing a fairly good run, since I noticed I was going to win, I braked right before the finish.

I do believe it was a race I'd won that you were decent enough to do that on Dantski, I believed I applauded your sportmanship at the time Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually old bean, I believe you flipped that half eaten burger on my face.

It tasted baaaaad
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dantski wrote:
Actually old bean, I believe you flipped that half eaten burger on my face.

It tasted baaaaad

NO-one finishes one of my burgers Twisted Evil

Skin by Baino
Dantski

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its chock full of old chinese manuscripts and toenail clippings.

Mind you its better than ASDA
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crossroads GP

The Spankytech 69er slides on it's roof up to Middenrat's burger, kebab and deep fried mars bar van.

Spanky McCoy flips up visor and spits out some grass.

Spanky: Hi I'm Spanky McCoy and you may remember me from such shows as F1's most hilarious crashes, Through the keyhole surgery and Americas most wanted. When I take a pit stop or just plain crash I come to Middenrats burger, kebab and deep fried mars bar van to get some nourishment. Try the Chilli Burger with bacon it's grrrreeeeaaaaatttt, tell them Spanky sent you and get your free SpankyTech Eyetie racing cap with all orders over £150.

Takes bite

Turns cross eyed

Advert finishes

McCoy: My god someone get me some brandy to swill this out of my mouth.
Middenrat: Too much chilli Skipper I'll have a word with Mustapha on the grill.
McCoy: It's not the chilli old bean it's the bloody e-coli I'm worried about.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Mid's products really be that bad? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you haven't been hungry enough to go there yet... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I annoys me when people late start, but sometimes I do it accidently (like for example typing a message or not paying attention). I know not to do it anymore as I late started yesterday on a full server and took the win of mmmBat. Middenrat kindly booted me Razz
Gording

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste-Unit wrote:
I annoys me when people late start, but sometimes I do it accidently (like for example typing a message or not paying attention). I know not to do it anymore as I late started yesterday on a full server and took the win of mmmBat. Middenrat kindly booted me Razz

Someone's telling fibs.....

In a game long ago on a server far away, someone was racing about in first place (SCARR), while I lumbered along behind. Suddenly in the checkpoint times a name appears as if from nowhere : Ste-Unit. #1. SCARR now down to 2nd, and I'm now 3rd....no wait, i'm back to 2nd, and SCARR's still just ahead. Game's still on...lurch, crash, skid....

There he is again, #1 in the checkpoint times, no one overtook us using a stealth car did they? Someone notices this and having read his previous forum Post, resets back to the start and types :

"Stop cheating STE!"

But no. The Pleb-Unit who's annoyed by late starters (ho ho ho, my aching sides!) decides to annoy himself in proper fashion, and races on for the cheat / and win, getting a nice bundle of useless points in the process. Now who knows not to late start again? Embarassed

So in summary, I can add to the list of lame excuses :

:- "I've been told in text with more than a lap to go that i'm cheating, but no admins are here, so I'll cheat if I want to!"
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as long as regulars like Tom, Hermes Girl and Flying Scott have no problem doing it then it will be hard to convince people new to the server that see them doing it not to continue late starting themselves.

Philpac had it explained to him but he doesn't seem to agree it can be considered cheating and Tom doesn't consider it poor form to do it and Hermes Girl feigns ignorance that she did it and ignores the messages telling her to wise up and Flying Scott told me to "give it a bloody rest" because he doesn't like his late starting being highlighted.

If we want to stop it we need higher ranked and longer established players to lead by example and obviously that isn't happening for all. It does have to be said that the example shown by Mad, Middenrat and Dantski to name a few does show laps racing in a good light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: