Mad Online Gaming
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

United GP-Le Mans anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaCheese

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: United GP-Le Mans anyone? Reply with quote

Anybody who's seen me on Nations recently will know that I'm useless at it. Therefore I suggest a United GP from time to time, possibly beginning with one on an island version of the Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans track). I'm working on one at the moment but to be honest it's a bit rubbish and looks nowhere near right. Coast would possibly be easier to put together but there's less speed involved there.

So, does anybody like the idea and does anyone think they can make a better version of the Sarthe circuit?
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno a GP on coast you'd have to make it 15 laps or we'd die of frustration. 25 laps I'd want to hunt you down and strangle you with your PC's power cord. Island or stadium could work for a 25 lapper but coast would for me have to be a shorter race.

Good idea though United would create some interesting GP's.
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's an inspiring idea DaCheese, but i wonder whether United has too many spills to make a GP practical?

Skin by Baino
da dude 24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't be able to stand a coast one but yeah it would be ok, OR to really annoy people we could do a desert one!!
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could give it a try, we had over 20 people in the nations GP last weekend. And i came from last to 3rd Laughing and i want to congratulate bboy or dalefan for winning both races, could be the first time both have been won by the same racer. Confused And also bunsen for finally turning up for a GP. Razz

But it might give the united server some life thats its been lacking. And i think one on stadium, to give me a slight chance, and one on coast, with the stupid slidy cars, or maybe island or sports (not sure about the name)with the fast slidy cars.
Voices
KCMG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve im afriad your wrong bboy did the double b4 at over the river and deadline, i think those were the tracks
Steve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a few GP's before i started, so i dont know what happened in them, but its the first time since i started racing the GP's.

It is possible to do a GP on United?? I havent played it much, but i havent seen any rounds servers, and when we do the GP in nations, its rounds mode. Can you do a GP in laps mode?? People could restart though, and from the last CP Confused
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A United GP on rounds would be fine from a restart from the last checkpoint point of view if it's like Original was. Racing For Shropshire sessions I used to host locally on there were always set to rounds after I found that laps mode doesn't allow proper racing on point-to-point tracks. All circuit tracks were validated to the RFS standard of 2 laps, 10 point limit. You could restart from the last checkpoint unless you were stupid enough to press delete.

Environments-NOT Original ones at least to begin with, that's for sure. Coast? I don't know, I quite like it. Stadium if the choice was mine would be absent unless the track was part tarmac, part dirt or completely dirt (I can't be doing with that understeer). Island? Oh yes, especially on a track based on an FIA GT circuit. A perfect opportunity to wheel out those nice GT skins I know you've all got.

Now, Steve, you say the United server's lacking in action. Don't get me wrong, even though I've remembered I'm useless at Nations I can see why you all like it, but could the reason why the United server's quiet be because everybody's on Nations and not United? Personally I like the variety that the different environments present. To be good at it, you can't keep all your eggs in one Stadium-sized basket.

And finally, can somebody take a look at my newest United tracks and see if they're worth uploading?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look at your tracks and others... I'm just well behind at the moment sorry Sad
DaCheese

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve given up on the Le Mans thing as the building areas aren’t long enough to get the shape right.

Mad, I emailed those tracks which I’d put on TMX to you via the email admin link. I don’t know if you got that email but I’ve since found that Neblivioscrew has a checkpoint that needs moving, so I’ll change that and resend them all with some new ones as well.

Now, the main part. I’m not trying to get on people’s nerves here or sound nasty, I’m just trying to be motivational. Please remember that.

I didn’t start the two posts that compare Nations to United so for that reason so I’m not going to defend United. What I will say, and I’ve said this before, is that no wonder the United server’s a ghost town if nobody plays it. I also think some new tracks wouldn’t go amiss. It seems to have a lot of very similar tracks that don’t do anything original, particularly in Coast. I’m a big fan of coast, but I’d like to see some more tracks that bring something new to the table. I also know Coast’s not popular here, so that’s not helping the situation.

The action on the United server’s not going to improve unless we all club together and make a difference with new tracks and a new enthusiasm for racing on it. So if anybody wants me, I’ll be making a start in the track editor.
actual speed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ure right thereDC, some Coast tracks are rather samey and there's too many of them considerin what an acquired taste they are.

Skin by Baino
Spanky_McCoy
Dirty Deeds Done Cheap(ish)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaCheese wrote:
What I will say, and I’ve said this before, is that no wonder the United server’s a ghost town if nobody plays it. I also think some new tracks wouldn’t go amiss. It seems to have a lot of very similar tracks that don’t do anything original, particularly in Coast. I’m a big fan of coast, but I’d like to see some more tracks that bring something new to the table. I also know Coast’s not popular here, so that’s not helping the situation.

The action on the United server’s not going to improve unless we all club together and make a difference with new tracks and a new enthusiasm for racing on it. So if anybody wants me, I’ll be making a start in the track editor.

Unfortunately it's a chicken and egg situation, I don't like playing on the server on my own but if nobody does then more won't join. From a personal point of view I don't like desert, I'm not mad keen on snow or rally either so I generally don't hang around for those tracks so it's only stadium, coast and sport cars and last time I was on there was too many coast and not enough of the others.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: I was the first Reply with quote

Steve just to answer a question you made earlier in the discussion Bboy was not the first person to win both GPs. I did it a long time ago, maybe the 3rd or 4th GPs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dale Earnhardt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: I was the first Reply with quote

LaValle wrote:
Steve just to answer a question you made earlier in the discussion Bboy was not the first person to win both GPs. I did it a long time ago, maybe the 3rd or 4th GPs

I think Steve's referring to all the Mad Laps GPs, whereas you Lavalle, are thinking of the Servalot GPs (Am I right? If so... Good times Very Happy )

(Oh and, that wasn't the first time I won both GPs either, swept em' the first week of the GPs too CoolCoolCool )
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it seems we may have a simple idea to try out. How about reducing the number of Coast tracks? If the balance of tracks is made more equal, perhaps more people who don't like Coast will use the server.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bumping this thread but I need a fix of United again. I know the game has a lot of problems but I'd love an evening of TMU racing, so can you people here who have it please humour me? Hell, I'll even host it locally if need be.

I've thought of a couple of ideas for the racing:

TMU World Tour
Your standard laps race on a set of stages from each environment. There would most likely be more stages on the Sunrise environments and Stadium as we all dislike the TMO ones (could even cut these out completely, but it'd be nice to just have one or two tracks from each). Alternatively, the sesion could be set to rounds with a 10 point limit on A to B tracks.

Stadium Rallycross Trophy
I've been mumbling about this concept for a while. Basically, everybody grabs a unique rally car model (or at least a unique skin if somebody else is using the model you want) from the carpark and we have a series of Stadium races on tracks combining tarmac and dirt sections. I know we do have the odd couple of peeps here who like dirt and drifting...

So, what do we think? And whatever happens, can you send me the track collection from MLU please Mad?
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To prevent any possible disease, i can promise you that i won't take it badly if some of my Coast tracks are removed from the server Wink

About Le Mans, if only i had more free time, i would be very happy to help, but unfortunately, that's impossible for me at the moment... Crying or Very sad sorry

Good luck...
DaCheese

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Pep, I think Le Mans is a bit of a non-starter anyway. The building area's too short and too wide to get the proportions right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: *sniffle* Reply with quote

*sniffle*. oh, ok then. Bboy did it first. *sniff* I almost thought that I'd amounted to something there...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

United... Hahh hahaha hahah hah ha ha ha ha h Hahh hahahaha ha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mad Gaming Forums Forum Index -> Events and Challenges All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: