Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Complaint
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LabRat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Complaint Reply with quote

It would seem that we have a few more MAD admins.

This may have well been for the good but whoever they are need to be reigned in.

I get kicked for my horn even though i have had it for months and use is regular with no complaints. It took only 1 person on a server with 22 peeps to complain and i get kicked - out of order. No warning given prior to being kicked.

Today i go on challange server - get kicked 3 times then banned. So i was racing track wrong way - was trying to see if it was faster - no official GP on so wtf is going on. No warning given before being kicked and no explanation.

No warning either time so please sort your admins out.
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not me
LabRat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPepper wrote:
It's not me

Pepper - I'm sure it was not you- i have a good idea who it was both times.

Being a admin is a privalage and it should not be abused!!!
Ste-Unit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've been discussing the fact that we've been repeating tracks for a few nights, and that we think there are admins that we don't know about. Bonobo is an admin (for some reason), but he's the only one I personally know about who alot don't.

Nothing wrong with your horn, Belial doesn't get kicked for his and his is quite loud and usually tells people to 'get out of the way, nobster'. Potmans car says '**** it, Toke it' on the back but he doesn't get kicked or banned for it.

If an admin were to kick or ban you they shouldn't, if you were racing the wrong way or beeping your horn a kind 'please stop doing that and behave' would be more suitable, and that would also reveal which admin its annoying the most..
DaCheese

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My view (does not neccessarily represent the views of the admins):

I'm not an admin but I can see the sense in these kicks. If you play your horn every five seconds in a single race you get on people's nerves easily. I use a dixie horn and it can be entertaining at first to hear a novelty horn but soon becomes tiresome if it's not used sparingly.

It's also well known that it's very distracting having someone typing during GPs. When someone is typing the word "flinger" over and over again when you're trying to do 25 laps and then going round backwards it's not easy to concentrate. I know it's not a Formula Mad GP but it helps to avoid this kind of thing happening in real GPs if racers know what's acceptable. This isn't RFR, there's generally a good reason why people get kicked and can I remind everyone using the server to behave with reasonable consideration towards other racers.

Sorry LabRat, I know it's not the view you want to hear but I thought it had to be said.
KCMG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
This isn't RFR, there's generally a good reason why people get kicked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sorry just had to point that out

DaCheese wrote:
can I remind everyone using the server to behave with reasonable consideration towards other racers

i was going to say this in the GP thread but i may as well do here

Sorry for being quite a bad winner after my GP win today - I haven't been in the last 8 GP weekends and to come back and win one, especally with only a few mistakes made me over the moon and as a result i may have made a few comments which didn't have any sort of consideration to the others in the race.
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the kind of stuff that should be getting pm'd to mad. Moaning about it here doesn't help anyone.

Mad picks admins based on his experience of dealing with them, he only made me an admin after speaking to him a few times. If bonobo was made an admin that was mads decision I don't see the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voices wrote:
Sorry for being quite a bad winner after my GP win today

I can't remember what you actually said but no worries.

Ste-Unit wrote:
Nothing wrong with your horn, Belial doesn't get kicked for his and his is quite loud and usually tells people to 'get out of the way, nobster'. Potmans car says '**** it, Toke it' on the back but he doesn't get kicked or banned for it.

LabRat was kicked for using his horn too much, not for it being inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Complaint Reply with quote

LabRat wrote:

This may have well been for the good but whoever they are need to be reigned in.

I get kicked for my horn even though i have had it for months and use is regular with no complaints. It took only 1 person on a server with 22 peeps to complain and i get kicked - out of order. No warning given prior to being kicked.

Today i go on challange server - get kicked 3 times then banned. So i was racing track wrong way - was trying to see if it was faster - no official GP on so wtf is going on. No warning given before being kicked and no explanation.

I`d just stop being annoying, personally
evil_homer
All-Round-Good-Guy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racing the track the wrong way is reserved for the noobs Laughing

i'm going to be controversial and say "get over it"

also, is there a list of who's an admin?
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evil_homer wrote:
racing the track the wrong way is reserved for the noobs Laughing

i'm going to be controversial and say "get over it"

also, is there a list of who's an admin?

Not controversial at all Laughing

Think mad is the only one who knows who all the admins are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
My view (does not neccessarily represent the views of the admins):

I'm not an admin but I can see the sense in these kicks. If you play your horn every five seconds in a single race you get on people's nerves easily. I use a dixie horn and it can be entertaining at first to hear a novelty horn but soon becomes tiresome if it's not used sparingly.

It's also well known that it's very distracting having someone typing during GPs. When someone is typing the word "flinger" over and over again when you're trying to do 25 laps and then going round backwards it's not easy to concentrate. I know it's not a Formula Mad GP but it helps to avoid this kind of thing happening in real GPs if racers know what's acceptable. This isn't RFR, there's generally a good reason why people get kicked and can I remind everyone using the server to behave with reasonable consideration towards other racers.

Sorry LabRat, I know it's not the view you want to hear but I thought it had to be said.

Yep a typed flinger 6 or 7 times over a period of about 30 seconds - then stopped while you guys raced. I may have distracted you for half a lap.

As for the horn - some times i use it - sometimes i do not bother - if i am behind somebody i know i use it to remind then i am still about - if you happen to be near them you will hear it - no one ever comlained about it - no one warned me i was just kicked cause 1 person, not loads, complained about it. I do not use the horn any more i like MAD laps and i would hate to get banned off another server!!!!!!!!!

I raced backwards as the track allowed it and the gates all worked. it was not official gp so thought it ok.

No warning got kicked, kicked second time with no warning, banned 3rd time i went back to server again no warning. Sorry but no one can tell me that that is right and it is abbusive use of admin rights.

If it was a real GP NO WAY would i have done it - i raced the bloody things - when its serious racing then i'm serious as i can be.

MAD laps is supposed to be FUN and its supposed to be a GAME and soemwhere to get away form the **** of life - looks like i am wrong.
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I'd been still in the Brands GP, I would have had to take time out to kick/ban whoever was spamming the chat and circulating backwards, no question of it being a regular or whoever. So doubly annoying, then.
Nice brass neck with the complaint, Lab Surprised

ps I was on Vent with two other Admins who were still in the GP and the incident was handled without rancour and with some regret.

Skin by Baino

Last edited by Middenrat on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pepper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not taking a side or another here, but in general ways, there must be at least one warning before kicking someone in that kind of situation. (when the guy is unknown and having a very bad behaviour ok, but here it is LabRat)
As Cheese well said... it's not RFR here
Middenrat
actual speed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see ps above Pepper, Warned, Kicked then Banned is how it went.

Skin by Baino
LabRat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:
if I'd been still in the Brands GP, I would have had to take time out to kick/ban whoever was spamming the chat and circulating backwards, no question of it being a regular or whoever. So doubly annoying, then.
Nice brass neck with the complaint, Lab Surprised

ps I was on Vent with two other Admins who were still in the GP and the incident was handled without rancour and with some regret.

I did not spam - i typed for 30 seconds then stopped

I raced backwards as i have no reason to believe that this was wrong

My biggest gripe is there there was no warning or explanation

And that is called an "incident"........
LabRat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Complaint Reply with quote

DanTheMan wrote:
LabRat wrote:

Thanks for your input very mature and helpfull.
LabRat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middenrat wrote:

There was no warning m8
DanTheMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Complaint Reply with quote

LabRat wrote:
DanTheMan wrote:
LabRat wrote:

Thanks for your input very mature and helpfull.

As mature as you act on vent and the server?? we`re on the same level then, maybe i`ll unmute you!!!!
Spanky_McCoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LabRat wrote:
Middenrat wrote:

There was no warning m8

I spoke to the person who kicked you and I certainly didn't get the feeling he did it with malice. You were kicked twice why did you think coming back for a third time was a good idea?. If I'd been kicked 2 times in quick succession my ass would be staying out of the server not coming back to make the situation worse for myself.

I don't think carrying on discussing it is making much sense either, he is reversing the ban if he hasn't already done so. You know what you did has pissed people off, don't do it again then there won't be any more hassle. Problem solved, thank you and good night Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: